Skin/Beauty therapy books - what do peeps recommend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Hello peeps!

I'm so excited! I'm going to be doing a beauty therapy course!!!! :green:

Anyhoo... what do you knowledgable peeps recommend book-wise that I can get my teeth into before I start my course? What textbooks have you found useful and what could you not live without?!

Many thanks in advance!

Kirst

Hello peeps!

I'm so excited! I'm going to be doing a beauty therapy course!!!! :green:

Anyhoo... what do you knowledgable peeps recommend book-wise that I can get my teeth into before I start my course? What textbooks have you found useful and what could you not live without?!

Many thanks in advance!

Kirst

I got distinctions in my course (Btec) and the BTec book is brilliant! Even if you're not doing the BTec course its still very well laid out.

The nvq books were great, and also a book called electrotherapy was great for faradic, galvanic etc.

I also bought a wicked little book written by a male ballet dancer - it was great for quick look-ups for anat & phys.

A-level biology text books were also a must! And anything by Helen MCGuiness is well worth investing in.

I got most of my textbooks second hand and to be honest I did spend well over £100 but it was so worth it - especially when you're all running to the library to take out the same books!

nailclass is a fab book too, but I have yet to find a copy :cry:

my last word is you can never have too many books, but dont forget to cite them in your work! xxx

I got distinctions in my course (Btec) and the BTec book is brilliant! Even if you're not doing the BTec course its still very well laid out.

The nvq books were great, and also a book called electrotherapy was great for faradic, galvanic etc.

I also bought a wicked little book written by a male ballet dancer - it was great for quick look-ups for anat & phys.

A-level biology text books were also a must! And anything by Helen MCGuiness is well worth investing in.

I got most of my textbooks second hand and to be honest I did spend well over £100 but it was so worth it - especially when you're all running to the library to take out the same books!

nailclass is a fab book too, but I have yet to find a copy :cry:

my last word is you can never have too many books, but dont forget to cite them in your work! xxx

WOW! Thanks for that!!

I shall try to look those out!

Thank you very much! :green:

:hug:

Hi Kirst

Congratulations on your new venture!

Your course provider should be able to provide a list of recommended reading material for you, I have loads of beauty books, some are NVQ level training but most are on individual treatments, these tend to be much more in depth.

I would start with the book that is covering the majority of the material on your course, Professional Beauty Therapy by Lorraine Nordman is a good place to start, they go from level one to three I think so that you can cover one level at a time.

Hope this helps, have fun hon!

Samantha

Sitting Pretty
Sitting Pretty Online

Hi Kirst

Congratulations on your new venture!

Your course provider should be able to provide a list of recommended reading material for you, I have loads of beauty books, some are NVQ level training but most are on individual treatments, these tend to be much more in depth.

I would start with the book that is covering the majority of the material on your course, Professional Beauty Therapy by Lorraine Nordman is a good place to start, they go from level one to three I think so that you can cover one level at a time.

Hope this helps, have fun hon!

Samantha

Sitting Pretty
Sitting Pretty Online

Thank you very much for your advice, Samantha! I shall look into that!

:hug:

Any books by Helen McGuinness. They are easy to follow, well laid out and are in simple English!! :lol:

You will be given/recommended a book to accompany your course but they invariably don't cover everything needed.

Other than that your best resource is US!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back