Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not 100% happy with my volume sets. I find outer corner ones so tricky!! :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1406757229814.jpg
    1406757229814.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 369
Any feedback appreciated. Hoping to move on from the odour free glue to the faster drying but would appreciate thoughts on this set please! Thanks xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406843458.476698.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406843473.626256.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845790.148067.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845799.557769.jpg

My 8th set using tape was so much better keeping the lashes getting stuck, and no gooe oouzing out from pads x

View attachment 71721View attachment 71722

My 8th set using tape was so much better keeping the lashes getting stuck, and no gooe oouzing out from pads x

The tape looks too close to the eyes, which can be uncomfortable for the client. The lashes looks good. Keep practising and soon you will be flying. :p

Any feedback appreciated. Hoping to move on from the odour free glue to the faster drying but would appreciate thoughts on this set please! Thanks xx View attachment 71713View attachment 71714

Lashes looks a bit stuck together. Make sure you brush them and remove any stickies. When applying a set, try to put lashes methodically and even on the whole of the lash line. At the minute they look a bit clumped together. Look at Eyelash Extensions in Kent videos on YouTube and you will understand what I mean with methodical. Practice makes perfect! :)

Who thinks applying tape to the lower lashes is good and who thinks it's better to use just pads? Or pads and then tape the pads in place?

Second question- anyone have any photos of before/after using L shape lash for clients with slanted down lashes? I'm assuming to apply you need to slightly lift the lashes up?

Thank you!

Where has everyone trained for the volume lashes?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Who thinks applying tape to the lower lashes is good and who thinks it's better to use just pads? Or pads and then tape the pads in place?

Second question- anyone have any photos of before/after using L shape lash for clients with slanted down lashes? I'm assuming to apply you need to slightly lift the lashes up?

Thank you!

If you're using good quality pads and your client has long lower lashes, then they should be ok. I've always used in the past the micropore tape 1st then pads
Hth x

If you're using good quality pads and your client has long lower lashes, then they should be ok. I've always used in the past the micropore tape 1st then pads
Hth x

Thank you. So you do like to tape first. I worry about the tape hurting that very sensitive skin there- yes you remove the sticky initially but still I worry! Thanks again for the input x

Thank you. So you do like to tape first. I worry about the tape hurting that very sensitive skin there- yes you remove the sticky initially but still I worry! Thanks again for the input x

I detest tape, firstly it's not good for the delicate eye area and if you apply under the eye it can slip up and cut into the clients eye

Remember the thin edge on tape can be quite severe on the eye like a paper cut if it was ever to slip up.

It will pull at the eye when removing too

Like rubytunes says / if you get a good fitting pad that is all you need and more comfortable for the client

Hey everyone. This is my first set for one of my case studies. Please feel free to give me any tips/pointers. Will take all comments on board :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406986183.148799.jpg

Sorry. Realise pics aren't that clear. Here's some more from same evening. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406986726.733875.jpg

Hi girls I've been lashing for about 5 months now and I LOVE it! My work isnt perfect just yet but please any pointers are welcome xxx

Attachments

• 20140802_170308.jpg
    20140802_170308.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 20140730_143857.jpg
    20140730_143857.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 322
Now I use Microfoam tape for the same reasons as LieLash. Using pads alone is tricky when the client has shorter or curly lower lashes that are too strong for pads.
It's sticky and has a great hold, doesn't move but kind to the skin.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407008022076.jpg
    1407008022076.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 1407008047943.jpg
    1407008047943.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 337
Just trained in Russian volume and just completed my first set on my mum. This is only one hour on each eye as her back was getting uncomfortable. Just wish I could bulk out faster. Any tips?? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407100199.288406.jpg

Hi girls I've been lashing for about 5 months now and I LOVE it! My work isnt perfect just yet but please any pointers are welcome xxx

Get yourself a quality lamp, it really does help to speed things up (especially during isolation) and helps you get more lashes on because you can see better. Check back on your work for stickies, the products you use and your own style of lashing need to match up so if you can then have a play around with different tweezers, adhesives and set-ups to see if you prefer other things to what you're currently using... Like for me I prefer a slightly curved (and very sharp) tweezer to isolate, lash palette of strips on my hand, and fast adhesive in a glue ring on my thumb etc. and before I tried out those things I was very slow at lashing and always got a few stickies/wonky extensions xx

Latest posts

Back