Silver tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli

Reaction score
I had a new client come in today wanting silver tips for next week, anyone any idea where I could get some, would you just apply these as normal
thanks

i don't know where you'd get them i've never seen silver tips but maybe you could just use natural tips with a silver powder or silver glitter mixed in clear powder?? HTH

I've never seen a silver tip...
BUT...Glitter tips could be an option, whereby you create the tip & smile line using a mix of powder (or gel) & glitter.
Do a search on glitter tips for loads of pics & hints.
Theres the silver polish option, or foil.
Time to get experimenting! :hug:

They have silver glitter tips at At Your Finger Tips

When you use them make sure that you bring the product down to cover the end, as the glitter may lift from the tip (as happened in my case). Bought these ages ago to do Xmas nails.
You'd be better off mixing glitter with your powder and doing the smiles yourself, if you're confident enough though. think it may last longer. hth. x

Tin foil can work for this.
hth

AArrgghh....Noodle beat me to it!!! lol:green:

You can use a nail art foil or regular tin foil.
Apply a foil adhesive sparingly where you want the foil to be applied.
Rub the foil with a cotton bud to make sure it is all fimly stuck to the nail.
Apply 2 coats of top coat.
hth

Thanks, I'll try and experiment with this, if it doesn't work out I might be as well using a silver glitter powder
Thanks for all your help

I know many geeks are not keen on ebay, but I have seen silver tips on ebay in the past. Never bought any, but seen them.

You can use a nail art foil or regular tin foil.
Apply a foil adhesive sparingly where you want the foil to be applied.
Rub the foil with a cotton bud to make sure it is all fimly stuck to the nail.
Apply 2 coats of top coat.
hth

silver foil has an amazing affect...alot more silver than silver tips which i have found not too be as solid silver as foils

ever think of silver polish?
finger paints has great one!
it's what i use.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

ezflow earthstone range has a lovely silver, solid colour yet soft and flattering.

Tin foil can work for this.

hth

could you imagine if you had a nail biter?:Scared:.....that would cure them....chewing on foil....ooohhh the thought makes my skin crawl

could you imagine if you had a nail biter?:Scared:.....that would cure them....chewing on foil....ooohhh the thought makes my skin crawl

Me to, but what a brilient idea:twisted:

Latest posts

Back