Shellac Romantique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally1982

Reaction score
anyone else find this colour quite hard to apply? i just had a client who wanted it and it was my first time of applying it and i really wasnt happy with it.. she was happy and of course i didnt show i was unhappy with result but just wondered if was just me that found it difficult?xx

I found I needed to be extra careful to apply a thin layer and for the dense opaque look I wanted for my own nails I went with 3 coats. I've only used this once on myself though so don't take that as gospel!

for french 1 coat of romantique gives a subtle mask to the nail,
if you want it as an opaque colour similar to the bottle try
o 1 coat of strawberry smoothie + 1 coat of romantique and then you get a more opaque milky-pinky colour similar to the romantique bottle.

i just found it went on a bit streaky .. i guess i need more practise with my application of it

make sure you shake the bottle really well to distribute the pigments + make sure you are applying thinly should help.

i just found it went on a bit streaky .. i guess i need more practise with my application of it

Do you find this with Iced Cappuccino aswell?

i dont have iced cappucino yet so i wouldnt be able to say. sorry hun :-(

I find that with iced cappuccino! Xxxxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Remember a nice light touch - gliding the brush, not dragging - that should help. x

I find it quite a hard colour to apply aswell. I sometimes put a coat of beau over it if its looking a bit streaky. I really don't like the colour of it either. But others love it :)

I absoluely love the look of Romantique :biggrin:, but I too can't seem to apply it so it's not streaky, no matter how thin or dense I try to apply it, on my clients anyway. Although for some strange reason when I apply it to myself it never really looks streaky., so I can only think that I apply differently to myself maybe with a lighter touch :rolleyes: I did a client last night and layered the strawberry smoothie 1st, then the romantique and had to go for a 3rd layer of strawberry smoothie to balance it out abit, but it still looked abit streaky to me. I'm finding this with a few colours actually. I had to postpone my shellac brings them back class a couple of weeks ago, but I am going on it next Friday, so I'll have a list of problems for the educators that i've come across whilst using Shellac, but I love Shellac and won't be happy till I can apply all the colours with absolute perfectionv:biggrin:

The key to not getting streaks is the angle as to which you hold your brush when applying the colour to the nail. If your holding the brush up at a 45 degree angle then you are basically applying and scraping the product off at the same time. Keep the brush as flat as you can to ensure a thin even coat. If you think it's looking streaky, before you cure, don't be afraid to go over it again with your brush parallel to the nail plate without applying more product with a light touch.
David

The key to not getting streaks is the angle as to which you hold your brush when applying the colour to the nail. If your holding the brush up at a 45 degree angle then you are basically applying and scraping the product off at the same time. Keep the brush as flat as you can to ensure a thin even coat. If you think it's looking streaky, before you cure, don't be afraid to go over it again with your brush parallel to the nail plate without applying more product with a light touch.
David

Ooh. I'm going to try this. Thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

i always do 3 coats. and yes dont drag the polish! :)

It can be a difficult colour to work with when clients have ridged nails.

It can be a difficult colour to work with when clients have ridged nails.

Now easily remedied by using CND Shellac's new Power Partner, CND Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel! :D

i done this set of nails on my mum and she decided she liked strawberry smoothie so done x2 layers SS but i decided i didnt like it on her so i applied one layer of romantique over and went over beautifully.

Attachments

• 644372_564333143597418_1126814903_n.jpg
    644372_564333143597418_1126814903_n.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,628
I find it helps if you apply the first layer slightly thicker, I have also found it doesn't effect my clients & one who is a florist has had 3.5
Weeks wear. Iv done 5 Romantique manicures in the past couple of
Weeks as people really love the colour. Especially layered with VIP
Gold xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361747792.767982.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361747792.767982.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,226

Latest posts

Back