Smile Lines with White Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampoll0406

Reaction score
Hi there

I am new to this and I am doing a course with Essential Nails, I have been trying to use white gel to create a smile line but I just can't get it straight has anyone got ant fantastic tips to help me achieve the perfect smile line. Please help getting really anoyed with myself.

Thanks

Sam

Personally, I make a "V" first and then fill in the pointy part of the "V" to make a smoothe smile line

Apply your gel, and then "sweep" it with a flat brush to create a crisp smile line - takes a bit of practice to get it even. You may want to sweep, and then cure for 10 secs one nail at a time, and then when one hand completed completely cure whole hand.

I've adapted my own application of the white gel.

Use two brushes.

With the first brush apply the white gel in a 'general' smile line - don't worry about it being lopsided or even straight.

Using the other brush that is wiped with sanitiser, slowly swipe under the smile line thus making a lovely curve. Wipe the brush again ready for the next nail.

Voila superb smiles :D

As above post i do the same,,,
Apply smile best you can then neaten up with a brush dipped in scrubfresh (or whatever you use) holding brush so it facing you and using the tip of it gently sweep excess away and you are left with perfect smile! :D

I apply white tip gel with a nail art dotting tool. Pick up a blob?! of gel and place it in the centre of the smile line. Work the gel out to one side then lift the tool, go back to the centre and work the gel out to the other side. Pick up more gel if needed and fill in the rest of the tip using swirling movements. Cure one finger at a time to stop the gel from shrinking back. I was taught to use this method, never used a brush for this, and always get great smile lines. Hope this helps.

Love Shellie
XX

the same as most people here i think!
i paint on the white gel slightly beneath the smile line, then use the steriliser on a clean brush to wipe excess away to make a good smile line!

Helen x

I also use the wiping technique, but i find that extreme whites sometimes run and i end up with a 'wavy' smile line. So i usually apply the white a second time and just keep at it until it's perfectly straight.

To all of you that have posted on the subject of smile lines :biggrin: .....
can I ask do you use a white builder gel or a thinner white gel? Which do you prefer and why?

Kind Regards
Lou x

plaoh said:
To all of you that have posted on the subject of smile lines :biggrin: .....
can I ask do you use a white builder gel or a thinner white gel? Which do you prefer and why?

Kind Regards
Lou x

Just thought I'd bump this back up.

I've had an awful two weeks, can't seem to do a perfect smile line :cry: and getting more angry and frustrated at myself.
I'm starting to have nightmares that my pot of white gel is chasing me....... ;) :twisted: :lol:

I too do the smile line as best as i can then sweep with another brush to try and get it right although i like the idea of using the dotting tool so will try that next time!

I use the NSI Balance Gels and found their white a little dull i love to have bright whites and so ppurchased the Extreme White colour gel from NSI x

i use brisa by cnd, the white is lovely and bright and it does not run as much as others i have tried therefore the line stays crisp. i do 2 fingers then cure on 10 second timer to lock in place while doing the others to stop the gel from moving. i hope this helps :)

can u use the scrubfresh trick with L&P to neaten up the line or just gel??

as far as i know you cant. if you want to neaten your smile when using l&p just wet your brush a little bit in your liquid (make sure its not too wet or it will run down he sides and is a risk of over exposure) and it will do the same job as the scrub fresh on gel (as long as your acrylic is still workable) then hey presto perfect crisp smile lines!

Hi there...
I use LCN but the principle of french application is just the same.
Generally, I use a thick white builder gel applied with a short pointed brush evenly over the tip (keep brush upright) I then use a flat brush wiped on a cotton pad - i do not wipe it with cleaner or sanitiser as this can leave a cloudy effect under the sealant/ top coat, and sweep from sidewall to sidewall. Keep your arm and wrist relaxed and make one long sweep with your brush, I then proceed with clear gel application.

Alternatively, after the clear sculpture gel has been buffed and finished, I use a very thin resin (LCN FM Colour). I pick up a small amount on a dotting tool and "draw" my french on....you can still sweep with the brush if it is not perfect.

Sometimes if you "sweep" a lot of your white gel off you can get a slight bump or ridge where it has been pushed back....this is easily rectified by gently pulling it back towards the free edge.

Hope this helps!!
Clare x

Well I had a customer pop in for a couple of nail repairs tonight and feel alot better about the white gel ;)

Thank you for the tip concerning the swirling of the gel over the tip, much easier to cover the nail with less gel :D . Also changed to a square brush as suggested and have at last found the perfect smiles again ;) I was using a pointed brush (thought it would make sweeping easier :irked: ).

This learning curve just keeps on curving! :D :hug:

Latest posts

Back