Shellac vs Nailpolish....its simple but..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
Im going to throw this out there.
Ok so I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shellac and what it has done for my business..my daily turnover has gotten fatter simply because we are now pushing for Shellac for every customer who comes in for a manicure..the only problem is that my nailpolish is well....going 'stale'..gathering dust to be exact.
While on one hand I am making more on Shellac I am actually robbing Peter to pay Paul do to speak and cant get my head around the fact that well I cant break even on Shellac unless my polish is paid off and then I need to repay for the Shellac bought.. get me?? ..I have over 60 bottles of stunning Essie nailpolish that needs to be sold or used! I need to have nailpolish in stock - this is clear but his nailpolish is paid for and as a stock it needs to shift
Have any of you fabulous ladies got any crazy yet brilliant ideas how I can successfully shift this 'vintage' stock without having to simply accept that I may have to sell it off at half price?
thanks
Cait x:Love:

Could you do an offer on regular manicures, file and paints or princess parties?

Could you do an offer on regular manicures, file and paints or princess parties?
Yep ...getting me thinking.... perhaps a saturday pre party offer...like a file and paint on saturday with the matching bottle at a discounted price?
hmmmm? perhaps perhaps ?!
keep em coming!
Thanks! SJK

Last edited:
Have you looked into young nails mani q clear gel, you can mix regular polish with this clear gel to make it a gel polish. I got this to use up my redundant polish. Fantastic product been very happy with it.:cool:

Do you use your nail varnishes in pedicures, or do you find everyone has Shellac pedicures?
Since May I have only done Shellac manicures not normal, but still find I am using my nail varnishes with normal pedicures,
Could you maybe do an offer like; book a Shellac maincure & get a half prize or free toe file & varnish or mini pedicure? x

Have you looked into young nails mani q clear gel, you can mix regular polish with this clear gel to make it a gel polish. I got this to use up my redundant polish. Fantastic product been very happy with it.:cool:

Wow, that sounds clever stuff! Do you have a link please x

I read about this the other day. I want to have a look at it at Pro Beauty this weekend. It sounds like a great idea. If it works you could mix the colour your client wants and then sell her the polish for touch ups! I am also worried about starting with a gel polish when I have so much ordinary polish in stock.

That means buying in a whole other treatment /system to use aswell as your shellac and regular polish !

Then what? Are you going to switch your shellac clients to the mani q till u use up that and the polish then switch them back to shellac?

You will be borrowing from Tracy to rob Paul to pay peter lol

You could make a lucky dip? / lucky bags ? Claire's exsesserys do this to get rid of old stock seems to work,

You could add it to your website something like, "come in and see us at blah blah and while your at it buy a lucky bag
(put price list in bag to )

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

fantastic replies girlies thanks the mani q sounds amazing and Ill definitely look into that some more but I also do understand what mizzy is saying ... yep robbing from Tracy(?) lol! to pay paul to pay peter..sounds like the bank crisis explanation!
lucky bag is a good idea but that would mean selling off cheaply and top be honest they are top condition but I want this problem sorted before the problem arises if you know what I mean... hmmmm
All my customers want Shellac toes... no one ever dreams of nail polish once you tell them it lasts 4-6 weeks ... so that wouldnt work for me but I do think something like a mani and polish special price combo would work...
thanks
guys

Cxx

A pot of clear mani q is not expensive, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. I love shellac and still think its the best. I just feel the mani q offers another choice, I offer it to the few clients that don't get on with shellac, also using it just clear over bitten damaged nails gives them a good boost of growth:wink2:

A pot of clear mani q is not expensive, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. I love shellac and still think its the best. I just feel the mani q offers another choice, I offer it to the few clients that don't get on with shellac, also using it just clear over bitten damaged nails gives them a good boost of growth:wink2:

Does the Mani q soak off easily?

Yes, soaks of the same way you soak of shellac.:cool:

I have this problem I resorted to selling my polishes for £5 n there still not bloody budging!! Afew have sold but that's about it! Hmm maybr try geekbay and sell them on!

But even if you sell them cheaper your still geting what u payed plus 1 or 2 pounds extra! So really your not loosing any money your just not getting as much profit! Even if you do an offer and get £2/3 off a bottle of nail polish with ever mani! Your still getin the money for the mani but just not as much profit for the polishes. If you want rid the best thing to do would put them on offer. And then when you do the offer mani you can tell them about Shellac and they will prob come back for that so you've got a returning client money from the mani but just not full profit from the nail polish! Hmm doesn't sound to bad to me =) xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back