Shellac white cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I did a French shellac on Monday & the client text me yesterday to say that the White only was cracking, I have done 4 or 5 French with no problems. I,ll be seeing them on Saturday to replace if necessary but can anyone tell me why this has happened? I used same products as usual & she says she hasnt done anything different

Just a guess as Ive had this happen a couple of times to me with clients.

1st time client A said it had cracked. Turned out it has wrinkled meaning I had done it a little thick.

Client B said the same as client A. When she came in it was still on her nails but I could see hair line crack through most of her white tips! After re-applying she let slip at the end of her appointment she has soaked them in bleach as they had also yellowed (from her server tobacco smoking).

I'm not saying your client has done what my last did, but maybe she didn't use gloves at some point and a chemical has messed with the Shellac.

Failing all that maybe check your bulbs on your CND lamp?

Only my suggestions, tbh I've been using it since launch and haven't had any problems with the Shellac itself when shaken really well just hiccups with clients. Hths :hug:

Latest posts

Back