Shellac vs "Not" Shellac - mini rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

There is masses of information here on salon geek in the tutorials and articles section ... and on CND.com You can use anything from those sources ... do some research. It's all been done for you.

Couldn't there be any way that you could get on the salon finder by the amount you spend? It seems mad that someone could spend £10 every 2 months and get on the salon finder whilst people who like to bulk buy, could spend £1000 every 6 months and they wouldn't be registered.

How about this then??? So funny. Who do you think sent me this??? lol

picture.php

LOL Love that cat

Thank you for an insight to the criteria required to be registered on the Shellac Salon Finder Geeg.

My dilema, as other techs have pointed out is purchasing Shellac products every 60 days. I fully understand and appreciate S2 cannot a commode every individual, and I personally think this is the fair and right way.

So here is my dilema.

I am currently setting up my business from scratch after a fair break from th industry due to a number of significant life changing experiences (the only positive one being the birth of my daughter). During this time the industry has obviously moved on. My plan is to update my training with CND and I am booked on the Brisa Lite course in May.

Now, when it comes to Shellac I can't buy the products until I've booked the training (quite right, wouldn't consider not doing it). I was planning on buying the Love Shellac package (out of stock at the mo) as this makes the most business sense, financially as well as commercially in that I would have a good range of colours for my clients to choose from. However, as I only have a handful of potential clients I realistically would not need to purchase again for a while.

So, do I book the course a d buy a smaller kit in the hope of staying on salon finder and attract more clients, or go ahead with the larger kit and rely on my own marketing?

This is a genuine request for people thoughts, not a "throw a spanner in the mix" comment.

Thanks

As above! Only got my iPhone at the mo do please bear with me :)

Buying the larger package makes good business sense if you have the clientele. If you don't then I personally would start small and order more frequently to begin with and take advantage of the marketing The loveshellac.com site will do for you as well as your own efforts. HTH x. And good luck.

Thank you for your advice Geeg x

Latest posts

Back