Shellac pro 's help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alldrick

Reaction score
I'm a new at shellac and I'm having clients who's shellac nails are peeling off.

please can anyone give me tips and advice
Thank you :)

Walk us, step by step, through your pep.

Yeah tell us exactly what you do and we can take it from there. X

Hi
I'm following the steps sanitize base coat seal the free edge cure 10 sec then v.thin layer cure 2mins next layer cure then top coat cure then disperse xx
I'm wondering could my 2nd coat of polish could be to think ??
It doesn't look like it is but really not sure what I'm doing wrong !!!
on the toes I've had no probs at all x thank you all help is welcome😊

Hi taken class and watched DVD ect just seems to be the finger nails I have probs with xx thank u all again it's grt to have the help from others with more experince :) x

Hi
I'm following the steps sanitize base coat seal the free edge cure 10 sec then v.thin layer cure 2mins next layer cure then top coat cure then disperse xx
on the toes I've had no probs at all x thank you all help is welcome��

I know everyone goes on about how thin the coats need to be, and they do, but seriously, just paint them as you would with normail polish. Dont get to near the cuticle, sandwich the colour coats inbetween the base and top coat and never apply extra polish to cap the free edge, this should just be a swipe.

It looks like you're doing it all correct though, so just check out the clips the others have said about, they're really helpful x

Hi
on the toes I've had no probs at all x thank you all help is welcome��

Important step - You must clean the nail of all cuticle and debris. Gently push the cuticles back and remove any debris from the nail. Then, use Scrub Fresh to clean the nail and dehydrate it.

I'm having the same problem, I'm doing the application all right, but within days the shellac seems to be peeling off? But i'm not sure why thats happening?

The fact is that many do not know how to polish professionally and apply normal polish WAY too thick. We say "thin to win" and many take that to mean be 'skinny with it' ... you cant win.

Shellac is not 'skinny' and it is not thick .. it is normal lol a normal thickness of a good polish. Too many people over-think this.. it is so simple I really do not understand why some do not get it. Just relax and use your heads .. most problems are becuse of aplying too thick. So go thinner .. simplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The first coat is not for coverage, just apply and do not attempt to get full coverage. .. the 2nd coat will cover perfectly.

Too many people over-think this.. it is so simple I really do not understand why some do not get it. Just relax and use your heads.

The first coat is not for coverage, just apply and do not attempt to get full coverage. .. the 2nd coat will cover perfectly.

Completely agree. Shellac has been the MOST simple thing I've done for nail technology. It's easier than polish, for me. Haha.

But, seriously. If you feel your PEP and application are appropriate, your light could be to blame. Are you using the proper CND UV light? Because you're wasting your time/money by buying a cheap knock-off. It's a splurge but you'll be doing yourself a favor in the long run by keeping the Shellac system together.

Well I'm very glad u guys have found it a breeze!!! Lol
I will take all your advice and tips the fact that you say it's so simple questions my abilities as a BT for the last 10 yrs maybe to old for new tricks !! Thank u for your help xx

I will take all your advice and tips the fact that you say it's so simple questions my abilities as a BT for the last 10 yrs maybe to old for new tricks !! Thank u for your help xx

I am SO sorry if I made it sound like you should think it's a breeze, too! It's not that, at all. But, sometimes, we can be SO professional, and SO good at what we do, that the simplest things throw us for a loop! As Geeg said, just relax, take a deep breath, apply smooth, even, thin layers, making sure to cure properly. If you're lamp is in check and your PEP is good, everything else just works. :)

The thing that made all the difference to me was the thorough cuticle removal as shown in Fingernail Fixers video tutorial .

Cuticle Work V2 - YouTube

hth's

You may be over stressing yourself over it. One of our nail techs went through this. She was just over thinking it too much.

She also found that her Shellac application to the feet went so stress free and practically picture-perfect because the client tended to focus less on their toes than on their hands.

When it came to her Shellac application on the clients' hands, that was a completely different story. She immediately felt stressed and inevitably something always went wrong.

Do you all use cuticle away before Shellac has i was told i didn't need it???

In the beginning, I was using Cuticle Away before Shellac and enhancements. Then, making sure the client washed with soap and water afterwards, and before application.

However, I'm a bit more confident in my prep (or PEP) and application, that now, I just simply do a dry PEP rather than use any type of product. It hasn't failed me, yet! :lol:

Do you all use cuticle away before Shellac has i was told i didn't need it???

I still use Cuticle Away just because I like the finished product. I always make sure that I remove any remaining residue by spritzing with water before I proceed with Scrub Fresh.

I've experienced no problems with lifting.

In the beginning, I was using Cuticle Away before Shellac and enhancements. Then, making sure the client washed with soap and water afterwards, and before application.

However, I'm a bit more confident in my prep (or PEP) and application, that now, I just simply do a dry PEP rather than use any type of product. It hasn't failed me, yet! :lol:

Nor me, Amber.

Latest posts

Back