Smelly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit

Reaction score
:confused:wot is the best way to extract fumes and smell when doing acrylics. I am currently just practising on a nail trainer at home but i end up stinking the house out. I get used to it but i think my husband doesnt like it and i wonder whether it may effect my dogs aswell. Any help would be much appreciated.:)

i use NSI products and they do an odourless liquid which is for UV acrylics - they do have small inexpensive bottles - yu could try that jus while practising? or yu can buy a small extractor fan but they bit more pricey!

oh p.s i have dogs too an i hav'nt noticed any effects but they boxers so they bit non normal anyway! but ur rite it does stink an when its cold outside not always practical to have windows open!

thanks. I thought of trying acrygel because that has no odour..but i havent heard a lot about it. I just want to do more practising but i try and do it when noone is in at the mo.
Ps. my dogs r loopy aswell so it is hard to tell...but my cat turns his nose up, sneezes and walks out.:eek:

i've not tried acrygel either so i couldnt advise on that, but i bought the nsi spa nail liquid as i say its odourless but yu need a uv lamp ... who do yu use anyway do they not do a odourless liquid? it'd be so much better if yu could get odourless dont want to really limit ur practising! unless yu can get yur hubbie to stay out or is he one of those selfish types that want to eat at home an stuff lol

good thread there ... another tip i do at home is as i have dogs i always use nappy bags as there poo bags when out but as theyre fragranced theyre ideal to put yur used wipes etc with a tight knot whether usin gel or acrylic an tesco do packs of cheap fragranced nappy bags

IMO there isn't anything you can use to 100% extract the odor of monomer. Even if you put your trash in a can with a lid, put things in a plastic bag, use a lid on your dish, etc. there will still be an odor because it is on your brush and you are using it. Best suggestion is to learn how to use odorless monomer or switch to a product line that is odorless. There are lots of great products out there that don't have an odor that work just as well as acrylic.

My husband used to moan about the vapours, but i perservered with it, and he has got used to the smell now,

It also helps to see the money i bring in from doing Liquid and powder...that shut him up :green:

Odourless monomer is usually higher on the sensitivity scale than 'traditional' monomer.
Remember that just because you can't smell the vapours doesn't mean they're not there!!!

Work smarter, use a little Scrubfresh (or similar) on a plastic backed pad when wiping your brush, put waste in a metal container with a self closing lid (plastic absorbs the smell!), don't use dry tissue to wipe your brush as not only does it smell more but it's a waste of monomer because of the absorbency.

Hope that helps a bit :green:

thanks for all your suggestions, ive been practising with attraction, so ill have a look for odourless and use that while i practise at home and get a monomer dispenser. thanks.:)

thanks for all your suggestions, ive been practising with attraction, so ill have a look for odourless and use that while i practise at home and get a monomer dispenser. thanks.:)

A monomer dispenser? Do you mean to keep your monomer in, or some sort of receptacle to put your rubbish, wipes, etc in after your service?

I ask as I didn't see any "monomer dispenser" mentioned in this thread. I know some people have tried putting monomer in a push-top plastic bottle (like an acetone dispenser) but because they are made from plastic and have an open top, the odours are not contained and are there all the time. This won't solve your problem.

i may have got it wrong but i thought i saw a glass dispencer at the wholesaler..but anyway i got some nsi spa monomer. This has worked a treat. thanks for all your tips.xx

Latest posts

Back