Shellac pro 's help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still use Cuticle Away just because I like the finished product. I always make sure that I remove any remaining residue by spritzing with water before I proceed with Scrub Fresh.

I've experienced no problems with lifting.

I was doing the same, and having no problems. Well, aside from the spritzing. I would ask them to wash it off! Haha. But, since watching all the videos on the dry PEP, I tried it, and am SO glad I stopped doing a wet prep. It has helped me shave at least 15 minutes off of my enhancement time.

But, to each their own! I say, do whatever works, as long as it getting great results and isn't hurting your client! :)

You may be over stressing yourself over it. One of our nail techs went through this. She was just over thinking it too much.
Tammy, I think this is where I go wrong too - over thinking together with applying too thin. I am going to practice some more tonight. x

I was doing the same, and having no problems. Well, aside from the spritzing. I would ask them to wash it off! Haha. But, since watching all the videos on the dry PEP, I tried it, and am SO glad I stopped doing a wet prep. It has helped me shave at least 15 minutes off of my enhancement time.

But, to each their own! I say, do whatever works, as long as it getting great results and isn't hurting your client! :)

My mistake. I don't do enhancements any longer. I thought we were talking Shellac.

I tried doing a completely dry PEP for Shellac and I just wasn't happy with my results. I was leaving too much cuticle on the nail plate so I went back to cuticle away.

My mistake. I don't do enhancements any longer. I thought we were talking Shellac.

I tried doing a completely dry PEP for Shellac and I just wasn't happy with my results. I was leaving too much cuticle on the nail plate so I went back to cuticle away.

Oh, I meant either! Haha. I wish I could get rid of enhancements, honestly. Shellac is pretty amazing stuff, and I always recommend a client keeping her natural nails. But, I do have clients who insist.

I have had a few customers who have had masquerade applied and they have chipped on a couple of fingers. so i tried the colour on myself, and it has also happened to me!

Shellac usually stays on my nails for an easy 2 weeks....not sure why this is happeneing...and only with this colour. It also seems really thin, compared to my other colours

I don't do nail extensions any more and love it............

I have had a few customers who have had masquerade applied and they have chipped on a couple of fingers. so i tried the colour on myself, and it has also happened to me!

Shellac usually stays on my nails for an easy 2 weeks....not sure why this is happeneing...and only with this colour. It also seems really thin, compared to my other colours

I bought Masquerade recently and have had no prblems with it, it doesn't seem thin at all to me. I've applied it to 4 people so far, 2 of which had it on for 3 weeks! Perhaps you are applying your second coat too thick to make up for you thinking your first is too thin?

No problems with my Masquerade either , it lasted almost 4 weeks on a friend .
:confused:
Maybe as said by Andrea you are overcompensating on second coat ?

Latest posts

Back