Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynshaw

Reaction score
I have looked at the gel polishes for a while, and did my homework , with all the supplies, eventually deciding to go with CND Shellac, to be honest they were the most helpful on the phone! i bought two colours to start with liked it so bought two more colours loved it! so bought 3more colours loving it and even i still hold my breath and am in awe when after d sperse it doesnt take the colour or shine away brillian, my customers love it, ive now ordered the white and pink to do a french with it, can anyone talk me through please.
Thank you

It's amazing, isn't it? Have you tried layering yet? If and when you do, you'll be truly blown away at just how amazing Shellac really is!

Ok as well as requesting talking me through french with Shellace, tell me about layering!!! just read it on here and have absolutely no idea tell me tell me x

Oh my...it's a whole new world. In this pic, I simply put Iced Coral over Black Pool and this beautiful green emerged. And that's just one of the beautiful colors.

gr8nailz-albums-shellac-picture37835-another-view.jpg

Fingernailfixer, on this site, has a list of all the color combinations she's come up with as well as quite a few pics of the color combos. They're amazing. I love the one above along with, Rock Royalty and Iced Coral (another beautiful green) and Black Pool and Negligee (navy blue)...the list goes on and on!

Wow..This is fabulous!!! It looks as though you have to do something apart from putting one coat over the other - did you use a special tool to make the colour fade like that and did you only go over half of the nail????

Just had my training it was great.... just saving up for the kit now lol x:cry:
I WANT TO DO IT NOW.... impatient i know.

Wow..This is fabulous!!! It looks as though you have to do something apart from putting one coat over the other - did you use a special tool to make the colour fade like that and did you only go over half of the nail????

Just had my training it was great.... just saving up for the kit now lol x:cry:
I WANT TO DO IT NOW.... impatient i know.

They were gorgeous right after I did them, but this pic was taken about a week later. It's really simple. You do your first coat of Black Pool per protocol. The 2nd coat of Black Pool you flash cure for 10 seconds. Working ONE NAIL AT A TIME, apply Iced Coral to the bottom portion of the nail. With the polish still wet, use a very thin nail art brush to "pull" the polish upward to create the flares. Flash cure if you'd like. After you complete one hand, cure for the required 2 minutes then finish off with top coat. Ta-dah.

Thanks for this geeg!!! I cant access at the moment as my flash player is playing up (sooooooo frustrated) - will have a cheeky look at work tomorrow...(ssh dont tell anyone, lol x)

P.S Thanks once again for your help and you too gr8nailz as always indebted to all your experience!! x

Really helpful videos, but I reckon that lady has nail beds that are at least twice as long as mine! I'm jealous!!

You are quite simply amazing gr8nailz!!! Thanks for the step by step... xx

I have to be honest, this is nothing compared to what you'll find other nail professionals doing with Shellac. Join the Shellac group and you'll see amazing things there. Talk about inspiration....

Have you tried looking at the Shellac Lovers group on here? There are lots of details about layering and plenty of pictures with what was used.

Salon Geek - Shellac Lovers

I'm pretty sure you will be able to find a lovely French and find out the application process for it.

Credit where credit is due... you're gr8 and soooooo willing to give your ideas away so freely, including the step by step.. THANK YOU

Loving this advice and support - thanks Claire

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG just had a look at that thread - how amazing is that...sooooooooooo excited.com lol xx THANKS EVERYONE xx

OMG just had a look at that thread - how amazing is that...sooooooooooo excited.com lol xx THANKS EVERYONE xx

Told ya' you'd like it. :wink2:

I bloody can't wait to get into Shellac... I'm having to stop myself from buying the kit so i can finish the CND course first.... trying not to run before i can walk! If i start looking at all the Nail Art with Shellac thread i'll be away...............and no one will be able to catch me...

I feel like a kid at Christmas since starting the CND course 3 days ago! Please some one calm me down... I know i have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnggggg way to go yet!

Latest posts

Back