Show us your nail foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone been successful with doing a strip of foils just at the cuticle area with Gelish? Like the pics? How do you get it in just that area?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It looks as though these nails have been foiled all over and then painted over the top leaving a margin at the cuticle. Not sure if this is the case though!

Anyone been successful with doing a strip of foils just at the cuticle area with Gelish? Like the pics? How do you get it in just that area?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think two are done with polish and top one could be foil. I would prob put a clear base coat down then put glue around area you want the foil , put foil on and polish after , you could use a fine art brush to do your curve line and polish with brush up to it for a neat look. Hope that makes sense x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm getting so wound up! decided today was the day I'm going to master foils and I can't flippin do it to save my life 😫😫 am trying with the tiger print irresistible at the moment but I've just read a comment about glue needing to be thin and not cloudy etc so gonna try again and hope for the best!

I'm getting so wound up! decided today was the day I'm going to master foils and I can't flippin do it to save my life 😫😫 am trying with the tiger print irresistible at the moment but I've just read a comment about glue needing to be thin and not cloudy etc so gonna try again and hope for the best!

Keep trying hun! Yep defo wait until the adhesive has gone totally clear. Better still, I cure mine in my CND UV lamp for 90 secs - works a treat! x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Keep trying hun! Yep defo wait until the adhesive has gone totally clear. Better still, I cure mine in my CND UV lamp for 90 secs - works a treat! x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

WOOHOOOOO ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391180433.746825.jpg
haha!! I just did a little bit on a tip but I feel so happy that I've finally mastered it!! Got loads of foils when I opened the shop as well thank god no ones asked for them yet haha!! Gonna try the rest now on my colour pop wheel & hope they all work out as good!! 😊😊x

Hi am new to this site.. could you please tell me are these the same as minx and kooky wraps as they look alot thinner than the kooky wraps am using. Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the gelish 18g LED lamp do I put nails with glue on in there or is it just uv that dries it?

I'm going to master it this weekend!! I too bought loads of them and gave up after no success!! X

Love the red foils! Just tested this on myself my acrylic needs in filing and it's abit shabby but inline the colour! Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 425
I have the gelish 18g LED lamp do I put nails with glue on in there or is it just uv that dries it?

I'm going to master it this weekend!! I too bought loads of them and gave up after no success!! X

Mine didn't work in my gelish 5-45 led lamp had to get my uv one out. Still not sure if the lamp actually cures it or whether just helps dry as it takes about 2 mins to go clear without lamp!!

Finally did a nail over gelish ... Used top it off over but then it smudged!!!!!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391187039.082593.jpg

Hi am new to this site.. could you please tell me are these the same as minx and kooky wraps as they look alot thinner than the kooky wraps am using. Thanks x

No they are different thing altogether! for use with gel polish x

wheeeey I'm getting good at this 😂ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391189287.240129.jpg

Mine didn't work in my gelish 5-45 led lamp had to get my uv one out. Still not sure if the lamp actually cures it or whether just helps dry as it takes about 2 mins to go clear without lamp!!

Ahh ok ill dog out my uv lamp and see if it helps!

Thank you xx

wheeeey I'm getting good at this 😂View attachment 54314

Well done, are you using adhesive? I still can't get on with it, some times when I pull the foil away I'm pulling the glue away too?! That or I don't get good coverage

wheeeey I'm getting good at this 😂View attachment 54314

Thanks. So is it applied to the 2nd colour layer then cured and top coat applied? They look ace x

I also use a travel mini hairdryer if iv not got my uv lamp out. Dries so quickly.😁

Well done, are you using adhesive? I still can't get on with it, some times when I pull the foil away I'm pulling the glue away too?! That or I don't get good coverage

Just make sure your glue is applied thinly and evenly. And if you miss a spot or two , you can dab a smidge of glue on, dry and dab on your foil in them areas x 😁

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391202499.642912.jpg❤️💅

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391202876.648691.jpg

First proper attempt at embossing with foils, love them :)

Thanks. So is it applied to the 2nd colour layer then cured and top coat applied? They look ace x

the way Ive done it is complete shellac application then wipe off the sticky top coat layer, very thinly apply the foil adhesive, cure in uv lamp for 2 min then place foil where I want it and put a cotton pad over the top of the foil then rub over it with pressure and then gently peel off the backing paper. with top coat over the foil! x

Latest posts

Back