Shrinking Violet-is it worth training in? Still popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have posted top line results..all else with our PR..would direct all back to "mums" post and before anyone says about nepotism...Mum is my harshest critic and gives me the hardest time so when she goes "public" is..for me..an amazing thing :Love:

I feel for you. It must be like banging your head on a brick wall. I'm surprised you even waste your days writing the same comments time and again. (I don't just mean this thread ). I've seen you defend yourself so many times. This site shouldn't be allowed to be detrimental towards businesses, it's all wrong in my opinion. I don't find anything professional in it or about it whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have explained in an earlier post re doing the best for our therapists and...yep..us

I really don't understand the agendas here fact is fact....we have no prob with any respected Company so really don't get what the prob is ....

Perhaps I am being stupid here? I personally have no agendas and I do not have a problem, neither am I slating the product as I have never used it. However, I was just asking a simple question, to which I haven't received an adequate answer?

Last edited:
I have explained in a previous post we take care of our therapists even when we get slated

Just for everyones info, i think its a fab treatment as a luxurious wrap and market it as such. The jury is well and truly out in relation to fat loss. The above stand alone quote doesnt make sense, would you mind qualifying it please? Surely showing your clinical results would indeed give it more credibility and take care of your therapists even more! By just saying it works, im afraid youre losing some credibility x

Just for everyones info, i think its a fab treatment as a luxurious wrap and market it as such. The jury is well and truly out in relation to fat loss. The above stand alone quote doesnt make sense, would you mind qualifying it please? Surely showing your clinical results would indeed give it more credibility and take care of your therapists even more! By just saying it works, im afraid youre losing some credibility x

I am not sure what standalone quote you are referring to ? I am not sure why jury out as we have shown the results in my previous posts...we haven't made it up...it is actual fact. I am not quite sure what you are asking from us. The facts we have shown are true...Are you saying we are lying ? That the trials were not done independently...that they didn't go through the ethics committee etc a tad confused x If you think we are making it all up then I suggest you report us to the relevant bodies x

Last edited:
I am not sure what standalone quote you are referring to ? I am not sure why jury out as we have shown the results in my previous posts...we haven't made it up...it is actual fact. I am not quite sure what you are asking from us. The facts we have shown are true...a tad confused x

The quote of yours that was embedded in my post about taking care of your therapists even when you get slated! How does not showing the clinical study results take care of your therapists? You have not shown results , you have shown a PR poster with nothing whatsoever to back it up. Surely showing the actual results would do your business good as it shows it really works. You are constantly avoiding the issue and trying to deflect. Why are you scared of showing the paper???

The quote of yours that was embedded in my post about taking care of your therapists even when you get slated! How does not showing the clinical study results take care of your therapists? You have not shown results , you have shown a PR poster with nothing whatsoever to back it up. Surely showing the actual results would do your business good as it shows it really works. You are constantly avoiding the issue and trying to deflect. Why are you scared of showing the paper???

I am getting a little tired of repeating myself so I apologise...I posted here the topline results. They are fact. The media has seen the full 50 odd page report so they can have an exclusive. This is so SV will be in the public domain so will help us and our therapists. They would not print all they have if thought they could be lying..Papers/mags get sued. We are not scared of anything. We can stand any scrutiny because it is fact. I suggest you refer back to "mum"'s post

So if we offered this treatment in the salon what would I tell my clients they can expect to achieve results wise x

I am getting a little tired of repeating myself so I apologise...I posted here the topline results. They are fact. The media has seen the full 50 odd page report so they can have an exclusive. This is so SV will be in the public domain so will help us and our therapists. They would not print all they have if thought they could be lying..Papers/mags get sued. We are not scared of anything. We can stand any scrutiny because it is fact. I suggest you refer back to "mum"'s post

Can you put a link to the newspaper ad/article please x

Last edited:

Okay, lets try a different angle here! I am a therapist who is interested in supplying Shrinking Violet wraps to my clients. I want to have all facts relating to this treatment at my fingertips so as I can inform my clients that not only does this treatment work, but why it works and how it works. I believe that my clients have the right to ask me questions and for me to be able to give them honest answers. So, I am not interested in anecdotal evidence from others, I want to be in possession of facts and clinical trial information. As a therapist how do I go about getting this information? Is it not published? Do I need to contact your company to get a copy of the full 50 page report? Will this report tell me about the numbers of people that were involved in this clinical trial and what percentage of those people had positive results?

