Should I look into childcare?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreyaBeauty

Reaction score
Hi
I am working in the evenings doing beauty work from home! At the moment I can only do 3 evenings a week while I fit around my partner being at home!
Problem is I have a 19 month old daughter and full time mum, I am really busy the next few weeks and have a new client who wants to book in but I can't actually if her in?!
Is it time I looked into childcare or is this just a busy time of the year?
Problem is I don't want to put her in childcare and then not have the clients, which would result in me having to pay childcare costs and not earn the money to cover it?

Hum I hope that made sense lol!
X

I would say you can't turn clients away, they will go somewhere else and they are then lost to you!!

Jacqui xx

My opinion is that if you can really afford to, do not take any more work that will interfere too much with your family and especially your baby.Work can wait but the time with your daughter will go very fast and you can never get it back.
You will also find that there are always other clients to take ones lost so when the time is right you can start to once again build on your business.

My opinion is that if you can really afford to, do not take any more work that will interfere too much with your family and especially your baby.Work can wait but the time with your daughter will go very fast and you can never get it back.
You will also find that there are always other clients to take ones lost so when the time is right you can start to once again build on your business.

Thank you this is very true, they are only babies once and that's why I've had the last two yrs off!
My partner earns good money and my money is a bonus! I am very lucky to be in the situation to have options!
Thanks for your comment x

I would say you can't turn clients away, they will go somewhere else and they are then lost to you!!

Jacqui xx

Thanks jacqui you've made a great point! Just about the pros and cons I guess ; ) thanks for comment x

I just did a search and found this. I am in the same position, sort of! My 18 month old is starting nursery couple of afternoons a week in september, but only 2 and a half hours though each session, so I am considering making his hours a bit longer so I can actually do some nails. I'm in the same position, my money's extra as my husband is the earner. For me though it's not so much the money but the guilt! I have no problem him going to nursery whilst I'm working but feel bad if I have no clients and he's in nursery! I have said though if this does happen I would go to the gym so I'm not wasting time! I also have 3 other children but they are at school/ nursery.

Sorry I have been no help! Thinking out loud. Have you made any decisions?

Why not find a babysitter? They are normally happy to be flexible. The younger ones/students will be happy to be on a slightly lower rate if money would be an issue for you.
Why not start looking and find someone you trust? That way you can book your babysitter when you have clients booked in.

I just did a search and found this. I am in the same position, sort of! My 18 month old is starting nursery couple of afternoons a week in september, but only 2 and a half hours though each session, so I am considering making his hours a bit longer so I can actually do some nails. I'm in the same position, my money's extra as my husband is the earner. For me though it's not so much the money but the guilt! I have no problem him going to nursery whilst I'm working but feel bad if I have no clients and he's in nursery! I have said though if this does happen I would go to the gym so I'm not wasting time! I also have 3 other children but they are at school/ nursery.

Sorry I have been no help! Thinking out loud. Have you made any decisions?

hey honey you've nothing to feel guilty about if you extend hours for litte one at nursery but have no clients. In the future you may have clients in that time. Also nothing wrong with having a bit of me time until that time comes. None of the above makes you a bad mummy.
I used to work in a nursery and if you find a good one for your little one they are great places for kids to play learn and make new friends. I worked with the babies was the room supervisor and we used to have a blast with the kiddies and they ranged from five months to two years old. My little man who was three at the time no brothers or sisters started nursery when i started work there and he developed so well and saw a really positive change in his personality and progression.
I say go for it! If it doesn't work out then you can re think but don't feel guilty hun. More availability for your clients means more potential money. I know you say your money is extra but your business must still be important to you.

Good luck ladies hope i didn't stray to far from the post there but i just want people to understand putting your bubba's in child care doesn't make you a bad mummy :) furthering your business or just having a bit of me time is no reason to feel bad.

love n hugs

Why not find a babysitter? They are normally happy to be flexible. The younger ones/students will be happy to be on a slightly lower rate if money would be an issue for you.
Why not start looking and find someone you trust? That way you can book your babysitter when you have clients booked in.

I agree, I would say this way you get the best of both worlds. Maybe work a couple of hours here and there whilst a babysitter keeps an eye on your child and as soon as you have finished you are right there!
Even better if you can time clients whilst your little one is sleeping

I am just working evenings at the mo! On the other side of making my mind up, my clients work full time and can only do evenings or Saturdays!

Plus my daughter will only be this age once and when she is at school id have less time with her anyway! So I am going to enjoy the time I have now! I have the rest of my life to work my little butt off! Lol xx

My son was 4 when I returned to beauty and like you a lot of my clients were in the evenings. The point you make about your daughter starting school and seeing her less in the evenings wiill become an issue. With myself it became difficult to do this without upsetting the family and my son's bedtime. So I started to rearrange my working schedule. Some clients working f/t can work from home or come at lunchtimes or straight after work. I have now built up a good daytime clientele and only work up to 6.30 on a few days a week. My son is now older and it works a lot better.

Latest posts

Back