Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone stamping onto the cabochons? Just wondering if you need s clear base coat or anything? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've stamped on them. No base coat needed. I stamped right onto the cabochon with no problem.

I've stamped on them. No base coat needed. I stamped right onto the cabochon with no problem.

Brilliant thank you :) x

Very pleased sold six today :) here are four of the ones I sold plus another purple and black one x

How so you get your rings so sparkly? I've tried but mine end up quite patchy! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385392796.997207.jpg
I couldn't wait for my proper cabs to arrive so bought some glass pebbles from Tesco for £2 just to have a play 😃
I'm not going to use these for jewellery I'm going to attach them round the door of my storage cupboard to bling it up 😍

How so you get your rings so sparkly? I've tried but mine end up quite patchy! X

Hi lovey

I do base coat, glitter, top coat, glitter then depending on depth I'll either put colour on or just top coat xxx

Finallll they arrived! My very first go so not the best yet! But I'll keep practising, very addictive :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385403004.379979.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385403018.430723.jpg

Wow I am loving all of these! I am just off to browse eBay but I have requested to Jewellery Geeks! too if I can be added please.

Keep posting the photos these are awesome will post some of mine when I get there. So excited to try these!

View attachment 48843
I couldn't wait for my proper cabs to arrive so bought some glass pebbles from Tesco for £2 just to have a play ��
I'm not going to use these for jewellery I'm going to attach them round the door of my storage cupboard to bling it up ��

I love this idea, and I have these stones lying around already! Did you just do the design on the bottom of the stones and then top coat them? Would I need to use a foundation or do I just use the gelish directly onto the stone?

I love this idea, and I have these stones lying around already! Did you just do the design on the bottom of the stones and then top coat them? Would I need to use a foundation or do I just use the gelish directly onto the stone?

Yeh, do it back to front (sort of!), i use the base/foundation coat then glitter or art work, colour then top coat x

Yeh, do it back to front (sort of!), i use the base/foundation coat then glitter or art work, colour then top coat x

Thanks, I'll have a go!

I used CND Shellac to do these, yes the designs are applied on the base of the stones and as I don't have to worry about the Shellac peeling off with pressure from a ring blank I just applied it direct onto the cabs then top coated them. Gives the clients a good idea of what's possible :)

I used CND Shellac to do these, yes the designs are applied on the base of the stones and as I don't have to worry about the Shellac peeling off with pressure from a ring blank I just applied it direct onto the cabs then top coated them. Gives the clients a good idea of what's possible :)

Thanks. I have been looking at ways to decorate my room, and I have a tray with these stones scattered around (amongst other things) on it. Brilliant idea.

Join requested :0) x Melanie Lewendon x

Just placed an order to get involved with this! Actually can't wait 😬 xx

Just placed an order to get involved with this! Actually can't wait �� xx

I would love to do these rings, but I just cant see myself finding the time. There are some lovely works of art here, I'm sure yours will be great too.

Need to take some better pictures without my old manky looking hand, but here's my little advert :) I've now sold 8 :)

Really appreciate everyone's help on this thread. And of course inspiration.

Attachments

• 1385422687688.jpg
    1385422687688.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 421
I would love to do these rings, but I just cant see myself finding the time. There are some lovely works of art here, I'm sure yours will be great too.

That's the only problem I might have ;-( finding the time to get them done! Although I'm off ALL day Friday so hoping they arrive & I can have a play xx

Thanks. I have been looking at ways to decorate my room, and I have a tray with these stones scattered around (amongst other things) on it. Brilliant idea.

The ones used to make the rings are little bit different to the glass pebbles id practice on glass pebbles but invest in proper cabs so they sit nice on the ring xxx

They are so quick to do. Even if you can only find half an hour in your week you can still bang out loads in that time :). Xxx

The longest bit was finding all the bloody bits on eBay haha xxx

Seriously, i have spent hours on ebay, some of the postage prices to Ireland were crazy and quiet a few that had great prices didnt post to Ireland at all :(

Hopefully stuff will start arriving soon. I bet you the glue will arrive first lol

Latest posts

Back