Size of brush ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissa

Reaction score
hi girls i started my nail last night we are doing l&p first ,
the tutor has told us to buy a size 20 or a 22 brush,

im used to using a size 8 ,, does anyone use a big brush or have you used one ,,are they better ????

hi girls i started my nail last night we are doing l&p first ,
the tutor has told us to buy a size 20 or a 22 brush,

im used to using a size 8 ,, does anyone use a big brush or have you used one ,,are they better ????

20 or 22......are you going to paint your house with it???:eek:

A size 8 is a great brush to start off with, once you are more proficient then you can move up to a 10 or 12....but only if you want to lol!

Good Luck with your course :hug:

tbh i like the size 8 i feel comfortable with it maybe i should invest in one a little bigger to have a go with,,

how do you get a nice crisp white with a huge brush ???:rolleyes:

still if i want to pass ihave to do what im told i guess !!

tbh i like the size 8 i feel comfortable with it maybe i should invest in one a little bigger to have a go with,,

how do you get a nice crisp white with a huge brush ???:rolleyes:

still if i want to pass ihave to do what im told i guess !!

In all seriousness I don't actually think you can get a brush in those sizes.
Any Geeks who have heard of these huge brushes feel free to correct me!
I know Nailzoo uses a big brush but he has had years of experience to prepare him for that!

I currently use a size 12 brush at the moment and it is plenty big for me, but I can still get it into a point for perfecting my smile lines.....before that I always used a size 8, best size 8 brush I ever used was a Master Artist 508 brush.

Maybe you have picked your tutor up wrong, you should get her to clarify what she means.

im afraid i heard correctly i wrote it down,

i have just searched nsi essential and others and the biggest size i could find was a 14 !

i have seen the big brushes but only ever in a nss (chinese places no offence intened to chinese folks)

Im confused now i hope i did the right thing going on this course, im glad i have you guys for help !!

You really need to query this, as Isabel said you could paint a house with that size brush. The only thing I can think of is that maybe some company in their infinite wisdom have decided to size their brushes differently and somewhere in the back of my mind I remember this being so. What brand products are you using on your course? :)

Just had a little Google and there are these sizes available but they are huge and would be too big to manage easily. I would check with your tutor again and see if she made a mistake. :)

salonserve sell bruses that go u to size 22, but it is bloody huge !!

i cant imagine how you would use a giant brush like that on tiny nails - for example, nail biters ?!

thanks ladies i'll wait till im back in and ask if i can look at it ,, then i can see the size !! :confused:

Maybe we should all book on your course and learn how to use this brush lol ;)

A size 8 is a great brush to start off with, once you are more proficient then you can move up to a 10 or 12....but only if you want to lol!

:lol::lol::lol: That was funny

I was sure you must of heard wrong Lissa when you said size 20/22

but then geeks have said you can get that size :eek:

But even so...surely if you are training you would start off with with a more 'normal' sized brush...???

How big exactly is a size 22? anyone got a picture?

I tell you this site brings you something new every day....

I am literally LMAO!

The biggest size I use is the CND Ultra Sculptor #10. It's a FAB brush! :)

Well firstly you would go through monomer by the gallon! What about trying to keep it off the clients skin? This has got to be something more simple than we are thinking of, surely? :)

http://eastrich.en.ecplaza.net/1.jpg

Ok not sure if this works or what size the ones in the picture are...but you can get a size 24 :eek: from the company that sells those in the picture.

When I google it...it seems to be the Chinese companies selling them...
I sooooo want to have a size 24 sat on my desk and scare the bejeebies out of my clients :lol:

OMG that did just make me laugh! i use a size 8 cant imagine using a 20 or 22! lol

Jodie x x

looking at that pic there is no way im entertaing a brush that size !!

lol i couldn't control it im used to smaller things !!

looking at that pic there is no way im entertaing a brush that size !!

lol i couldn't control it im used to smaller things !!

LMAO...ooooo errrrrrr :Grope:

I have seen those brushes in person at the last salon I was at. It was being used by a "veteran" nail tech. I did not like the brush one bit. The size is completely different from normal pro brushes. Usually brushes by reputable brands are sized so that when you go from a size 8 brush to a size 10 (for instance), the brush has a thicker belly and slightly longer bristles than the previous size.

These brushes do not work in the same way. As you can tell in the picture that was provided, the belly on the large brush is much much fatter, but the bristle length is not longer. So you end up with a short squat brush.

I compared the tech's brush with my Ultra Sculptor by CND, and even though hers was a size 22 brush, mine had longer bristles.
Basically these brushes hold lots and lots of liquid. Watching her use it was pretty horrifying, acrylic liquid practically up the client's knuckle :eek:

:green: a bit cruel I think. :cry:

Nfu.Oh Acrylic Kolinsky Sable Brush #12 Dark Wood handle
with Nfu.Oh Brush Clean Bottle :idea:

Latest posts

Back