Show us your tattoos/what are their meanings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 tattoos; all have meanings to me and were designed/planned. I have a horses head at the bottom of my back.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402062123.323226.jpg
I used to have a horse and one day he unfortunately knocked me over whilst running away from something. His hoof caught me in small of my back and I had to go for x-rays. It turned out I had an underlying spine problem that's been there all my life and if I had carried on riding, I could've ended up paralysing myself! so I had to sell him and I had this tattoo to remind me of him and how in a way he saved my life.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402062270.448153.jpg
This is my second tattoo and I had it done when me and my husband got married. the heart symbolises our love and we are the butterflies. I'm looking to have a small flower added to this since I had my daughter 18 months ago to signify my family. I don't believe in getting somebody's name tattooed on me as I see it as a bad omen, so this way is my secret reminder of my love for him (I have to look at it a lot when he is snoring at night 😊)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402062379.209455.jpg
This is my third one and the two stars symbolise my mum and dad. they have helped me through some really rough times in my life and been there through thick and thin ,so for me, it's my little reminder that they are always with me.

I am looking to have one done on my foot although not a huge one, and also I want a small dragon on my shoulder blade as my daughter was born in the year of the dragon so it's for her. Again, I don't think I need to have her name on me, it's just something to map that chapter in my life.

I think with tattoos,there are no right or wrong opinions. what one person finds attractive, another doesn't. They are not compulsory, they are a lifestyle choice as are many things we do like nails, beauty, drinking, partying etc. I think they have had a bad press by young silly drunks going off on holiday and getting stupid things done on a whim in dirty places and getting illnesses. I think if you truly want a tattoo to mean something to you, it can be a beautiful way to represent and remember important events or people in your life.

I don't regret any of my tattoos and I don't think I ever will. They symbolise important stages in my life and I think when I'm 80 years old, there are going to be a lot of people my age with tattoos all looking back at chapters in their life that they documented :) xx

Can't do photos cos I'm out & about, but I have four tattoos:
1st - a little dragon on my ankle, the typical drunken 18 yr old tat! Its almost 20 yes old so quite faded now thankfully!
2nd - Rose on the back of my shoulder. Aged 21 designed and done by my then boyfriend.
3rd - beautiful small butterfly and swirls, and the date of my wedding! Got in 2008!
4th - AIR written across inside of my wrist in scroll style. My hubby & daughters initials, and my favorite!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a tattoo on my hip saying, "Born to Die" referring to the album/single by Lana Del Rey, when I was getting it done the tattoo artist didn't understand it, but the meaning behind it is that we're all born, and then we die, so we should do and see as much as possible with no cares or regrets, leave a legacy behind, make people remember your name, live life to the fullest and don't look back :)
The album played a big part of my life, growing up being an outcast, going through a dark patch with depression and always thinking I would never reach my goals or become somebody. I used to listen to it every single day and meditate when I was feeling down or had a rough day. :)

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

The word 'MUG'

Right in the middle of my forehead.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is my 2nd tattoo. Its on my tummy by my pelvic bone :) My fiancé has the key on his wrist.

My first one is a butterfly and tribal on the bottom of my back it isnt the greatest tattoo I had it done at 15 :')

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402086209023.jpg
    1402086209023.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 328
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402123374.102511.jpgFresh! Done yesterday 💜

I have three.
I have a sugar skull as they've become known with "you coloured my life and made it beautiful" in Spanish. I always get asked what it means and it's to remember my gran, papa and uncle who passed away within a short space of time together. Without them my life sure wouldn't have been as colourful or I wouldn't have been the person I am today.

Second one is a pocket watch with "memories is timeless" I think at this point I was going through some sort of depression. I felt like I was left with nothing to remember the people who had passed. So I seen this design and had felt the need to put the words to this. Memories will always be there. They are timeless. Not only about the people who have passed but the memories of everything and everyone in my life who inspire me, drive me, love me and give me strength.

My last one ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402124235.863692.jpg
There is so much about this tattoo. So many meanings. About me, my partner, my life. Things which would just bore you's all to tears lol. But I love it. I do want colour added to the ribbon eventually

My next one is mines and my partners anniversary date and something to do solely with me and him and an anchor with some pretty flowers. From there who knows lol

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402140936.316945.jpg I'm guilty of the Cheryl cole thing too!!! 😂😂😂 CRINGE!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402161163.566105.jpg
Not the best pic it's the only pic I have of it and I had it done 3 years ago, but it represents me my partner and our little girl, I also have another on my wrist of my name, which I HATE, I had it done when I was 14 without my mum knowing and it's awful, will be having it removed some point in the future! x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402161375.447949.jpg

Hey, don't know if any of u guys can help me, but I'm looking to get my 2nd tattoo n I want it in Greek. I found a google translator online but I want to be sure that's right! Any one have any ideas or suggestions?
Many thanks

Hey, don't know if any of u guys can help me, but I'm looking to get my 2nd tattoo n I want it in Greek. I found a google translator online but I want to be sure that's right! Any one have any ideas or suggestions?
Many thanks

I speak Greek hun if you inbox me I might be able to help or I will send it to my god father and he will tell me.
Xx

Sent from the catphone

All my tattoos are Greek themed lol! Will see if I can dig out any pictures x

Sent from The Bat Phone

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403262118.906117.jpg

My newest addition from a couple of weeks ago - Stags head. I call him Henry. He symbolises Strength and Beauty 😘

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403273973.759169.jpg
Addition to my growing collection, tribute tattoo to my dog I lost back in feb / over the moon :)

I have a few, but this is my newest one. I got this as I loved it, but also to me, it marks my new career is hair & beauty. It will eventually have a pink shimmer behind it & further down the line, will be a full sleeve.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403293949.620209.jpg

I have a quote at the bottom of my back that days 'The naked truth is better then the best dressed lie'
I got this because before my drastic life change & I decided to finally follow my dreams, I spent 5 years as a lapdancer/pole dancer, the things I saw/heard/went through in that time, were shocking. I come to the conclusion that no matter how 'harsh' the truth sounds, I would rather hear it!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403294268.957154.jpg
This one, was a cover up, I did have my neices name there. I got this, not only because I love leopard print but because I also have fibromyalgia and this is kind of how I feel on the inside.

I have also got a cover up on my shoulder, it was my little boys dads name, it is now a flower 😳 and I hate it.

I also have my sons name & date of birth on my wrist.

My next tattoo is going to be of a pin up girl pole dancing on my thigh 😉 xx

I'm interested in seeing everyone's tattoos and hearing the story or meaning behind them!
I'm getting one on my forearm in a couple of weeks and it means a lot to me.
I love hearing meanings to them so if would be great if those of you that have some to share :D
Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403294949.802965.jpg I have four more but this has the letter of each of my 3 boys. I do love it 💙💙💙

this is geoffrey. A tiger is the master of his domain and is bold & fierce just like me ;)

Attachments

• 202105_10150146166375920_5749771_o.jpg
    202105_10150146166375920_5749771_o.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 238
Anybody gt any pin up girls they can share??

I speak Greek hun if you inbox me I might be able to help or I will send it to my god father and he will tell me.
Xx

Sent from the catphone

Thanku x x

this is geoffrey. A tiger is the master of his domain and is bold & fierce just like me ;)

That is badass I love it!! And you are badass too for having a tat that big on your ribs!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back