Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them Claudia x

I do like the volume lashes. They look so much better.

If you are picking up six 0.07mm lashes in one go and sticking them on one NL I would have thought there would be a bulb of some sort but there isn't. Why is that?

I do like the volume lashes. They look so much better.

If you are picking up six 0.07mm lashes in one go and sticking them on one NL I would have thought there would be a bulb of some sort but there isn't. Why is that?

It's because 9 x 0.07 will still only make the equivalent diameter of a .21 :) xx

View attachment 48762View attachment 48763

0.06 volume lashes (between 2D and 5D) with a splash of fun :). This is on one of my best friends and fellow geek, (not skin geek) but she squiggles after an hour so I only had an hour and 15mins to do these so they could be so much fuller :)

Oh and spot the loose lash lol

Beautiful as always and lovely to see a genuine picture (including the loose lash :green:). So many are photoshopped to death these days, you never know whats real and whats not xx

Beautiful as always and lovely to see a genuine picture (including the loose lash :green:). So many are photoshopped to death these days, you never know whats real and whats not xx

I couldn't agree more.

I am so tired of people posting pics of "their own work" when it is so obvious that the pictures have been enhanced.

Newbies coming along must feel so disheartened and think that they will never achieve lashes that perfect.

There are a lot of enhanced pictures not only in this thread but throughout the Facebook groups. The only way to be recognised as a good technician is to produce beautiful work that your clients love and can't live without. No amount of retouching clever lighting and good angles is going to make your work any better.

No one should feel their work isn't up to scratch I've been doing lashes for a long time, I'm too busy to take pictures with nice lighting and at good angles. Maybe one day I will learn how to photoshop

Last edited:
There are a lot of enhanced pictures not only in this thread but throughout the Facebook groups. The only way to be recognised as a good technician is to produce beautiful work that your clients love and can't live without. No amount of retouching clever lighting and good angles is going to make your work any better.

No one should feel their work isn't up to scratch I've been doing lashes for a long time, I'm too busy to take pictures with nice lighting and at good angles. Maybe one day I will learn how to photoshop

I do think there's a place in this industry for both unedited and photoshopped photos.

Sometimes il edit my photos / sometimes not, however il always try to make sure it's only the lighting or skin that's edited, not the lashes.

Sometimes I produce a great set of lashes that my camera just won't catch and that's so annoying.

I wanted to use all my own photos on my web page but was told by my very good web designer not too - as they weren't the right lighting etc.

I was slightly annoyed at this however had a gallery to add my photos hence I compromised.

So I think as long as your work is good and looks like this in real life that's ok / however if it's edited to the point it looks nothing like the end result you are only kidding yourself - oh and those clients that won't return.

LIELASH TUTORIAL NOW ON YOUTUBE

Ladies - as requested its here, hope you enjoy xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_gY_Lscjs

Hello lie lash. Had a watch of your YouTube vid :)
Can I ask what glue you use? As you dip then find the lash then attach. I use flirties and that method isn't working for me, I get lashes coming loose at the base!! So I've decided to put glue stone in head so it's not such a long time before I attach, I've also though we should find the lash first then dip and attach (bad habit of mine). Do you not get problems doing it this way?

Thanks ladies

PS - LIELASH YOUTUBE TUTORIALS

So ladies, today I'm doing my first tutorial - I'm real busy lashing at the moment but should hope to get this first one up loaded in the next few days.

Don't forget to subscribe to my channel

Eyelash Extensions in Kent

Also like me on Facebook " eyelash extensions In Kent

Instagram too

Big thank you to all of you that have subscribed so far

:) xxx

I cannot find you what so ever :( xx
On YouTube i mean xx

Can I ask what glue you use? As you dip then find the lash then attach. I use flirties and that method isn't working for me, I get lashes coming loose at the base!! So I've decided to put glue stone in head so it's not such a long time before I attach, I've also though we should find the lash first then dip and attach (bad habit of mine). Do you not get problems doing it this way?

I know you're not new to lashing but as a trainer, I would always encourage lash techs to isolate their lash first then pick up the extension, glue and apply. This way, if you are using a fast setting glue, your glue isnt drying whilst you find your Nat lash to isolate xx (this can be different for volume technique)

Certainly when new to lashing, isolate first, you can use both sets of tweezers to move those Nat lashes out of the way so you can find your perfect lash xx

Everyone has their own way to lash I see students everyday all applying differently I personally take my extensions get my glue then isolate my natural lash, you will find a way that suits you.
For Flirties pull the lash through twice and you should have approx 3 tint dots of adhesive that's the perfect amount of glue swipe it up your natural lash once (maybe twice if needed) once the lash is coated it will naturally attract to the natural lash and sit nicely. If course not all lashes are quite so away some need to be applied from the dude and done underneath the natural lash

I used flirties glue once but couldn't get on with it. It was too glupey for my liking and in the summer dried too quick.

Bonkers is correct, swipe it twice ( I found I needed more glue when using flirties otherwise my lashes wouldn't stick)

I currently use sky glue - for me it's the best I've found as it's less fumey and quite runny,

Because I've been lashing for a while and confident at isolating I don't isolate first before picking a lash ( i did to start with and like blinkingorgeous said new lashers should isolate first )

However personal preference for me I always pick up a bigger blob of glue so that if I don't always manage to isolate a lash first time my glue doesn't dry too quickly, when iv isolated I then take off the excess glue on the lash and attach - I was never taught that way but it works for me.

I think sometimes it's a case of finding what method works for you and your products.

Again I've used other brand lashes that don't seem to " suck" the glue as well do again it can be the products u are using.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385413004.524733.jpg just finished these babies! #beautilashious x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385472037.419748.jpg

A set of extensions on my sister who insisted on rushing me! Why are family and friends always the worst clients :/ x

We now do volume lashes on her but she is so great at letting me try new styles and lashes on her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 326
Can someone explain 3D,4D lashes and so on I'm sure it's probably been asked before but 36 pages into this thread and I still can't find it 😔 sorry to be a pain but the lashes look amazing want to be able to recreate this for clients xx

We now do volume lashes on her but she is so great at letting me try new styles and lashes on her.

Lovely lashes!! ♥
Did you use 0.20 and 0.25 for volume lashes? I thought you are supposed to use lighter like 0.07 or 0.10 to create volume lashes?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

azuryse8.jpg

Hi all

I'm new to lashes and I've just finished my 5th case study. I've now passed but would love to hear some comments on my set and criticism welcome I want to be the best I can :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Back