Should I charge my bride more?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Good morning

I orginally quoted my client for her day wedding up do then at the trial she changed her mind about what she wanted which is fine, but now she wants a blow dry on the day and full head of clip in extensions curled and fitted.

So now on her wedding day she would like her hair blow dried curled, clip in extensions curled, her hair curled and then put up in an up do.

For the up do I have quoted Her orginally £60, before she changed her mind.

It's only her I'm doing and she turned up at the trial with wet hair (even though I asked her to wash it the night before) and didn't pay extra for the blow dry that I had to for her then.

What I would like to ask you geeks is, should I be charging her more for the additional additional services and if yes how much?

Thanks

I would yes. As it sets a precedence for future bookings.
Be professional and polite at all times and DO NOT apologise for your costs you are a trained hairdresser stylist and your time and skills are deserving of proper fees.

Def charge more as the price you quoted was based on different service agreement. This will take up more time as is more work as she now wants curly blow dry and hair and clip ins curled prior to hair up. You are talking at least another hour maybe longer?

Hi guys

Thank you for your replies!

It will be another Hour or so added on to her treatment time.

Still a bit pi33ed of with her that she turn up yesterday with wet hair and expected a blow dry and didn't feel she had to pay extra.

Feel a bit used lol

Def charge more as the price you quoted was based on different service agreement. This will take up more time as is more work as she now wants curly blow dry and hair and clip ins curled prior to hair up. You are talking at least another hour maybe longer?

She wants it blow dried straight and then curled with tongs!!!!

Definitley give her a new price based on what she is now requesting. You'll only be annoyed at yourself if you don't Clients will take advantage if we let them and like nailpod has said this will set a precedence for the future. If she wants it she will pay for it just like you would if the roles were reversed.[emoji4]

Sorry for the tough love but I've been giving myself some recently so thought I would share it around. Us self emplyed techs have to stay strong and value our time and our skills. Were worth it [emoji5]️[emoji106][emoji177][emoji136]

She wants it blow dried straight and then curled with tongs!!!!

Well whatever way she wants it you charge accordingly. Don't let her away with it or you are stuffed in future.

Just explain that you charges are worked out based on your time so you will need to add on an additional charge to cover the extra hour she now requires as otherwise you could be fitting in another client.

If she came for a cut and blow dry and then decided she wanted a full head of high lights you would charge her extra, this is exactly the same principle, she wants to add services on so you should charge her accordingly.

Thank you everyone for your advice

I spoke to her about the additional charge for the blow dry and she was unwilling to pay it so has gone back to her regular hairdresser as she doesn't ask her pay extra.

I'm not too bothered as im not willing to do extra services for free and my work is worth paying for.

Good for you. She is obviously one of those clients that always wants a freebie, you are better off without.

Unfortunately it's a sad case of people have expectations way beyond their budget (she even didn't want to pay for good quality human extensions either) or what their natural hair can achieve.

Also this what happens when stylists under cut or charge too less for their services, somewhere down the line it effects professionals like myself who charge for their services accordingly.

Latest posts

Back