Sienna x 8.5 Solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerbyrne

Reaction score
Has anyone had 'its too light' feedback?

I am thinking I will invest in the 10 or 12.5 I'm seriously thinking the 12.5 though, the clients I've been getting want to be 'really' dark.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!!

xxx Flower

Hi I use the 8 and 10% Sienna X solution I have just bought the 8.5% but I have not used it yet so I will let you know.

I mainly use the 8% but got the 8.5% just incase anyone wanted to try it.

the 8% is a lovely colour though, had no problems with either solution and the clients keep coming back so they must like the 8 and 10% colours.

have had a few people wanting to go darker and I have sprayed them with the 10% and they loved it but most wouldnt want to go any darker than that! :eek:

Have also had loads that could NEVER take a 10% so they are more than happy with the 8.5%, I think you need to stock all three to cover all instances :green:

Have any of you got any before and after pictures with the Sienna X 8%, 8.5% or 10%?

I'd be really keen to see the difference as I am training with them this Sunday!

Hi

I have the 8.5% and the 10%. Most people go for the 10% but I also dont think anyone would want to go for anything darker than this.

xxx

Hi

I have the 8.5% and the 10%. Most people go for the 10% but I also dont think anyone would want to go for anything darker than this.

xxx

Thanks for the replies and sorry for interupting your thread :o.

Has anyone tried the 12% out of interest? :green:

12% is the one to use for people who already have a nice dark, olivey, meditterranean type skin tone :green: it looks great on them! Never use it on someone with pale skin though :eek:

I have used 10% on people who are a little wary of the tan the first time and they have said they could have gone darker! I normally err on the side of caution if they are scared, you can always go darker next time but if they get up in the morning and hate it theres not a lot you can do! :hug:

I agree with Sherrie, you should try to stock all 3 so that you are covered for all skin types

xx

I agree with Sherrie, you should try to stock all 3 so that you are covered for all skin types

xx

I agree - I go quite dark in the sun but am not olive skinned and each and every client is different so stocking all three will have it covered I guess! :green:

I think thats what I'm going to do it buy the 10 and the 12.5, then there should be no problems. What happens with top ups? I spray you with 8.5 tonight and then tomorrow night spray you again what happens do you get 17%? Or just a deeper tan?

I find 8.5 an ideal all round sort of colour for anyone! I do have a couple of girls who want to be a bit darker so they have a 10, but nobody has asked for darker than that yet! :D

Has anyone actually used the 12.5% on a client?

I think thats what I'm going to do it buy the 10 and the 12.5, then there should be no problems. What happens with top ups? I spray you with 8.5 tonight and then tomorrow night spray you again what happens do you get 17%? Or just a deeper tan?

I was wondering the same thing. Does it go much darker if you respray the next day? Lx

I've had one of my friends asking for the 10% because she thought my other friends didn't look dark enough for her liking, I did advise her on the 8.5% but she still insisted on going darker so I used the 10 and she said the next day she found it too dark. Everybody else has seemed to love their tans.
I have olive skin and on my training day I had the 8.5% and it really showed up on my skin, everybody noticed, so I think its a personal thing, I guess its something we will learn with time. I haven't done a top up yet.

I use 8 8.5 and 10%

I have tried all 3 on myself and i would say 8% is good for some one unsure of having a spray tan, but i would also say it rubs off onthe sheets a lot more.

8.5% is a more browny brown very natural, very i have been on holiday but not gone mad colour, doesnt seem to come off on sheets.

10% is the darkest i stock i think it is dark enough, i have been to a very hot country for 2 weeks look.

I dont think the 12.5 is that much darker, it just seems to be a deeper colour... I dont think I'd bother stocking the 8 and the 8.5, cant imagine there is much in it colourwise is there? if you know your client can take the 12.5 they would probably prefer it! :green:

I dont necessarily let my clients tell me what colour they want, I advise them of the best colour for their skin tone and the only time they get a choice is if they could go for maybe an 8 or a 10 and I ask them if they want to look sun kissed and natural or if they want it to be quite noticable? most of them go for the sun kissed and natural look for the first few sprays, maybe after that they will brave the darker shade but I have already told them that they could go darker if they wanted to..If I didnt think they could take it I would tell them this and they normally listen :green:

If someone just came and said I want to be really dark I would ask them first of all what colour they naturally tan in the sun?? If they always go really brown as soon as they set foot in the sun, never burn then i would spray them with 10 but if they looked quite olivey skinned i'd spray the 12.5, if they never tan or burn first, tan eventually then they would get the 8.5, I would explain to them that if they try to go too dark for their skin type they will get the tango look! spraying a higher % solution does not equal a darker tan!! most listen if they dont then on their head be it! :eek: only come across one so far that wouldnt take my advice and she did get a nice orange shade, and loved it!! had one at least once a week, sometimes more! I would never get any clients from her lol but she did have the 10% one first, the 12% was against my advice and I wrote it on her record card!

I stock all 3 8, 10 & 12% solutions and to be honest 12% is the most popular, people insist on having it, i use the 8% on myself but i might buy the 8.5% and have a whirl at that.

I stock all 3 8, 10 & 12% solutions and to be honest 12% is the most popular, people insist on having it, i use the 8% on myself but i might buy the 8.5% and have a whirl at that.

I can kind of see this myself. I'm in ireland and everyone wants to be unbelievable fake brown!! Including myself :lol::lol:!!

Just a quick question what happens if you do a top up?? DO you get twice as brown?

Last edited:
no you get tangoed! :green:

If you use the 8.5% or the 10% (suitable to the client skintone) and do a top up, will that just give them a more intense tan rather than tangoing them or will it TANGO them?

Also, after doing a top up, does the tan tend to fade patchy?

Latest posts

Back