Short time between infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathybaby7

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm really confused as to how this is possible but I was juts wondering whether anyone has been in a similar situation.

I do sculptured acrylic with NSI and I have one lady that had her nails done 6 days ago and is saying she wants an infill. Surely this is far too soon. I haven't yet seen the nails so maybe she is being too fussy but is this possible to have such a short time between infills??

Hi,

I'm really confused as to how this is possible but I was juts wondering whether anyone has been in a similar situation.

I do sculptured acrylic with NSI and I have one lady that had her nails done 6 days ago and is saying she wants an infill. Surely this is far too soon. I haven't yet seen the nails so maybe she is being too fussy but is this possible to have such a short time between infills??

I'm confused as to why it is not possible?

No I only mean by not impossible that surely nail enhancements cant grow out that quickly can they?

No I only mean by not impossible that surely nail enhancements cant grow out that quickly can they?

She may be been fussy but then again she may be on medication that makes them grow faster,
or have an overactive thyroid,
i have an elderly lady who is on strong calcium meds and it is unbelievable how much her nails have grown when she comes back,
just assess them when she comes in hun and if they have grown lots try to find out why,
has she recently stopped been a nail biter, these nails grow quicker than others, hth :hug:

I have a few clients with fast nail growth - by 2 weeks their nails are way beyond infill stage, the natural free edge clearly visible below the white etc.
Not a good look!

You'll find some clients with fast nail growth will request that you place the whites further down their nail bed to stop their natural free edge showing through too soon....
Such an ugly look and not one I ever wanted to be known for :lol:....

So I started using coverage pinks and now they are happy as they are not able to see their natural free edge by the end of the first week and I'm happy because it allows me to still provide my clients with pretty nails. :green:

Strange you say that she is a friend and I know her family has a history of overactive thyroids!! Mite mention that to her, I know I shouldnt but I automatically take it as a knock at my work. I'll have a look at them tonight and see what I think. Its with her bein a friend I feel bad chargin her again!!!

Strange you say that she is a friend and I know her family has a history of overactive thyroids!! Mite mention that to her, I know I shouldnt but I automatically take it as a knock at my work. I'll have a look at them tonight and see what I think. Its with her bein a friend I feel bad chargin her again!!!

Don't feel bad charging her it will still take skill, time and product, all of which needs to be charged for,
its not your fault how quick someones nails grow :hug:

Ok now I'm with ya!

I was thinking that you meant that it wasn't physically possible to do the rebalance, I was quite confused as I couldn't for the life of me think of a reason lol :smack: I was beginning to think I was missing some vital info.

Sorry xx

It's business tho chick.
I personally charge everyone!.... 30% off for friends 80% off for family.

Might seem harsh, but I found I was spending so much of my time working on friends and family for nothing, that I didn't have enough time to fit in paying clients! Not a good way to do business :rolleyes:

You'll also find that f&f are your toughest customers as they are so familiar - they kind of don't listen! for example my cousin always manages to snap at least 1 of her tips off whilst I am working on the other hand. Does my head in! :lol: So I think I deserve the £7 that I charge her!.... 1. for the stress and 2. towards product.

Anyway, have a look at your lady tonight and find your solution. My advice is

If it looks to you like you have screwed up (lifting...), put it right, no charge.

If they are still perfect but simply growing out fast, then that is not down to you. I would explain and ask her what she would like you to do (with a charge, discounted or not is upto you)
Then try to get some cover powders in time for your next appointment with her.

I'm not sure if NSI do a range of cover powders? But I know that both CND & Entity have a beautiful cover powders - Warm, Pink, Neutral.

:hug:

thanks very much,

she has pic messaged me one hand and to me it looks like quick growth so I will go and have a chat with her. U r totally right about family and friends- my biggest moan is that they dont sit still properly when you are doing them because they are too busy watchin the tele etc making me hang off my chair tryin to do them!!!

thanks again girls

Latest posts

Back