Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks just pm you xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386597454.894557.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386597464.643556.jpg

Vicki :) xx

One I've just made for my BFF for Christmas, hope she likes it :)

Karaxxx

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 447
Here are some of my attempts. I am keeping the purple ring and bangle for myself as I love it so much. ;) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

These are really beautiful! Can I ask where you purchased the bracelet settings (especially the one in the middle)?

I've bought some necklaces & rings a while ago but I've only made one thing and not done any since (pic in my album). This thread is inspiring me to get more done for xmas! :D

I've tried to search for the group on FB but it doesn't seem to show.

Can someone please put me out of my misery, I want to do a foil ring but if I do it with the right side facing me (as u would on a nail) but on the underneath of the cabochon, it's obviously goin to come out blank..... Heeeeelp :(

Get your Cabochon and glue the underside with foil glue, then cure in your UV lamp for two minutes. Cut a piece of foil slightly larger than the Cab, then place your foil onto the cured glue and press it into place with the patterned side to the glue (which will be the bottom of the cab, so when you turn it over to look at it as if it were a ring you will see the foil pattern). Once your glue is dry carefully cut the excess foil off. Topcoat with a UV polish or BL Smoothing over the underside to protect the foil from your glue when you attach the ring blank. Take the topcoat slightly onto the glass so it overlaps the foil.

Aaaaah thanks :) I don't hv foil glue I always use shellac for foils on nails, wonder if that would work

Darn it, that'll be a no

There is a really nice one in the thread somewhere with the irresistible peacock foil... Think it was just cut out and stuck on.

Could you do shellac base, stick on pre cut foil (pattern side down), seal with topcoat?

Could probably do that with regular polish as well :)

Will try that :)

All my stuff turned up yesterday. Can't wait to have a play!! 😆 Although my cabochons are a lot smaller than I thought 😋 xx

All my stuff turned up yesterday. Can't wait to have a play!! 😆 Although my cabochons are a lot smaller than I thought 😋 xx

Get out the tape measure and check they are the ones you ordered. I got sent the wrong size! X

Has anyone sold many of these? I have made about 100 of them and I'm pricing them at £3-7 depending on size and nail art but I've only managed to sell one so far for £3 but I've spend about £50 on buying different sizes. Any selling techniques anyone willing to share would be much appreciated xx

I wasn't how well they'd sell so I only bought 5 to make up, I sold one the first night I finished them and another 2 the next night (all for £5). So I've order 5 more, slightly bigger ones, feeling that this couldn't go on forever! but already sold 2 of those and have commissions for 2 more!! I've now taken the plunge and order 15, so fully expect my little adventure it to end there LOL

Karaxxx

I've sold 3 of my larger ones. Mine are priced at £4.50 for round ones. £6.00 for oval ones. I discount if they buy 2. More bits n bobs bought over weekend eek.

Debbie

Here are some I've done recently. The teal set is a client order. Red set is for my little man's teacher and the pink for the TA. Getting the cab into the ring base (red oval) was fun! It didn't want to go in. The green heart is for my best friend to match a set of nails she adored in the summer and the blue heart is mine, my little man chose the colour.

Need to make a set for my daughter's teacher and TA yet. They are having teal and lilac.

Attachments

• 1386695159219.jpg
    1386695159219.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 1386695174148.jpg
    1386695174148.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 1386695187777.jpg
    1386695187777.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 1386695204444.jpg
    1386695204444.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 1386695231335.jpg
    1386695231335.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 1386695246972.jpg
    1386695246972.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 360
My 1st attempt using zillionaire and midnight swim. My mum saw it and now wants me to make one to match her dress and nails for a meal out!
6aqasame.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I adore this ring base!! Please can you tell me what I should be looking for? Another fanatic about to give it a go!!! X

Emily x

Latest posts

Back