Show us your nail foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a great pic but the foil is a new one called bubbles !!!! Doesn't look like bubbles but the colours are nice ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390386038.317918.jpg

Looks lovely Steph 😊

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390399653.469852.jpg
Blue rapture with turquoise and holographic pink foils

Bio Sculpture Midnight Blue (2012) with CND Open Road additives and 3 different pink foils using the casting/embossing technique - not the best photo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390422730.689718.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390422730.689718.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 471
Had a little play with foil designs today and added some foil detail to my ring finger, it's a little messy but I love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 487
Here it is!

http://youtu.be/Uwtg990y-RQ

Just uploaded this morning! I hate my Wiltshire accent :( xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Brill! You kind of sound like me! I'm from Bristol, but have no trace of a bristolian accent. I'm must have some Wiltshire in me somewhere lol xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Brill! You kind of sound like me! I'm from Bristol, but have no trace of a bristolian accent. I'm must have some Wiltshire in me somewhere lol xx

Haha! I think I sound like a right carrot cruncher, lol! xx

Haha! I think I sound like a right carrot cruncher, lol! xx

Lmao, you do not! There's barely any accent there at all xx

Fuchsia Frost foil.

Attachments

• 1390737843219.jpg
    1390737843219.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 617
Fuchsia Frost foil.

Love this! x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390771773.641147.jpgRock Royalty with just a splashing of foil

Did these on myself yesterday to see what the foil looked like excuse the acrylic growth! X

Tried again and the foil only goes on the nail in the odd place!!!! What am I doing wrong xx

Tried again and the foil only goes on the nail in the odd place!!!! What am I doing wrong xx

Hi what are the steps you use when doing your foils ?? I hated them when I first used them but love them now. I buy the foils from a seller on eBay and they are in little pots. They work every time. Once iv got my base colour of polish or gel polish, I ensurecthats dry or cured then if I'm going for a full coverage , I put my foil glue just like applying polish in a nice thin even coat and then I either cure in iv lamp or have a mini hairdryer to dry it. When the glue is clear and no longer cloudy colour, then apply foil. I use a cosmetic cotton bud and gently rub and press to ensure a good adhesion. You will be able to see the clear backing coming away form the foil that's left behind on the nail. And just quickly but gently take the clear backing away and voila. If you want a patchy sort of foil design just put glue where you want the design (if on cured gel wipe dispersion layer off first or foil will stick allover the nail. ) When ready to top coat , gently float over the foil so not to drag or wipe it off and to minmize the cracking of the foil. x 😊

Can you use foils with Gelish?

Anyone been successful with doing a strip of foils just at the cuticle area with Gelish? Like the pics? How do you get it in just that area?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1391079827005.jpg
    1391079827005.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 1391079843352.jpg
    1391079843352.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 1391079857771.jpg
    1391079857771.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 435
foils.jpg

foils1.jpg

foils2.jpg As you can see the pink one has some growth there, but I love that foils wear really well.

My 1st attempt at foils

1391084094543.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back