Should I just concentrate on Shellac French manis? Can I see yours with nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
still not getting the clients through the door for shellac, the only bookings i took last year was for french and glitter toes shellac, after investing in all the colours (1st lot and few from 2nd collection) i literally took 3 colour bookings all for rock royalty :0

im now thinking of just plugging the french and perhaps adding some interest with a little glitter nail art or gems, nothing ott but perhaps getting a name for myself locally for lovely french manicures and perhaps glitter toes in the summer

im thinking of just selling off my coloured shellacs as they're just sitting on my shelf gathering dust, id rather invest in some more shellac suitable for french and perhaps some crystals and nail art stuff

would love to see your french manis and pedis and how you make them slightly different, also can i ask what you charge and is there a demand for the swarovski pedis or has that now passed ?

thank you x

It took me a while to get interest in my Shellac, it was especially frustrating as I was asked for it loads before! In the end what I found cracked it for me was wearing Shellac myself and posting every picture of my nails on Facebook, then the bookings came flooding in! My profile pic got 7 bookings on its own without anyone seeing the nails in person, plus I took it on my phone in the bathroom, wasnt even trying! Good Luck :Love:

Last edited:
I definitely find wearing different shellac colours catches clients attention. I find clients come to get what they ate looking for and the next time I see them they always say I want the colour you were wearing the last time ;) here's a quick photo I took of some French nail art I was messing around with in shellac x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326137110.683439.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326137110.683439.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 415
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326137125.388008.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326137125.388008.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 502
thank you both for your replies, love the nail art are they gems - how did you attach them?

Heres mine. Shellac Decadence with foils:) I also find if you are wearing it yourself then what a better way to advertise it. One of my most popular shades this Christmas was Asphalt with multi colored glitter.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,277
Last edited:
I only introduced Shellac on December 19th but most of my business since has been Shellac!

I've been wearing it but with a little twist. I always do something different on my ring finger. Something completely different so it's more obvious and people comment on it. Then I'm free to give them my speech on it :D

I rent a room above a hairdressers and 2 out of the 3 stylists are wearing my Shellac. I post pictures on Facebook of every Shellac mani or pedi I do.

Here's my current set (purple) and my previous set (red)
Rhiannon x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326323730.414573.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326323730.414573.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 761
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326323764.946430.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326323764.946430.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 455

Latest posts

Back