Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about trailing the 3 yr old. At our meeting if you go during the day there are loads of kiddies and they all play together. Give the leader a call first and see if its ok.

I wouldn't worry about trailing the 3 yr old. At our meeting if you go during the day there are loads of kiddies and they all play together. Give the leader a call first and see if its ok.

Ok! Ill try get my head round going to a class this week! My exercise levels are now really good but my diet is pretty poor hence the lack of weight loss recently!! Xxx

I rejoined this evening. I lost 2st a couple of years ago and really want to get the last little bit off for the summer. I don't follow their plan, I must admit, but like their creativeness in getting the most for your calories.

I don't go along with their concept of 'Free' food. To my mind, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch, they've all got calories in 'em! :D I do like a lot of their ideas, though, and just work out the calorie values for myself.

I like the discipline of being weighed every week, so fingers crossed that I can finally get to my target weight soon. Good luck everyone! :hug:

It's the dreaded weigh in tomorrow, standing in the queue wondering what clothing item I can remove, swearing, waiting to be told I've put on. Gulp, makes me feel like a naughty teenager! Salad for lunch tomorrow.x

How do people deal with evening meetings? Mine is 5.30pm until 7pm. I always tended to find I'd starve myself until after I'd been weighed, plus cutting down on my copious cuppas for a while beforehand. Used to make for a long, hungry day so, this time, I'm going to have a bit to eat throughout the day but still wait until after the group to eat my dinner.

Just two of my mugs of tea weigh around 1.5lbs, so the weight can escalate quite a bit by the time you're actually standing on those scales for your weekly moment of truth! :irked:

I used to eat & drink as normal during the day. And do it every single week so it won't make a difference to your overall loss. Starving/dehydrating yourself on one day will make you miserable and not do your metabolism any good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, I know. It's almost comical when you see people taking off their watches/rings in an effort to weigh their absolute lightest for their 'Weigh in!' :wink2:

I must admit I tend to starve myself on a weigh-in day, I know I shouldn't. Mines tonight at 6 but my husband is working late so I'll have to go to the 7.30 instead. That's a long day ahead trying to not eat anything heavy!

I must admit I tend to starve myself on a weigh-in day, I know I shouldn't. Mines tonight at 6 but my husband is working late so I'll have to go to the 7.30 instead. That's a long day ahead trying to not eat anything heavy!

If you can stomach it, which I can, try spreading slices of cold meats with extra light Laughing Cow cheese triangles. I add a chopped spring onion and a tiny bit of pickle, then roll them up into a sort of sausage shape. Quite nice, keeps the hungry wolf from the door and wont weigh you down! Just a suggestion .....

Hi ladies! Do any of you do slimming world online? I don't think I can get to classes locally without trailing my 3yr old with me but have 1 stone still to lose and I'm at a stand still! Not sure wether to try online membership? xxx

There are plenty of ladies who bring their little ones along with them to group, my consultant brings a toy box to entertain them.x

I take my 22 month old with me. With toys, snacks, apps/you tube on my phone I manage to keep her entertained.

I gained 1lb this week thanks to a cake binge sunday night. So 3st 6lb off in total & 12.5lb to target! 4

I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow have been bad lol x

Maybe it won't be as bad as you think. I know next week will be a bad one too as we're going away for the weekend & will be child free for 2 whole days & nights!

Went for a quick weigh and run tonight, got given my certificate for slimmer of the week last week- I didn't know as I couldn't stay!

Also lost 2.5lb this week so got my half stone award, total 8lb loss. Woohoo!!

It's weird as I can't believe I'm really losing weight but seeing the certificate I must be 😁 shall carry on, it's hard work though... 😷

It is hard work :( I fight everyday with myself over food..sad or what!

It is hard work :( I fight everyday with myself over food..sad or what!

So do I, and have done for over 20 years. It's so hard to lose weight and soo easy to put it on. Just before I got preg with my second I got down to my target with weightwatchers. It took me a few months. Took my scales on holiday and within 5 days I'd put on half a stone! So unfair :0(

:oI didn't go this morning!:o Not good, I know!

+1lb today :(

Not too bad if you've been naughty. On a naughty week I can easily gain 3 or 4 lbs!! And tut tut tonicj lol

Not too bad if you've been naughty. On a naughty week I can easily gain 3 or 4 lbs!! And tut tut tonicj lol

Yea wasn't too bad, hopefully have it off next week lol x

Latest posts

Back