Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just bought the 50 pack of cabochons and they marked them as dispatched almost straight away (they are obviously going to the post office today hehe) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
I find you see the back of ring on light stones? What do you use apart from tge stone settings?

Sorry I meant you can see where you've glued it through stone?

Does anyone have a link for the backs for making them into pendants, I've searched but keep finding ones that are all fancy edges and I just really want plain to match the rings ? x

Won't you still see where you've glued it in to that though? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I found that you could see the silver base of the ring blank through the really pale ones , the glue is clear so I can't see that you would, although hadn't thought about that :eek: you would probably have to have some base colour, just choose a really pale one. When they arrive i'll have a go with a pale colour :) x

I found that you could see the silver base of the ring blank through the really pale ones , the glue is clear so I can't see that you would, although hadn't thought about that :eek: you would probably have to have some base colour, just choose a really pale one. When they arrive i'll have a go with a pale colour :) x

Oh I see what you mean.

Yes won't be as obvious with full base xxx

I can't search for sellers on my phone :( lol thanks though I'll keep my eyes peeled for their name. Do you have a photo of yours? Xxx

If you're on the eBay app in the searh bar type seller:then name x

If you're on the eBay app in the searh bar type seller:then name x

Ahhhh I'll try that. You gem. Thank you xxx

Is there any way of removing the design once you've done it? Without ruining the glass stone? I've done one using shellac and it's all been cured but now I don't like it :( I rushed it and it looks messy, don't really wanna throw the stone away though xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

soak in acetone

All these ebay sellers are probably so confused (and happy) about their 50 fold increase in sales lol xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Won't you still see where you've glued it in to that though? Xxx

I've made the underside of my stone black so I'll let you know if the ring base shows through (If it ever bloody arrives!! :irked: )

Does anyone have a link for the backs for making them into pendants, I've searched but keep finding ones that are all fancy edges and I just really want plain to match the rings ? x

Anyone ?? x

I am addicted to this thread. Just a couple of questions for those of you who have already tried this.
Do press the glitter into base coat or would you base coat then top coat then glitter then colour then top coat?
Do you need to take the shine off the stone first?
Has anyone tried using mylar flakes?
Has anyone tried One stroke nail art?
How much are people going to sell them for?
Sorry for all the questions but cant wait to try this and am hoping my stuff arrives tomorrow xxx
:biggrin:

I am addicted to this thread. Just a couple of questions for those of you who have already tried this.
Do press the glitter into base coat or would you base coat then top coat then glitter then colour then top coat?
Do you need to take the shine off the stone first?
Has anyone tried using mylar flakes?
Has anyone tried One stroke nail art?
How much are people going to sell them for?
Sorry for all the questions but cant wait to try this and am hoping my stuff arrives tomorrow xxx
:biggrin:

When I've done glitter I've done 1x base coat then glitter then top coat then another layer of glitter then colour and top coat. I found one layer of glitter wasn't enough. I haven't took the shine off just quick wipe with d sperse and good to go :) xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back