Snakeskin nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitter tips

Reaction score
I kniw there is a couple of threads on here about snakeskin nails and some of the prices being charged flying about is around the £65 per nail price but realisticly what would you charge?
I've done some on my niece who loves them and put a pic on my FB page but i've not yet decided what to charge. Any thoughts?

Did you use real snakeskin?

How long did they take you to do?

yes, my niece keeps snakes. It took about 1 hour to 1 hour 30, it was my first attempt so quite chuffed, once the initial feeling of being grossed out passed i was fine, it feel s very silky like, and i found that i has to use darker patches to get a good look, i've tried to put a pic up on here but you can have a look on my FB page - Twinkle Tips, Mobile Nails By Alison | Facebook

yes, my niece keeps snakes. It took about 1 hour to 1 hour 30, it was my first attempt so quite chuffed, once the initial feeling of being grossed out passed i was fine, it feel s very silky like, and i found that i has to use darker patches to get a good look, i've tried to put a pic up on here but you can have a look on my FB page - Twinkle Tips, Mobile Nails By Alison | Facebook

Wow I think you've done a great job and you did that in record time!!

Not sure how much you should charge, but I agree with you that 65 pounds per nail is a bit OTT!

Of course not all of us have a snake to hand and would have to buy the skin, so you should allow for that.

Wow they look fab, well done. How much would your customers realistically pay? I think if I was to get this done to me I would pay €80 for all ten nails as a once off. But that's just me some people might pay more. Also that's just me pulling a number off the top of my head, if I seen it cost €120 then I suppose I would just think that's the price. I definitely would not pay 65 pounds per nail.

Just a quick thought/question...do you wash the skin beforehand or something?

Something I seem to remembering learning in college was that reptiles have salmonella on their skin...i'm not even sure if you can wash snake skin? once it's been shed its usually dry and fragile no?

Just thoughts..please put me straight if i'm way off!

how would you infill these?

I don't think it would be possible to infill these, probably just file and redo:) Since I saw this post I have actually thought about advertising for snake skin from someone that keeps them. You could probably lay them carefully in a sanitizing solution beforehand. I would do these with gelish structure so that they can soak off.

glitter tips your nail work is great! where can i get snake skin from and how much would it roughly cost?

I washed mine in hibiscus scrub, my friend has snakes so let me have a shedded skin, I struggled to get them to stop curling up on the edges as the gel cures so have been doing them as tips

This is the first attempt so I'm it 100% happy with them!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330117885.384757.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330117885.384757.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 482
My brother in law showed me his recent shedding and its a milky white colour, what could i use to change the colour?

My brother in law showed me his recent shedding and its a milky white colour, what could i use to change the colour?

You could put a coloured gel under the layer if snake skin x

That is so awesome, i wish guys could wear nails! I'd so do the snake skin!! :)

I couldn't find them on your FB page but I must say I love your work! You're amazing!!!!!!

Omg my friend has just said her snake has shread and I can have it to have a play with shellac ok so ideas how would this be done ??? Arrrghhhh so excited

Hello ladies, I was intrigued by this and as my friend has snakes thought I would have a go and they look amazing!!!!! Im just wondering if there would be and health implication and how I would sterilise the skin. Also what do you think should be charged for this service? I have found that you get the best effect on shellac silver or xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339409541.119128.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339409541.119128.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 145
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339409556.664012.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339409556.664012.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 138
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339409570.703421.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339409570.703421.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 220
Me again just a little note I also found if you get the ski. From a smaller snake you get more of a pattern. :) xx

Latest posts

Back