Shellac Purple Purple?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mines definitely purple it has a blue tone but my clients all class it as purple and love it... personally its on of my favs!

10522471_893591644003885_7775135819884801837_n.jpg

Attachments

• purplepurple.jpg
    purplepurple.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 342
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409410422.845584.jpg

Definitely blue!! But so many compliments on the shade, can't complain :)

Looks purple on me...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 276
We bought a new bottle in recently it defo looks diff to the old colour and the older bottle we have ! More the blue colour x

So, there was a very interesting scientific explanation I watched a few weeks ago.
In short, colour doesn't exist. Each person "feels" the colour as it is perceived by their brain, so my red is not going to be the same red to you.
Kind of like gravity or wind, you can feel they are there but you can't see it.
This Michael guy explains it so much better than I do lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409430452.467659.jpg
This Is it with zillionaire on top, I always have thought of it as a bluey-purple, but regardless of name it's always a very popular colour that I always keep in stock! Weird how it goes Matt though before you top coat it !

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

So, there was a very interesting scientific explanation I watched a few weeks ago.
In short, colour doesn't exist. Each person "feels" the colour as it is perceived by their brain, so my red is not going to be the same red to you.
Kind of like gravity or wind, you can feel they are there but you can't see it.
This Michael guy explains it so much better than I do lol

I was just thinking the same thing, I watched a programme (think it was about the mind on BBC 1 or 2), it was explaining colours and how/why we call them what we do. In sort, they showed a card with colours on to all sorts of people from all over the world. How they perceived them differed dramatically and in some cases groups didn't even have a name for the colour because it didn't exist in their surroundings and one group couldn't even see it! (they were a very remote tribe).

Quite amazing and enlightening.

Karaxxx

Found it! Hope the link works :)

Is Your Red The Same as My Red?: http://youtu.be/evQsOFQju08

What a clever & fascinating man.... Very interesting!!! Thanks x

What a clever & fascinating man.... Very interesting!!! Thanks x

There are seriously times when I want to shove this video down some clients' throats lol
I can't stand it when they ask me to pick a colour for them either, then they don't like the 1st 15 colours :/
I too would describe Purple Purple as a Cadbury purple and every time I use it on someone I crave chocolates mmm

There are seriously times when I want to shove this video down some clients' throats lol
I can't stand it when they ask me to pick a colour for them either, then they don't like the 1st 15 colours :/
I too would describe Purple Purple as a Cadbury purple and every time I use it on someone I crave chocolates mmm

Lol I get this too..... "Oh I don't mind, surprise me!" Then have a massive long list of what they don't like! 😉☺️

Regardless of exactly what shade of blue/purple it is, ultimately I base colour on a 'Do I like it or don't I?' scale and I do! :)

Those toes further back in the thread look like Midnight Swim! (Im not saying they are, just that thats what they look like to me)

My purple purple is definitely purple, but a bluey purple, rather than a purply blue.

The toes definitely don't look like midnight swim (to me) midnight swim looks really sparkly where purple purple is more metallic without sparkle. The way we all see colours differently is amazingImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409482712.138747.jpg

Latest posts

Back