Skin tag help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDmakeup

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice about a skin tag I have.
At college I didn't do skin tag removal and being honest I really don't know too much about skin tags. I've had a skin tag on my underarm for a few years. It's the only one I have and it's never caused any problems. I've waxed, shaved etc and it's always been fine. I noticed this morning whilst getting ready that it had turned dark red(dried blood?) and now I'd say it's more black. I thought this meant that it would fall off but it's still attached the way it was and doesn't feel like it's going to come away. Don't know why it's changed colour as I haven't caught it with a razor or anything and if it had been cut or caught then it wouldn't be attached the way that it is.
Maybe this is totally normal but as i said I have no experience with skin tags so not sure. Do I just leave it or do something about it?
Omg just reading this over it sounds horrible lol so I'm sorry about my slightly gross post haha xx

I would be interested in this as my neighbour has exact same. Dr told her was a skin tag even though looked more like a mole and has now grown to about the size of a grape which she was told can happen BUT how can it be removed as very unsightly ??

My doctor just whips them off! I get them on my neck and had them fairly bad a couple years ago but only a couple now. Mine have always been really tiny but I would be conscious of them.
My nan had two on her face, one at top of her nose near brow and other just under her eye. They steadily got bigger and much darker and the doctor removed them for her very quickly with no marks left at all.

I know you can tie thread around them and they fall off, but I've never done this. I'm a bit squeamish about them.
Moosebat your friends ones sound exactly like my nans, easily removed if she goes doctor. Skin tags can be really big sometimes!

They can be easily and pain-free removed with electrolysis, which is the method I use in my salon (I trained with Sterex); this method is quick, instant and leaves no marks/scars.

Yep, check with your GP first and if they say it's fine to have it removed go and have it zapped with someone who's qualified, insured and LICENSED with their local council.

They are easily removed.

Years ago, I had my GP take a couple off for me at the same time as I had a couple moles removed.

I have also removed a couple of my own now I am "in the field".

My boyfriend has a really big one on his back. It makes me sick every time I touch it lol!!! I've been on at him for ages to get it removed. And on his neck he has one similar tithe one the OP is describing, I don't know if that one has always been there though.

I have a tiny one at my underarm and I think Im getting a tiny one on my neck. If they get any bigger I think I'll have them removed. They are sooo unsightly. And also my dog has developed one on his outer eyelid, anyone do dogs? Lol.

My son (9 years old) had one on his face and was being bullied. The doctor whipped it off in less than 5 minutes. After applying numbing cream the area was injected with anaesthetic and then the doctor heated a wire loop thing and off it came! No tears.

I learnt to remove them the sterex way. It's a similar needle for the electrolysis but a bit bigger and you sort of burn it off. Cut off the blood supply then loosen it and yank it off (not that horribly obviously!!) I'm sure it'll be fine just get it removed if you don't want it there :) x

Thanks for the replies. I'll maybe pop up to the doctors and see what he can do. I would just leave it as it's not very big but it's the fact that it had changed colour that had me a little worried.

I've just had a skin tag removed from
My bikini line. I have had it since birth but with waxing etc it got in the way. I made an appointment with the doctor and he literally tied a small piece of cotton around the base as tight as possible and within a week an a half it fell off - a lot of odd colours in the process mind!!

Well worth it I would say ;)

Just to add electrolysis is an excellent way to remove skin tags. It is quicker and more hygenic than getting a piece of cotton tied around it! I once removed over 50 from a clients neck over several sessions very successfully. If it has changed colour then always get it checked out by your GP.

Latest posts

Back