Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0.20 12mm

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

For slanted lashes/pointed down as the edge, do you think I should use L for the majority and mix in a J maybe? I originally thought a B but it's hard to know because the L is technically straight up but will look slightly curled . I'm a little worried about this set!

Would you apply the L shape under the lash or on top? I'm worried when my client opens the lashes will be wonky 😱 can you imagine! Feeling awful today! There's a first client for everything and she is my first slant!

Last night used J curl lashes mixture of 9's, 10s and 11s. Any feedback would be great! X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407317140.396096.jpg

loving my work now . plz giv opinions n suggestions xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407317666084.jpg
    1407317666084.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 276
and this as wellx

Attachments

• 1407317729770.jpg
    1407317729770.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 254
Now I use Microfoam tape for the same reasons as LieLash. Using pads alone is tricky when the client has shorter or curly lower lashes that are too strong for pads.
It's sticky and has a great hold, doesn't move but kind to the skin.

Dear Rubytues,
I have stopped using pads since I had several clients react to them and they slide down sometimes. I'm currently using micropore tape but de-tacking them a bit first. Can I please ask where do you buy microfoam tape? I used it once recently on my training course for volume lashes and it works well. I would like to buy it.

thank you

Dear Rubytues,
I have stopped using pads since I had several clients react to them and they slide down sometimes. I'm currently using micropore tape but de-tacking them a bit first. Can I please ask where do you buy microfoam tape? I used it once recently on my training course for volume lashes and it works well. I would like to buy it.

thank you

I buy them in 5cm thickness and trim the shape to fit, online from http://www.nu-careproducts.co.uk/tapes.htm#microfoam
Hth x

My friend did these for me yesterday, love them x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407584007208.jpg
    1407584007208.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 258
7th set of SP lashes ... Really struggled with the corners, the seemed really sunken in the eye (if that makes sense)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407607705.363565.jpg

7th set of SP lashes ... Really struggled with the corners, the seemed really sunken in the eye (if that makes sense)

View attachment 72415

i had a same client n could not figure out how to play with corners .. but somehow i managed to do it but failed to isolate each lash .
any 1 had ths problem and got a solution plz ??

Does anyone know of any up and coming lash competitions? Uk based?

Lisa 😃

Just seen a video that says putting damp cotton pads below the pads helps with adhesion.
I'm sure I saw somewhere that moisture is the air helps to dry the glue completely so would this be a good thing to try? Is their any truth In it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Forgot to post the pic..

Attachments

• 1407663742259.jpg
    1407663742259.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 276
Just seen a video that says putting damp cotton pads below the pads helps with adhesion.
I'm sure I saw somewhere that moisture is the air helps to dry the glue completely so would this be a good thing to try? Is their any truth In it?

Hi, yes there is truth in this trick. All adhesives require moisture to cure which is why clients eyes can sting once opening their eyes. The adhesive is drawing moisture from the eyes to cure.

You can either place damp cotton pads on the clients cheeks or you can use a nano mister after application, an ultra fine mist of water is emitted from the nano mister, NOT getting the lashes wet, this cures the adhesive immediately allowing your clients to forego the usual 2 hours of not getting them wet.

Hope that helps xx

I've had a lady have a set of lashes on and went to America for a week with work, when she got back she said lots had fallen out and could she have an infill. It's only my third infill and I've done 7 full sets of lashes so far, when she came back the glue looked like it had clumped together. But it wasn't like this when she left, can humidity do this? Is it something I've down being a newbie or something she has done? Any advice or help is greatly received xx

Fresh full set
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407707488.534761.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407707496.419356.jpg

Before and after infill
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407707543.189223.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407707549.900103.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407707563.207537.jpg

This is my first ever set after my traning.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 261
WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR LASHING SKILLS?
( I hope this is ok to post if not please remove )

Hi ladies
I have recently set up a Facebook page
LASH TECH TUTORIALS - my aim is to help lash techs of all abilities from all over the world to improve and to help increase the standard of our industry

Up until now I've posted things on here, on my Facebook page and YouTube videos to help others and the response over the months has been very positive

Eyelash extensions in kent
( Facebook And YouTube)

So I had this idea presented to me of setting up a private Facebook group for serious lash techs only that want to be the best they can

The benefit of this group is being able to share knowledge, hints tips and lashing tutorials knowing that they won't fall into the wrong hands of therapists that want to bypass good training by watching videos only, and then calling themself a lash tech and bringing our industry standard down.

So far this group is going well and has had some really good feedback

I think salon geek is a great site for sharing loads of info but it doesn't allow tutorials etc uploaded - something that I do on the forum and we have the ability to interact on posts

There is an annual fee for this group - full details on my Facebook Page so head over for details if you think that this group may help you.

Frankie

Ah that's a shame. I'm not actually on Facebook otherwise i'd have definitely joined ( although still undergoing training so nowhere in the same league as yourself and others out there :) )

Sounds like a great idea though. I wish you well 😃

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good fast drying sensitive glue.

I have been using beauty revolution but they are discontinuing it????

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back