Shellac & Polishes - "good to the last drop"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
There is NOTHING I hate more than 'waste'. It annoys the heck out of me.
So, wherever possible, I try to use everything to the last drop.

However, with polishes and such, it can become annoying sometimes when you're trying to get that last little bit out of the bottle and you can't no matter which way you tip the darn thing.
And of course, all this fiddling with the bottle slows us down and is just generally annoying.

So, I set out on a mission. First I tried ordering 'mini' stainless steel funnels WHICH are great for many products (and can be cleaned with acetone or alcohol, way better than plastic funnels) BUT for some things; even their 'funnel' is too large for the neck of the bottle...

So, I got to thinking............. and VOILA...

Stainless-steel icing tips.

Yup, the ones for icing cakes :lol: with the round hole.

Insert one of those into the top of your half-empty Shellac Base coat bottle, tilt the old almost empty Base Coat into it, lean it against something to keep it from tipping over, and TAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAA. Good to the last drop :)

(of course, I discovered that when the balls fall in, you gotta fetch them out with tweezers or toothpick because they block the hole hahaha took me a few min to figure out the problem because I couldn't see them as they're the same colour as the 'funnel' :lol:)

hth's
:green:

There is NOTHING I hate more than 'waste'. It annoys the heck out of me.
So, wherever possible, I try to use everything to the last drop.

However, with polishes and such, it can become annoying sometimes when you're trying to get that last little bit out of the bottle and you can't no matter which way you tip the darn thing.
And of course, all this fiddling with the bottle slows us down and is just generally annoying.

So, I set out on a mission. First I tried ordering 'mini' stainless steel funnels WHICH are great for many products (and can be cleaned with acetone or alcohol, way better than plastic funnels) BUT for some things; even their 'funnel' is too large for the neck of the bottle...

So, I got to thinking............. and VOILA...

Stainless-steel icing tips.

Yup, the ones for icing cakes :lol: with the round hole.

Insert one of those into the top of your half-empty Shellac Base coat bottle, tilt the old almost empty Base Coat into it, lean it against something to keep it from tipping over, and TAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAA. Good to the last drop :)

(of course, I discovered that when the balls fall in, you gotta fetch them out with tweezers or toothpick because they block the hole hahaha took me a few min to figure out the problem because I couldn't see them as they're the same colour as the 'funnel' :lol:)

hth's
:green:

Great idea, can't wait to try it.

great idea! I would rep you for the idea but it seems I need to share the love! So I hope someone else will do it for me!

am i reading this correctly, Pouring old base into a newer bottle of base to top it up. If i have this right, brill solution, my mum will have some of those icing pipes.

Icing tips??
Never iced a cake in my life. Never baked one for that matter either!!
What do they look like and what do I search for on ebay??

I'd say that the one I used was the no#4 in this picture.
I grabbed mine from our local "dollar store" as I don't decorate cakes either. I just got to thinking about things with holes LMFAO such as syringe medicine droppers and the like and then a :idea: went on in my head.

YES, I decant one old bottle into a newer one that's about half empty.

For your top coats, what you could do is decant your old top coats into a 'top coat bottle' that you designate for your glitters :green:

W002_TIPS.jpg

Just goes to show that sometimes the best ideas are the simpliest.

Sam xx

Thanks!!:hug:

Genius. Love it x

Im the same as you, just can't abide waste. I use a tiny metal funnel I got with a perfume set once - it works brilliantly.

Karaxxx

great idea! I would rep you for the idea but it seems I need to share the love! So I hope someone else will do it for me!

Me, too. I have to spread the love. Great idea!

Latest posts

Back