Shellac system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envylicious

Reaction score
Hi all,
I purchased some Shellac polish from CND yesterday and wondered (reading past threads) if this is curable under a normal UV light. I am just setting up my own home-mobile salon and am learning new things as I go. As you all know setting up is very expensive so need to know if this is ok with UV or if I have to have a special lamp to cure.;)
Thanks in advance.

CND have said hat the Shellac or Brisa lamps have a higher output of UV that Shellac needs. It is being discussed on a few threads and the Salon Geek - Shellac Lovers group.

It's been said that if any other UV lamp is used the product will look cured to the naked eye but will actually not be fully cured which could lead to over exposure.

Also, with the new Shellac lamp you will be able to cure all 4 fingers and thumb in 1 go.

Thanks for that, I have read through the posts. Looks like I am going to have to wait a while before using the Shellac that I have bought-just invested in a infrared lamp for Minx!;)

Thanks for that, I have read through the posts. Looks like I am going to have to wait a while before using the Shellac that I have bought-just invested in a infrared lamp for Minx!;)

Actually you will be surprised at the price of the new UV lamp from CND. It is very reasonable (all those who attended the EVENT last weekend will receive theirs for FREE).

Those who already have a Brisa UV Lamp can use that to cure Shellac. The new lamp is a five finger cure lamp which saves time. If you are using the Brisa UV Lamp then you will do a normal 4 finger cure followed by the thumbs for complete curing.

The new lamp is amazing....Really......we couldn't stop stroking it..its so funky and does all these really cool things...you can set the timer on the digital display thing and its got a carry handle and a tray that comes out for feet...its just beaut !!

Grrr I hate it when that happens just my Brisa lamp 3 weeks ago just to find out a few days ago that the new lamp is cheaper and better.

:( im unlucky like that too! I just ordered my brisa one the other week :| im such a donut!! x

Well I have gone ahead and ordered my Shellac today so looking forward to having a play.

I think I will put new bulbs in my Brisa lamp to make sure they are fully functional.

I mentioned earlier about some of my clients liking nail art.. if I was to apply nail art (usually with a stripper pen, the odd diamante or the like, would I remove these first with standard pollish remover then go onto using the Shellac remover pads or will the pads remove the whole shebang?

Will Scrubfresh be ok to remove the inhibition layer?

Last edited:
Will Scrubfresh be ok to remove the inobition layer?

Dont know regarding the nail art- i'd imagine it'll remove the lot with the wraps. For the inhibition layer you cant use scrubfresh as it contains acetone which can lead to service breakdown. We were given dsperse for this.

Well I have gone ahead and ordered my Shellac today so looking forward to having a play.

I think I will put new bulbs in my Brisa lamp to make sure they are fully functional.

I mentioned earlier about some of my clients liking nail art.. if I was to apply nail art (usually with a stripper pen, the odd diamante or the like, would I remove these first with standard pollish remover then go onto using the Shellac remover pads or will the pads remove the whole shebang?

Will Scrubfresh be ok to remove the inobition layer?

As polish remover has acetone in it, if using that, it will break down the Shellac, as will scrubfresh as that also has acetone in the ingredients. It's best to use d:sperse or alcohol wipe.

HTH's

Hi, I know peeps are asking if UV lamp would be good for using shellac and the answer is no, what Im asking is do I need to keep my UV lamp out for when I want to finish off my acrylics with the Glaze & Go or would the Shellac lamp be ok to use for this?

thanks guys

Dont know regarding the nail art- i'd imagine it'll remove the lot with the wraps. For the inhibition layer you cant use scrubfresh as it contains acetone which can lead to service breakdown. We were given dsperse for this.

I have non acetone polish remover would this do?
Where do I get Disperse from?

I have non acetone polish remover would this do?
Where do I get Disperse from?

d.sperse is an inhibition layer remover made by Caratin proffesional, available through sweet squared. If i remember, non-acetone polish remover was advised against at The Event.

Hi again everyone,
Sorry if this sounds really stupid, but as I'm new to the profession, what is The Event :o Sorry, I've heard everyone mentioning it and am really curious. Is is in London? How much is it to go? Is it on every year? I am a teaching assistant by profession (part time) and have done my nail training to hopefully start my own business so that I can work from home. So I am totally green!!!:green:

I did Shellac on my client today...then got all clever and started showing her Effects too...well that was it, she wanted raspberry sparkle over her fedora Shellac then...no probs but i completely forgot what i was supposed to recommend she take the effects off with at home when she gets bored of it and wants her plain Fedora back....???? I remember them saying non acetone remover wasn't reccomended...so what do we use to remove enamel from Shellac...?

I was going to ask if the Effects can be used in conjunction with the Shellac .... Did you put it over the Shellac top coat Ang?

I asked the question about the Effects over Shellac - it was not really a good idea because you cant remove the Effects safely. I have a client who wont wear the same colour for 2 weeks so she had Shellac yesterday and will wear it as is for 1 week, she bought 3 effects (kerching LOL) and she will use one after a week and then come back the following week to be re-Shellacked.

I was going to ask if the Effects can be used in conjunction with the Shellac .... Did you put it over the Shellac top coat Ang?

yes...and it looked AMAZING...I have just painted my 1 shellac finger nail in silver chrome and added an effect...left it to dry for 30 mins and tried the d.sperse and although i did have to scrub a little...it came off fine and my shellac was still glossy

Hi again everyone,
Sorry if this sounds really stupid, but as I'm new to the profession, what is The Event :o Sorry, I've heard everyone mentioning it and am really curious. Is is in London? How much is it to go? Is it on every year? I am a teaching assistant by profession (part time) and have done my nail training to hopefully start my own business so that I can work from home. So I am totally green!!!:green:

The Event is a 2 day inspiration extravaganza that Sweet Squared put on. Location varies as does the content, but it includes loads of education, guest stars and PARTY/Awards! HTH's

The Event is a 2 day inspiration extravaganza that Sweet Squared put on. Location varies as does the content, but it includes loads of education, guest stars and PARTY/Awards! HTH's

To add, it was AMAZING and i certainly wont be missing any future ones either... Inspiration/ education/ Partying all rolled into one FAB weekend!!

:Love:Thankyou Sweet Squared! :Love:

Latest posts

Back