Okay, lets try a different angle here! I am a therapist who is interested in supplying Shrinking Violet wraps to my clients. I want to have all facts relating to this treatment at my fingertips so as I can inform my clients that not only does this treatment work, but why it works and how it works. I believe that my clients have the right to ask me questions and for me to be able to give them honest answers. So, I am not interested in anecdotal evidence from others, I want to be in possession of facts and clinical trial information. As a therapist how do I go about getting this information? Is it not published? Do I need to contact your company to get a copy of the full 50 page report? Will this report tell me about the numbers of people that were involved in this clinical trial and what percentage of those people had positive results?

and you will get all those answers at training and we have told you the results...one thing I will say is we did not have to do this trial...it cost a huge amount of money and is owned by the founder and director of TO..she will decide how and when used.. and will be where it can serve best our therapists and her company

and you will get all those answers at training and we have told you the results...one thing I will say is we did not have to do this trial...it cost a huge amount of money and is owned by the founder and director of TO..she will decide how and when used.. and will be where it can serve best our therapists and her company

So, this Information will only be available to me if I book onto one of your training courses? You actually expect a Therapist to invest their time and money and roll up to one of your courses based purely on anecdotal evidence? Ah well, thank you, but you can count me out! There appears to be no transparency with TO!!

So, this Information will only be available to me if I book onto one of your training courses? You actually expect a Therapist to invest their time and money and roll up to one of your courses based purely on anecdotal evidence? Ah well, thank you, but you can count me out! There appears to be no transparency with TO!!

Nope the information of what the results are I have posted..will again refer you to Mums post...and nothing anecdotal about it...what other wrap courses have this kind of backing ???AND the fabulous thing is since this thread been started we have actually have had more therapists booking on courses than ever before so I thank the OP and if SV not for you is all ok :Love::Love::Love::Love::Love:

So if we offered this treatment in the salon what would I tell my clients they can expect to achieve results wise x

I actually started this thread and have had my last question ignored!

I actually started this thread and have had my last question ignored!

Clinical trial as I posted said up to 2.3% which equates to up to 6 inches if follow precare and not contraindicated AGAIN why we have contras as is systemic not fluid or compression loss...been a long day goodnight xxx

Clinical trial as I posted said up to 2.3% which equates to up to 6 inches if follow precare and not contraindicated AGAIN why we have contras as is systemic not fluid or compression loss...been a long day goodnight xxx

What does that last sentence mean????? Systemic not fluid or compression loss????

Nope the information of what the results are I have posted..will again refer you to Mums post...and nothing anecdotal about it...what other wrap courses have this kind of backing ???AND the fabulous thing is since this thread been started we have actually have had more therapists booking on courses than ever before so I thank the OP and if SV not for you is all ok :Love::Love::Love::Love::Love:

With respect you have not posted anything but a PR Poster........you have not given us the results of the Clinical Trial. It states 98% have said they would recommend the treatment. 98% is a large percentage, however what is 98% of? 98% of 10 people is a lot different to 98% of 100, 1,000 or 10,000 people! Continuously referring us to "Mums" post is in fact no more than anecdotal evidence. Whilst I have the utmost respect for Mum, it is her opinion and what she has experienced, nevertheless it continues to be anecdotal evidence. On the flip side, I took Mums anecdotal evidence of IBX.......I read the PR info and took an informed but inexpensive decision. I purchased IBX......at a small cost, I trialled it..........it worked!! However, there is a lot of medical evidence widely available that suggests SV or similar wraps do not do what is claimed. I am merely asking that the clinical trials which have been carried out by TO are made available to me and any other therapists who may be interested BEFORE they sign up to a training course. I don't believe that my request in unreasonable.

Last edited:
No way of knowing that claire everyone is different x

Sent from The Bat Phone

They are all over our facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/TibbyOlivierProfessional?ref_type=bookmark and Twitter and all social media and with our PR company and quite frankly I am done here... it either works or it doesn't...and it does Goodnight all xxxx

I may be missing something here, but went to your FB page and couldnt see any clinical results. A magazine that has an article that is written by someone who has had the treatment is NOT a clinical result. Its a subjective viewpoint that is open to interpretation. I'll give you that your PR is very very very good and i take my hat off to you for that! If you ever publish those clinical results then i will eat that hat. And dont get me started on Contour Dor tan lol xx

It seems that the whole TO and clinical trial saga continues. This has been going on for months and still people cannot see the clinical results UNTIL you sign up for a course which is rediculous.

The question is always bounced around and still no answers have been given except for a PR poster. If correct answers were given there would not be threads like this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back