Shellac removal - wraps or tin foil? What's your preference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellac removal - wraps or tin foil?

• CND removal wraps

Votes: 83 34.9%
  • Cotton wool and tin foil

Votes: 155 65.1%

• Total voters
I also use Magis foil wraps now for toes and fingers and I think they still look professional better than just cut up foil and cotton wool!

CND wraps for clients and cotton wool and foil for myself.

Hi there! I've been shopping at CosmoProf.

I've been to the licensed distributor on Dalhousie and they had NOTHING in stock, just a few basic powders and polished. They had maybe 2-3 colors of Shellac, not even Top Coats. When I asked the lady at the counter when they would get stock, she told me she had no idea, to just call next week. When I called the next week, they told me they still didn't know and to call again.

So I've crossed them off my list, I really don't feel like throwing myself in traffic downtown, pay parking and get not so good service like that. Lol Thanks though :)

Cosmoprof jacks up their prices. It's unbelievable.

I personally use cotton and tinfoil. I find the CND remover wraps just don't cut it for me. My clients Shellac is off in under 10 minutes. I'm pretty good at wrapping their fingers in neat little packets like baked potatoes hahahaha bam!

I use the CND wraps. Foils are leaky and I find that the acetone evaporates and does not penetrate enough. As for cost, I charge less for a client's first application (no soak off) and then more for subsequent visits. I chalk this cost difference up to being a discount for a first timer, and continue to charge the regular price even if they come in again w/o the product on. This way they are not tempted to rip it off of their nails on the car ride over just to save $5.

I use the CND wraps and quite like them, don't find them difficult or a pain to use at all. I haven't had to remove Shellac from toes yet apart from on myself and used foil and cotton wool following advice I'd read on here that it was the best option for toes. Got myself in a right old tizz and they kept falling off, was a bit of a mare. So need to work on this or find a better method for toes

I always use the CND wraps on clients as I like the professional image. But I use foil and cotton pads on myself purely because of the cost.

Wraps all the way for me - foil always ends up ripped or leaking with me (yes im clumsy). My clients love the professional some of it too, i charge for removal so it's covered.
Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hey geeks,
CND wraps are the most effective but they are also super costly compared to the magis. So I use the magis (which is basically foil and cotton!!). The competition in my area is fierce so have to keep those costs to a minimum so I can charge the relevant price for the shellac treatment. Im in an area of undercutters for sure!! xx

I personally use cotton and tinfoil. I find the CND remover wraps just don't cut it for me. My clients Shellac is off in under 10 minutes. I'm pretty good at wrapping their fingers in neat little packets like baked potatoes hahahaha bam!
haha!! I do the same & generally make a cup of Tea or coffee for my client whilst they "cooking"!!! :)

I have used both CND wraps and Magi foils and have to say prefer the magi foils they are easier to apply and easier to drink a coffee. You can also get a plastic container that they sit in making storage easier and keeping them neat and tidy if sitting on your nail desk!! I wouldnt use just any foil wrap though, only Magis!!

Magis for me too!

But I ran out today and had to go wholesalers for another brand of foil wraps and they're crap! Very flimsy foil like Tesco basics foil!! Magis are pretty tough and resistant to tears.

I fold my pads so that they are only on the nail anyway, so no dehydration of their skin, and I've perfected a way of folding the foil and kind of scrunching it to the finger so it does not move

I include a removal in my Shellac price if they have a re-do so it does make a difference as it doesn't cost anything like the £2 or so for each set of wraps.

i actually buy the foil they use at hairdressers fpr highlights its thicker then domestic tin foil. hths x

I do the same. Works really well. :)

See, I think it looks better to use the wraps on the client as it looks more professional but to be honest, on myself, I use tin foil and a folded lint free pad as it removes it quicker as I can't get the CND wraps on tight enough!

I also include the price of removal in my re Shellacing so seriously considering changing to Magi wraps.

Hello geeks!
I was wondering as my main beauty treatment room colour is hot pink i could use the bright pink hairdressing foils for gel polish removal? Wouldn't of thought the colour will alter removal at all, but just thought i better check! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Ooh I was going to try colour coordinated foil then owns told the colour in the foil can transfer to the nail bed via acetone so I don't dare try after that. If you do let me know if that is true :)

I cant believe tin foil and cotton wool is more popular in the poll! I find this a complete nightmare to do. No matter how much I try i can never get the foil secure enough and the cotton pad ends up sliding about or the whole thing falls off. The wraps are a god send for me. Each to their own whatever works best for you.

Hello geeks!
I was wondering as my main beauty treatment room colour is hot pink i could use the bright pink hairdressing foils for gel polish removal?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I thought of this too! Lol

Cotton wool & foil for me to a good quality tinfoil though that's doesn't rip easily. Takes it off a treat.

I had the Cnd remover wraps but found them fiddly & because of the price of shellac everywhere where I live is low (too low in my opinion) I just can't justify the cost of the remover wraps.

i use the Gel Magis foil wraps - CND wraps are too expensive to factor into my prices.

I pay £21.99 for 500 magis wraps, the equivalent cost in CND wraps being £104.75!-almost FIVE times the cost of Magis wraps!... No brainer!

Latest posts

Back