Should I charge client tomorrow to redo Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
I had a new client last Friday for shellac and I really really stupidly forgot to use scrub fresh. On Tuesday she texted saying one had lifted and could she come in on Friday and have them redone. As she's a family friend I'd like to make sure she comes back again so I said of course.

Being that she has experienced lifting from her previous nail tech too, how likely is it her lifting was direct result of missing out scrub fresh and therefore my fault?

I did my own nails without scrub fresh after hers too just to see if mine would lift and they are still absolutely fine.

Should I be charging tomorrow or should I tell her I did something wrong and do them free?

Sorry for the long winded post, I'm still really new to this and this is first time I've had to deal with this kind of thing.

Xx

I wouldn't say you did something wrong. Just redo that nail that's come loose.
Up to you if you want to charge.

Laura xx

I personally wouldn't charge as it was only a couple of days after application that she experienced the lifting.

I've forgotten to use scrub fresh on my nails before and they were fine. Re the prev nail tech, you don't know if she was missing out steps which could be causing the previous lifting. Your client could be perfectly suited to shellac with the thought application.

As she's new and it happened soon after application, a part was missed and you know her, I wouldn't charge x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your responses. Really helpful x

I had a new client last Friday for shellac and I really really stupidly forgot to use scrub fresh. On Tuesday she texted saying one had lifted and could she come in on Friday and have them redone. As she's a family friend I'd like to make sure she comes back again so I said of course.

Being that she has experienced lifting from her previous nail tech too, how likely is it her lifting was direct result of missing out scrub fresh and therefore my fault?

I did my own nails without scrub fresh after hers too just to see if mine would lift and they are still absolutely fine.

Should I be charging tomorrow or should I tell her I did something wrong and do them free?

Sorry for the long winded post, I'm still really new to this and this is first time I've had to deal with this kind of thing.

Xx

I have never actually used scrub fresh and I've never had a problem.

She came this morning, it was only two that had chipped the rest where all fine so re did the two and booked her in for regular appointment next Friday. She offered to pay but I didn't charge her. She left very happy and even bought some solar oil.

She came this morning, it was only two that had chipped the rest where all fine so re did the two and booked her in for regular appointment next Friday. She offered to pay but I didn't charge her. She left very happy and even bought some solar oil.

Brilliant. I think you did the right thing. Now you have a new regular client!

Kindness often gets rewarded. Hopefully you now have a client who will return for a long while to come. And I bet she'll recommend you to her friends as well. Winner all round, I'd say. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back