Shellac pricing (removal costs)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather78

Reaction score
Evening all! I have searched the threads & found lots on pricing etc but just wanted to get some feedback on my pricing before I print my new price-lists!!

Shellac inc file & cuticle work (3/4hr) £20
Re-Shellac (1hr) £25
Add Shellac to any Manicure/Pedicure or Luxury Mani/Pedi (extra 1/4hr)£5
Shellac removal including nail tidy (1/2hr) £10
Shellac removal with normal Mani/Pedi, Luxury Mani/Pedi (extra 1/4hr) £5

Does this look reasonable to you?? Be really grateful for your feedback!!

Also I have no problem talking my clients into trying Shellac but I know I sound negative when I tell them they have to come back & pay for removal which I think has put some people off!!

Yes I totally agree that it will most certainly put your clients off, so I would include the price of the removal into the service.

To be honest, I would simplify your price list into

Shellac (inc removal) $xxx

Shellac with luxury Manicure (inc removal) $xxx

Shellac with luxury Pedicure (inc removal) $xxx

If you include the removal in the price, there will be no hidden cost for your client... she will only feel hard done by when you tell her she cannot remove it at home... including the removal will get her to come back to your Salon and it's win win... most of my clients have a re Shellac and the price is the same.

HTHs :hug:

I agree, you will only end up getting people not coming back to get it re shellaced or they will peel it off themselves and we dont want that!!

I only charge for a removal if the client has come to book in for a reshellac but has shellac on her nails from somewhere else (i live in Spain so mostly thats holiday makers, etc) because even though they say its shellac, im not always sure or they've been told its shellac and i end up spending 30 mins trying to get the cr*p off!!!

X

Yes charge the same for Re Shellac as you would Shellac, if you feel your cheating your clients for the first Shellac service maybe give them a soak in the CND Almond milk bath after there Shellac as a super conditioning treatment for there nails :) x

Or.... you could give them a mini solar oil with their first treatment - try to encourage them to use it and once they have tried it will be a good opportunity for a retails sale when they need more - because they will def want more once they've tried it!!

I offer a re-shellac with free removal (as long as I applied it in the first place!). I only charge for removal if they are not having Shellac applied again. Also I would charge more to add Shellac to a mani/pedi or luxury mani/pedi you are barely covering your costs of the shellac with the extra cost you mentioned ;)

Thanks for the replies ladies! Yes I think I need to keep it simple, I've been doing an introductory offer at £20. Today I re-shellaced my client and it took me an hour so I charged £25 & felt guilty that I was charging to remove!! Even though it took me an extra 1/4hr! I think I'm going to do £9.50 for removal only as under £10 looks better!

What would you charge if your client was having removal of shellac with basic mani/pedi??? So no re-shellac but normal polish?? This is all mind blowing stuff!!

Latest posts

Back