Show us your nail stations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one cool desk - where did you get that? X

That is lush & definitely unique... I am so jelous of all these stations xx

It's my old nail desk which is a black table from Ikea and my brother in law who does vinyl graphics covered it for me with my logo and I had a glass top made for it... It is lovely and definitely unique :)

Ur brother has done a good job & I definitely no who to go to when I want one hahaa xx

After a couple of months of being at my new rented space within a hair salon, my desk is how I want it and I'm finally settled in...Here's my space

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371847679.891647.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371847679.891647.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,226
After a couple of months of being at my new rented space within a hair salon, my desk is how I want it and I'm finally settled in...Here's my space

Lovely! Looks fab. Can I ask, how do you find the nailpillo? I'm having trouble getting clients to place their hands somewhere near the middle of the desk, or at least so I can reach them! I feel as if I'm climbing on top of the desk to do a good application! :irked:

I really like your desk. Where is it from?

Also, I have a suspicious mind :) couldn't a client easily put her handbag down where your Vinylux is and pop one in her bag without you noticing?

Last edited:
Lovely! Looks fab. Can I ask, how do you find the nailpillo? I'm having trouble getting clients to place their hands somewhere near the middle of the desk, or at least so I can reach them! I feel as if I'm climbing on top of the desk to do a good application! :irked:

PMSL!!! OMG, I know exactly how you feel! My last table was quite high, so it was quite impossible to use...I felt exactly the same. (my cats had actually claimed it for a while! :irked:)

I've only been using it again for the past couple of days, and I love it...I get the clients to rest their forearms over it and have their hands over the curve, and its great, they dont move. I was using towels, couch roll and another rectangular shaped arm rest before but the clients would literally push everything on top of me...I'm a bit OCD about having space while I work and that was really stressing me out!

Try possibly putting your chair a little bit higher and giving it another go!

I really like your desk. Where is it from?

Also, I have a suspicious mind :) couldn't a client easily put her handbag down where your Vinylux is and pop one in her bag without you noticing?

Oh gosh, I hadn't really thought of that...its quite a high end salon, so I don't think anyone would do that unless of course they're a kleptomaniac! :eek: ...I'll keep you posted!

Here's mine hope it works

Photo won't load :(

Third time lucky

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371852411.715902.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371852411.715902.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,052
PMSL!!! OMG, I know exactly how you feel! My last table was quite high, so it was quite impossible to use...I felt exactly the same. (my cats had actually claimed it for a while! :irked:)

I've only been using it again for the past couple of days, and I love it...I get the clients to rest their forearms over it and have their hands over the curve, and its great, they dont move. I was using towels, couch roll and another rectangular shaped arm rest before but the clients would literally push everything on top of me...I'm a bit OCD about having space while I work and that was really stressing me out!

Try possibly putting your chair a little bit higher and giving it another go!

Today I literally had my feet up under me like a child, leaning across the desk with my tongue sticking out just doing the first colour coat. Did the client budge? Nope! (I think I probably looked something like the picture!)

I have another type of Ikea desk and chairs that you'd probably use with a dining table, so I need to sort this out and get height adjustable chairs, and smaller width desk. Either that or my 5' 2" frame need to stretch overnight!

Plus I'm only just recovering from pulling a back muscle so today wasn't exactly good for me there.

Oh, I know how you feel about OCD and space, I use towels, couch roll and another type of hand rest (spongy) and I used to get this all bunched on top of me, but lately the clients have been hogging it instead. Need to strap their wrists in place me thinks!

Attachments

• 20130516-160055-pic-195507639_t310.jpg
    20130516-160055-pic-195507639_t310.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 889

Oh oh, oh and where did you get your desk light from? x

Today I literally had my feet up under me like a child, leaning across the desk with my tongue sticking out just doing the first colour coat. Did the client budge? Nope! (I think I probably looked something like the picture!)

I have another type of Ikea desk and chairs that you'd probably use with a dining table, so I need to sort this out and get height adjustable chairs, and smaller width desk. Either that or my 5' 2" frame need to stretch overnight!

Plus I'm only just recovering from pulling a back muscle so today wasn't exactly good for me there.

Oh, I know how you feel about OCD and space, I use towels, couch roll and another type of hand rest (spongy) and I used to get this all bunched on top of me, but lately the clients have been hogging it instead. Need to strap their wrists in place me thinks!

LOL!!!! I seriously worry about my "concentrating" face...I'm sure I stick my tongue out, hold my breath and squint (because I keep forgetting to wear my glasses)...very attractive!!!

The clients definitely need wrist straps...I had one yesterday that didn't want to give me her hands! Kept putting them back under the desk!

I'm only 5' 3", I sit on a hairdressing stool as low as it will go and have the clients seat as low as it will go too. I'm comfy and the clients are too (no one has said any different).

I hope your back gets better...I keep having to remind myself to sit straight...I tend to ain't at an angle, so the NailPillo has really helped me work straight on too.

My lamp is from Amazon, it's a clip on daylight one...it's SO tiny but gives out amazing light...I think it was about £25...

Not that I'm great at painting or anything, but I take their hand and place it where I want it. My tutor told me to do that, told me clients expect it! Just tell them you need their hand 'here' and move it for them, exactly how you want it. They're fine, really.

S, your table looks lovely hon. Just because it's high end, doesn't mean they will def not take advantage and swipe it - doesn't mean they will either. Just be mindful xxx

Not that I'm great at painting or anything, but I take their hand and place it where I want it. My tutor told me to do that, told me clients expect it! Just tell them you need their hand 'here' and move it for them, exactly how you want it. They're fine, really.

S, your table looks lovely hon. Just because it's high end, doesn't mean they will def not take advantage and swipe it - doesn't mean they will either. Just be mindful xxx

Thanks D...I will really keep an eye on my rack, I just have no where else to put it, I would've loved to pop it on the wall but I don't think the salon owner would be too keen on that (she already thinks I'm trying to move in!) Xxx

This is my room...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371891738.921141.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371891738.921141.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,067
Nailtechybee your room looks soooo tranquil, lovely x

Latest posts

Back