smile line cut in with a tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
have any of you seen how a smile line is done using a tip.from what I know the acrylic is placed on the nail,then a tip is used to drag the acrylic into shape,perfecting the smile line..does anyone know how to do this...

I have seen this before, exactly as you say. Place white acrylic to cover area for smile and a bit more, use a slightly larger tip to cut and drag product away to create a smile. Just as easy and cheaper (No need for tips) to do it as usual.
Sam

This method may give you a semblance of curve .. but it does not give you the crisp beautiful clean curve that we desire.

Quick fix methods seldom give the desired results .. just lower the standards.

Learn the techniques for doing the job right so you can do smiles that suit the individual rather than the same thing for all. You might as well apply 'stick ons' if you want the same result for all.

This method may give you a semblance of curve .. but it does not give you the crisp beautiful clean curve that we desire.

Quick fix methods seldom give the desired results .. just lower the standards.

Learn the techniques for doing the job right so you can do smiles that suit the individual rather than the same thing for all. You might as well apply 'stick ons' if you want the same result for all.
I don,t have a problem with applying my smiles in fact my smiles are pretty good,I had just heard about this method and was interested in knowing if anyone has done it. Its always good to have other ways of applying your acrylic apart form the way we were originally taught..I had always thought that this site was for questions related to all things nails,isn,t by asking questions the way we learn....the more we ask the more we learn

I don,t have a problem with applying my smiles in fact my smiles are pretty good,I had just heard about this method and was interested in knowing if anyone has done it. Its always good to have other ways of applying your acrylic apart form the way we were originally taught..I had always thought that this site was for questions related to all things nails,isn,t by asking questions the way we learn....the more we ask the more we learn

:) Ask away .. of course ... I thought I had answered with my opinion ... I hope that is allowed on the site too ?:) .

I think I would make things soo much harder for myself doing it this way, plus waste tips! someone will have tried it, but I don't fancy it. I wonder if it would 'drag' the acrylic near the smile and make it blurry? Hope someome replies saying they have tried it, it would be interesting to hear about. Not for me though... as the say in the dragons den.... 'Not for me... I'm out!' lol

I,m pretty sure that I read about it on the proffesional beauty site. remember ,I think it was Bernadette peters (i think thats her name)anyway she had said that she did it in competition.But don,t quote me on it.iT was a while ago..and my memeory is not what it used to be..

:) Ask away .. of course ... I thought I had answered with my opinion ... I hope that is allowed on the site too ?:) .
:) We each have an opinion..but it doesn.t necessarily mean that we all have to agree ..:) besides think how boring it would be....

I,m pretty sure that I read about it on the proffesional beauty site. remember ,I think it was Bernadette peters (i think thats her name)anyway she had said that she did it in competition.But don,t quote me on it.iT was a while ago..and my memeory is not what it used to be..

Me neither chick! I think if I was spot on with my nails it would be worth a try, but i'm not right now. My memory is sooo shocking tooo lmao

not only do I need memory lessons I think I should go for spelling lessons as well..lol..

Have you read it?:)
It's a link to a previous thread.

Have you read it?:)
It's a link to a previous thread.
Judy when I click on it ,it takes me back to the home page...I don,t know which thread it is...

Judy when I click on it ,it takes me back to the home page...I don,t know which thread it is...

I don't know mate, it works for me. Maybe a mod can help? Anyone else have this problem?

Just found the thread.Thanks Judy.. and it was Vicki Peters from beauty tech not Bernadette peters..at least I had the last name right....It would be a great tool for the beginner,I can imagine it would help the beginner with correct placement of the smile...if that makes sense,I wish I had seen something like this It would of saved me about 1 million tips that I used and threw away...

I did try this once, but it just dragged my white down into zone two ...
I think its much more faffy around that the "normal" way of doing smile lines

Plus i think even if it did work , i probably wouldn't do it anyway. i liked (and still do) the challenge of getting things right ...the harder the better for me ..
that feeling when you finally have cracked it ! beats chocolate :)

i just learned this method the other day, as i do agree you should know how to sculpt for some clients this method is a little faster. you aplly white evenly across top of free edge makin sure smooth and straight across, then take a tip size appropriate to nali and bend the well section a little, i go from free edge if tip and bend almost like a form. and then dip tip in monomer getting tip naice and wet and then plunging into acrylic carving out smile. then use brush to tidy up line and tuck under. hope this helps :)

i just learned this method the other day, as i do agree you should know how to sculpt for some clients this method is a little faster. you aplly white evenly across top of free edge makin sure smooth and straight across, then take a tip size appropriate to nali and bend the well section a little, i go from free edge if tip and bend almost like a form. and then dip tip in monomer getting tip naice and wet and then plunging into acrylic carving out smile. then use brush to tidy up line and tuck under. hope this helps :)

Sounds like a great way to over expose the client to excess monomer!! One of the most basic teachings is never to use monomer without polymer. Never clean around the nail with a brush dipped solely in monomer and I would think this 'method' if you can call it that sounds no better.

As for being faster ... I bet I could sit next to someone doing this method and wipe the floor with them doing it the skillful way. Id have three nails done by the time the tech had waited for the product to start to set before dipping into her neat monomer and carving into the product.

For crumbs sake, why don't people just learn to do the job with some professional skill. :rolleyes:

Here's a really easy way....do a course with your chosen company and learn to sculpt a nail properly. Within no time you will be able to do the job quickly and without any overexposure issues.

Latest posts

Back