Sienna X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blissbeauty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have just bought Sienna X spray tan system and the bottle of tan i bought is 8%, if someone wants a dark tan could i just do 2 applications of product instead of 1? Or do i need to buy a higher percent? Please help!

Thanx

hello i have been using siennx x for two years now and would say i use mostly 10%. i do keep a 12% and i love the 8.5% its really golden. hope that helps

Hi I love Sienna its a great product, I stock the 8/10/12 and a sample 16. The most popular for me is 10 & 12.

Thank you for you quick reply thats really helpful, looks as though i need to get my hands on some darker tans. Do you feel that 1 application of tan is enough?

One application is enough. If you use 2 applications you are firstly going to risk patchiness and secondly you'll get through your solution pretty quickly too. Best to have a selection of the different solutions in order to be able to use the right amount of the best suitable for each client.

Sx

Spraying multiple layers will only deepen the colour guide, it will not produce a darker tan. Your skin can only absorb so much dha. Some spray tan techs will only spray one coat, others like to go round a second time to ensure even coverage of solution...but not to make the colour darker.

I would recommend having a bottle of each - 8%,10% & 12% - you do not necessarily have to have a litre of each as most suppliers provide 500ml bottles although the litre bottles are better value. Most solution providers have other %'s available, you should request samples of each and try them out....Booster drops are also useful to have in your kit bag xx

Hi Everyone

I have just bought Sienna X spray tan system and the bottle of tan i bought is 8%, if someone wants a dark tan could i just do 2 applications of product instead of 1? Or do i need to buy a higher percent? Please help!

Thanx

Just go for a darker percentage depending on their skin type, or offer a top up when it has developed. I mainly use the 10% as it tends to suit most people apart from milk bottle white skins. I think you need to spray a certain amount on the skin because where is the saturation point? Some people like to just stick to a very low ml which I don't agree with, everyone's different at the end of the day and we all have different skin types etc, etc...... So I adjust it according to what suits my client and note it on my consultaion card. Some people need more, and some need not as much. I usually spray once and then spray lightly a second time just to make sure there are no missed bits as I want happy customers!!

I usually spray once and then spray lightly a second time just to make sure there are no missed bits as I want happy customers!!

This is exactly how I do it!
It has nothing to do with the amount of experience I have as i've been tanning for years, it just makes me feel better knowing that i've definitely given every part of the body a good coat, if I use slightly more solution than the next person then thats fine by me!

xx :hug: xx

This is exactly how I do it!
It has nothing to do with the amount of experience I have as i've been tanning for years, it just makes me feel better knowing that i've definitely given every part of the body a good coat, if I use slightly more solution than the next person then thats fine by me!

xx :hug: xx[/QUOTE

Exactly, at the end of the day you should stick to what feels right and what works for you and your customers :hug:

Latest posts

Back