Shocked at what was said at Olympia Beauty today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
Can I just say thanks to everyone on here last night that posted about the que on the CND stand as we went straight over to it this morning and had about 2 people infront of us. About an hour later there was a huge que so thank u :)

Myself and two other girls went today and got our new Shellac colours! :biggrin:
We went past the Jessica stand and as a few clients have had a little moan to me and my friend who I work with about how they didn't like Geleration I wanted to see what it was like so my friend was going to have a demo. (May I just say we have no intention to change I was just interested in the difference) The nail tech there was really slating Shellac and it really shocked and annoyed me :mad:

I don't know if it was just me being bias but she was saying alot of untrue information towards shellac. To be honest when I was watching her prep I wasn't too impressed!!
(I did just write a whole thread explaining what she said but it all disappeared off my laptop so I'm not writing it all out again lol).

I don't see why she had to be so negative and completely lie basically. I wanted to go and tell her she was wrong! I'd never do that!

My friend didn't get her demo, we were both too anoyed lol!

Sounds rather daft. Nobody buys a produst because a saleperson slags off the competition!. People buy because a salesperson says how great THEIR product is! No wonder it put you off.

But on the up side, you as a consumer were disgusted by it.
Its not a professional attitude and if they are confident in their own product then there will be no need to bash others... many professionals with half a brain wont take notice and will no doubt see it for what it is.

Unprofessional and puts you off buying her product even more...shame x

It seems that the new 'generation' of people in the nail business seem to try to attract people to them by making derrogatory remarks about other products. As if that is not obvious as to why they are doing it!!

I'm sure my friend and colleague (though rival lol) Susan Gerrard would be appalled to hear that one of her demonstrators was talking like that. I've heard the same about other brand demonstrators too ,,, you would never hear a CND Ambassador saying anything negative about another product. In fact .. Susan Gerrard whoi has been a friendly rival for many many years actually went over to the CND stand and told Samantha and Samuel that she was so proud of them for the job they are doing, sent me and Simon her's and Ian's love and asked Ian why they were not retired and living in Spain like we were??? I did laugh when Samantha told nme that!!

So you see, you can be in business, have rivals, and still have respect for each other. I have a similar relationship with Lena White and her daughter and also Caroline & Ivor from Backscratchers. We all started out together in business at about the same time and I could walk up to any one of them and never think a thing about it; just be pleased to see them.

I'll finish there before I say to much about some of the tactics of others. lol

But on the up side, you as a consumer were disgusted by it.
Its not a professional attitude and if they are confident in their own product then there will be no need to bash others... many professionals with half a brain wont take notice and will no doubt see it for what it is.

Yes very true, I didn't look at it like that!

That's a horrible way to market a product. It's product mud-slinging and it's juvenile. When I see or hear it, it makes me think, "Hmmmm, YOUR product must suck because I don't hear you saying anything good about."

Shellac's rep stands alone and I think this type of sales ploy is because other products sales are hurting. Gelish is also kicking some significant ass in the gel polish market, so...whatever.

To my mind anyone who slags off another brand / product cannot be that confident that there's is better! I have worked for several companies at trade shows and always get asked about how our products compare to our competitors. I would never slate another product - I don't know enough about it, and I just talk about the benefits or why I use a certain product.

It seems that the new 'generation' of people in the nail business seem to try to attract people to them by making derrogatory remarks about other products. As if that is not obvious as to why they are doing it!!

I'm sure my friend and colleague (though rival lol) Susan Gerrard would be appalled to hear that one of her demonstrators was talking like that. I've heard the same about other brand demonstrators too ,,, you would never hear a CND Ambassador saying anything negative about another product. In fact .. Susan Gerrard whoi has been a friendly rival for many many years actually went over to the CND stand and told Samantha and Samuel that she was so proud of them for the job they are doing, sent me and Simon her's and Ian's love and asked Ian why they were not retired and living in Spain like we were??? I did laugh when Samantha told nme that!!

So you see, you can be in business, have rivals, and still have respect for each other. I have a similar relationship with Lena White and her daughter and also Caroline & Ivor from Backscratchers. We all started out together in business at about the same time and I could walk up to any one of them and never think a thing about it; just be pleased to see them.

I'll finish there before I say to much about some of the tactics of others. lol

Lol! I feel less anoyed reading that, thank you. Glad to hear Susan Gerrard would be appalled (well not glad but I think you know what I mean!) See why can't we all be like yourself and your friends/colleagues?!

Um I have experienced something similar too, I think its such an unprofessional way to try and sell your product by slagging the opposition off, there really is no need!

To my mind anyone who slags off another brand / product cannot be that confident that there's is better! I have worked for several companies at trade shows and always get asked about how our products compare to our competitors. I would never slate another product - I don't know enough about it, and I just talk about the benefits or why I use a certain product.

Exactly, I'd never say anything negative about other brands I don't use, or about other therapists/techs. Its so unprofessional!

If someone talked to me in a negative way about another product, the first thing I would do is march over to the booth and have a look at what they were so scared of that would make them 'bad mouth' it!! Lol

If someone talked to me in a negative way about another product, the first thing I would do is march over to the booth and have a look at what they were so scared of that would make them 'bad mouth' it!! Lol

Yes i agree! Lol i hope the girl she was talking to about it did!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

So True,
You should never SLAG off any other brand, there is a space in the industry for everyone if we didn't have rivalry we wouldn't ever have Competition, and be MADE to be better, it's healthy.
What isn't healthy is the bad mouthing some companies are involved with, like what has been said it is Soooooo unprofessional and no one will thank or respect you for it.

I have always adopted this way of Business and Education, and I say the same to students NEVER slate other brands or salons just EDUCATE and give FACTS on how GREAT yours is and let that speak for itself :)

Xx

sounds like the sales talk of a nervous newbie who is either babbling or hasn't been trained on how to sell :(

I had the exact same comments from a rep on the gelish stand, she said she had a whole load of shellac in her salon that she would sell to me because she would be glad to get rid of it, I was quite put off as she wasn't even paying attention when I asked her questions, one of the other reps came over and was whispering in her ear while I was trying to talk to her and then kept saying that she thought the girl in front was stealing when clearly she had a Opi bag that she was putting into her suitcase, I left that stand after that totally put off!

sounds like the sales talk of a nervous newbie who is either babbling or hasn't been trained on how to sell :(

In that case they should not be working at a show booth where what they say reflects on the company they represent.

Kind thought, but I do not think you need to defend. Unfortunately these types of dirty tactics have been employed by many. I wouldn't worry. Most people can see right through it and it gets them nowhere. Just makes them look desperate and jealous!

Also they are going against professional ethics and standards

"thou should not diss another therapist or competitor"

Latest posts

Back