Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I've said this before but I was told on training to give myself a maximum of 2hrs each time I did a set. Slowly, the number of lashes have increased and my sets look much better. Now I reduce the time so spend between 1.5 hrs and 1.75 hours. Slowly I'll hopefully improve and knock off a few more minutes per set. I don't think you can ever be at 45 minutes unless you do them non stop all day every day. It's just too fidly! x

I'm sure I've said this before but I was told on training to give myself a maximum of 2hrs each time I did a set. Slowly, the number of lashes have increased and my sets look much better. Now I reduce the time so spend between 1.5 hrs and 1.75 hours. Slowly I'll hopefully improve and knock off a few more minutes per set. I don't think you can ever be at 45 minutes unless you do them non stop all day every day. It's just too fidly! x

Never thought I'd do them in an hour considering my first sets took me 4 hours +! I do sets now within 90 minutes (unless I have to remove lashes, remove make up, etc.) And some clients I can do in just under 60 minutes. I would love to get to the level where no matter what I will only need 90 min slots to allow clearing away time, and all.

45 minutes - ahhh I will let you know when I will get there myself! Although I'm a slow worker & like to take my time at things... :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Jurate you're an amazing lasher already. I really don't believe that speeding up services is necessarily better anyway overall. Some people like coming for 90 mins for a kip, I know I do! Lol x

Hi Angelina
did my express lash training today, when you say 50-60 do you mean per eye or in total, I asked on the course but didn't get a clear answer x

I meant 50-60 per eye.

I totally agree with this, I am a fast lasher, and yes, when I need to, I can do a full set of approx 80/90 lpe in 45 mins, BUT, I want the experience for the client to be one of pleasure, not to feel like they have been rushed in and rushed out. That's why I say, better to do a good set of lashes than a fast set of lashes xx speed isn't everything x

Here some lashes I did today using b curve .20 8,10,13,14 sorry about all the attachments. Customers were v happy indeed :)
Before
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350578300.610571.jpg
After
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350578329.231905.jpg

Before
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350578354.927184.jpg
After
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350578381.914385.jpg

Last nights set .. C curl 0.2 10,12 & 14's

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350649523.814578.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350649523.814578.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 263
I totally agree with this, I am a fast lasher, and yes, when I need to, I can do a full set of approx 80/90 lpe in 45 mins, BUT, I want the experience for the client to be one of pleasure, not to feel like they have been rushed in and rushed out. That's why I say, better to do a good set of lashes than a fast set of lashes xx speed isn't everything x

That's 2 lashes per minute! Do you work any differently when you want this kind of speed? I was trained to lash one lash on the left, one on the right etc etc, I now do 5-10 per eye before changing sides which speeds things up a little. I'd love to see your set up and how you work. I know speed isn't everything but it would be good to have it when you need it ;-)

How long before infills. Mine are only lasting 12-14 days :(. What could I be doing wrong?

How long before infills. Mine are only lasting 12-14 days :(. What could I be doing wrong?

I allow 2-3 weeks, most go 3 weeks.
It could be Anything from the adhesive, client after care, application and or the amount of lashes applied x

That's 2 lashes per minute! Do you work any differently when you want this kind of speed? I was trained to lash one lash on the left, one on the right etc etc, I now do 5-10 per eye before changing sides which speeds things up a little. I'd love to see your set up and how you work. I know speed isn't everything but it would be good to have it when you need it ;-)

I do provide mentoring sessions but you're a bit far away from Essex I'm afraid.

I lash all day every day so you could say you naturally pick up speed, but essentially yes, approx 4 on one eye, move to the other and then back again. I use tray lashes and glue ring, all I believe help with speed. You can see my lashes on my Facebook page Blinkin Gorgeous.

I'm using beauty revolution glue. I use primer and try and put as much as I can. I advise my clients to brush them everyday. Is this a bad advice? X

I'm using beauty revolution glue. I use primer and try and put as much as I can. I advise my clients to brush them everyday. Is this a bad advice? X

No this is good advice, but show your clients how to brush their lashes, ie, support lashes with a finger or on cheek bones, brush from above whilst curling lashes. Do not brush straight down as this can compromise the curl.

Lash revolution glue is excellent and their should be no staying power problems with this glue xx

I will have another go with the glue ring as I'm sure using a stone is my biggest speed killer but found it tricky will have another go! Thank you xx

Most of my clients come for infills every 4-5 weeks, some last even longer (I did one girl mid august and she would only need an infill about now and that's nearly 3 months! But I have to say she has x2 as many lashes as average person), there are a few that come every 3 week's and very odd one every 2 weeks, but they could last longer, its just they want to come this way...

Most of my clients come for infills every 4-5 weeks, some last even longer (I did one girl mid august and she would only need an infill about now and that's nearly 3 months! But I have to say she has x2 as many lashes as average person), there are a few that come every 3 week's and very odd one every 2 weeks, but they could last longer, its just they want to come this way...

I'm def doing something wrong then. Could you please talk me trough your procedure. X I'm so frustrated :(

I think this length of time between infills is unusual and shouldn't put other geeks off or worry other lasher geeks.

Iv been lashing quite some time now and the majority of my clients come between 2 to 3 weeks for infills (of course there is the odd exception). They want to keep their lashes looking full and at their best. I have a full client base now and am having to turn clients away so I would say, 2 to 3 weeks between infills is the norm xx

No this is good advice, but show your clients how to brush their lashes, ie, support lashes with a finger or on cheek bones, brush from above whilst curling lashes. Do not brush straight down as this can compromise the curl.

Lash revolution glue is excellent and their should be no staying power problems with this glue xx

Thanks fro advice. I am using the Pro glue not the Pro+. I wipe donor lash once with glue then wipe of excess and let go. And got to the next. I'm still finding sometimes it gets really clumped up and all stuck together. X

Thanks fro advice. I am using the Pro glue not the Pro+. I wipe donor lash once with glue then wipe of excess and let go. And got to the next. I'm still finding sometimes it gets really clumped up and all stuck together. X

Pm me with how long you've been lashing for, who you trained with, how many sets youve done etc and we will have a chat xx

I should be ale o get back to you by tomorrow, you may need the pro + glue but until I know your details it's hard to say, you shouldn't be getting stickies at all xx

I have been lashing a long time and would expect almost all clients to be having infils regularly at 2-3 weeks, other lagers shouldn't be put off by some technician offering longer infils so really font worry

Latest posts

Back