Sienna % question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
starting a new thread for this because I think it will be missed on the end of the old thread...

ok geeks, put me out of my misery please....

I am using 8.5% sienna a lot at the moment but I want a darker one to offer the people who tan easily too.... in the Q10 range they only do 8.5% and 12.5%, now i'm guessing that the 12.5% would be a little too much for most people so should I order the 10% from the other range that Sienna do?

whats the difference between the 2 ranges?? :eek: :?: would I be better off with the 8%, 10% and 12% all from the other range?

thanks, my brain hurts at the moment!! lol

Well i use 8% for people who have never had a tan before, 8.5% for someone who wants to be slightly darker and 10% for those who like to be really dark.

I dont use 12%

Isnt it just the smell thats different? Not 100% sure there so dont quote me! ;)
10% is fab for those that want a darker tan! Id go for it!

xx:hug:

thanks for the replies at last lol :green: I ended up buying the 8.5% the 10% and the 12.5%, Love the smell of the 10% Mmmmmm coconut!! its yummy!!

Hi there, it's Victoria from Sienna here.

Sienna solutions come in 2 ranges as you all know. Sienna professional comes in 8.5% and 12.5% and contains Hyaluronic acid and CoQ10 which are anti aging ingredients, the hyaluronic acid aids hydration and also draws the tan down deeper into the epidermis making the tan last longer, It also contains green tea extract, oregon grape extract, rosehip extract and ginko biloba which all have anti oxidant properties.

Unfortunatly at the moment we can't offer a mid range solution in this professional range which is where our tropical 10% comes in. Sienna tropical is a fab all round spray tan solution but doesn't have the added treatment benefits of the other range. It does however contain aloe vera gel to combat the drying effect of the DHA (which as we all know is a form of acetone). The immediate difference between the 2 solutions is the smell, tropical smells if coconut and professsional smells of watermelon.

Did you do your training with Sienna?.. We have a section in our training about the different types of solutions and their benefits. Maybe you coul come along to a refresher course, we have a new venue in Purfleet, W Thurrock

All of our solutions contain a percentage of Erythrulose which again is a longer lasting active tanning ingredient but is also massively expensive to produce and manufacture and therefore isn't included in many tanning solutions.

hope that helps
Vic x

Hi Victoria, Yes that does help thanks, looks like I did ok then lol. No I didnt train with Sienna, I trained with Tantrick and changed over to Sienna solutions recently. Do you know if they will be offering a 10% in the Q10 range in the future?

I have to say I am thinking about using Sienna instead of Tantrick, more because so many more people have heard of it and like it. I've had a few people be a little weary of trying a new brand especially in the summer.

I too am curious if your going to make a 10% in the professional, as it does sound really good!

All of our solutions contain a percentage of Erythrulose which again is a longer lasting active tanning ingredient but is also massively expensive to produce and manufacture and therefore isn't included in many tanning solutions.

This is good to know, as I actually rang and enquired about whether your solutions contained Erythrulose recently. The ladies answer on the phone was what actually stopped me ordering at that point....she said....

"Sorry....I've never heard of Ery....Eryth.....what did you call at?"

She was very pleasant....so not trying to cause any trouble for anyone, but just not as knowledgeable as I would have hoped a supplier to be!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at just how many solutions do contain Erythrulose nowadays though...I feel it really adds a different depth to the resultant colour, and alwasy try and use solutions with it in.

I have to say I am thinking about using Sienna instead of Tantrick, more because so many more people have heard of it and like it. I've had a few people be a little weary of trying a new brand especially in the summer.

I too am curious if your going to make a 10% in the professional, as it does sound really good!

A couple of my regulars were weary of it to start with too but I told them, when I first came round to tan them they didn't have a clue about what solution I was using so why be weary of a new one? 'trust me' :green: they did and they love it!

I wasnt aware that the 10% wasn't professional until Victoria's post? It says 'for professional use only' on the bottle and it gets sprayed in the same way as the others??

I wasnt aware that the 10% wasn't professional until Victoria's post? It says 'for professional use only' on the bottle and it gets sprayed in the same way as the others??

Sorry I meant in the Sienna Professional range, the one with the 8.5% and 12% rather than the tropical range!

I thought the same when I read Victorias post lol, didnt realise it was called professional, just thought it was Q10? anyway, it's very nice :green:

OOOOOOh er, i've started something her haven't I?!!.....

All of Sienna X solutions are for professional use only, we just call our regular range Professional instead of Sienna normal (professional sounds better dunnit?).

As for a member of staff at Head office not knowing what erythrulose is, i can only apologise, Due to Sienna's growing popularity we have had a massive expansion at head office and have taken on new members of our team to provide important administration support to all of our field sales reps and more importantly to our regional trainers, obviously some of these members are still learning the ins and outs of the business. The best thing to do is befriend your area rep, most of use have worked within the tanning and beauty industry for years, I have worked for Sienna for 3 years now and all of our trainers have been tanning and trained in the theory part of tanning for years!.

Latest posts

Back