Should I Join a Company?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Mornin' All! I have been approached by a company in my area to join their team of beauty therapists as a bridal make-up artist. The company have signed up with a local venue which caters for about 250 weddings a year and who are creating a package for brides to include make-up, pamper treatments etc...... I would have to take a cut in my charges as business will be sent my way and the only other thing I would have to agree to is the purchase of their uniform which is purple with no logos so could be used elsewhere.
As this is the first time I've been asked to do this and being new to the cosmetics industry, what are your experiences and suggestions please?

Mornin' All! I have been approached by a company in my area to join their team of beauty therapists as a bridal make-up artist. The company have signed up with a local venue which caters for about 250 weddings a year and who are creating a package for brides to include make-up, pamper treatments etc...... I would have to take a cut in my charges as business will be sent my way and the only other thing I would have to agree to is the purchase of their uniform which is purple with no logos so could be used elsewhere.
As this is the first time I've been asked to do this and being new to the cosmetics industry, what are your experiences and suggestions please?
I think this would be a fantastic oportunity to gain experience in the make-up, beauty industry.
if your passion lies with this line of work then go for it.Also as they do so many weddings a year you will be bombarded with work(everyone wants this,dont they:) )
You will be oozing in confidence in no time.Good luck:hug:

this is an opportunity not to be missed if you ask me!!

Sounds like a brilliant opportunity. Do you have any initial outlay costs?

Tracey I think this a very good idea. Providing that the initial outlay costs (if any) are not too high.

I think that nail enhancements has not worked out for you-this could really be a great earner. 250 weddings a year??!! Excellent....as said you will be overloaded with clients.

Sounds like a brilliant opportunity. Do you have any initial outlay costs?
Chris, I need to dig a little deeper in terms of info, but from what I was told, I only need to reconsider my charges for trial and wedding day etc as they are sending me the business and for me to also pay for a non descript uniform.

Tracey I think this a very good idea. Providing that the initial outlay costs (if any) are not too high.

I think that nail enhancements has not worked out for you-this could really be a great earner. 250 weddings a year??!! Excellent....as said you will be overloaded with clients.
Apparently no initial outlay other than what I have already said, but I get the business.

If there is no initial outlay then I would go for it.....what have you got to loose? Sounds like a great opportunity and a great basis for gaining experience! :hug: xxx

It sounds good, I would also find out how many other therapists work for them to ? If there are quite a few ask if there will be a rota system of some kind to ensure the work is offered fairly and not just to the first therapist in the phonebook :wink2:

i would wonder how many of the brides booking their weddings with them would actually use this service, it sounds good but maybe see how many have picked up the service first.

i would wonder how many of the brides booking their weddings with them would actually use this service, it sounds good but maybe see how many have picked up the service first.

I agree, see what the take up rate on the service is if you can. As long as you can continue to work in your own right at the same time and the take up rate isn't too low I'd go for it:hug:

Thank you for your replies and all your comments have been taken on board. I really appreciate it. I'm going to look into it further but it looks good. xx

Latest posts

Back