Smile Lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, I have been following tutorials on smile lines and practising like crazy but still cant get it. Would it be ok to pre blend my tip and apply, file down the bulk of the tip and leave the bit of lip that is attached to the natural nail so that I can follow the guideline of the pre blended part of the well. Would doing it this way affect the enhancement at all. I know it wouldn't be advisable on nail biters. Hope this makes sense
David

Perfect way to get it right David.

The main thing when you use this technique is to make sure that there is enough product at zone 2 including where it joins zone one at the free edge line/smile line.

If the nail breaks, this is where it will break right off which .... is a good thing because you can sculpt a new tip right back on if necessary and a break like this is clean and causes nil trauma to the natural nail. Naturally we don't want breaks as a regular occurance, but my point is to explain that better this type of breakage than others which occur higher up the nail. x

Thank you so much Geeg, been using my ultra sculptor and I love it. It feels so much more comfortable in my hands (BIG) and talk about smooth finish.

Love David

Hi David,

Nice to put a face to the name on Sunday!!
For practicing my smile lines, I bought some 'French fin tips' from NSI.

Practice, practice practice! Sure I'll get there in the end!!!:)

Debz xxx

I have used white tips to use them as a guide to get your smiles better. i still put white L&P over the top, thinly, but it means i practise my smiles, they are all consistent and i get good practise. Not so scarey.

Jaydee said:
Hi All, I have been following tutorials on smile lines and practising like crazy but still cant get it. Would it be ok to pre blend my tip and apply, file down the bulk of the tip and leave the bit of lip that is attached to the natural nail so that I can follow the guideline of the pre blended part of the well. Would doing it this way affect the enhancement at all. I know it wouldn't be advisable on nail biters. Hope this makes sense
David

Hi David, this is the way I ALWAYS do my smile lines, hell I'm sure they would look like a map of the coast of the UK if not! J xx

Hi David
If you want to practice smile lines that are deeper try an Ez perfection tip pre-tailor it and then go over and follow the deep smile with your L&P, I personally find it helps enormously! LIZ ( met you on Ez stand at excel when having one of my nails done by Antony) Look after yourself, and good luck with the smile lines.

Thanks for all your tips and advise. I have got some nails on now that Ruth is going to take a pic for me and post up for me. Thanks Ruthie.x

David

See ya tomorrow David............... it a pleasure to help some one that is 1. a nice person, 2. a fab Technician and 3. one that is so dedicated...............
Huggs babe xxxxx

Latest posts

Back