So disappointed with the quality of OPI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use opi and haven't had a problem with them as yet. I love the opi colours x

I have found several of the Pirates of the Caribbean colors to be streaky, but the quality of OPI is still undeniable.

I've got 3 or 4 of the Pirates collection as well as about 25 other opi polishes and find them absolutely fine. I also love the Rapid Dry top coat.

I have had a problem with a couple of colours looking 'streaky' but tbh that was probably down to me and/or my expectations rather than the polish itself.

Mermaid's Tears was the biggest one as far as streaking on the first coat. 2nd coat covered it right up, though.

I think I've come to expect beautiful coverage on the first coat from OPI polishes. As long as the 2nd coat does the job, and it does, I need to stop complaining. I shall.

I'm a die-hard OPI fan!

I read an article back in November that Coty was going to buy OPI. I wonder if that buy out actually took place?

I can tell you that some polishes in the Texas collection are very thin, but they were designed like that..."jellies." But I know what you mean, OPI was known for their thick consistency and ability to cover in one coat. I've noticed the consistency of some are thinner than they use to be.

I converted to opi and have to say i love it but i do agree about the texas collection though i did have to use 3 coats on the brighter colours to get a nice deep colour [you could just do two but it was a bit wishy washy for me] but apart from that i havent had any problems and i use all there mani and pedi products and have about 60 polishes I certainly wouldent change to anyone else :) But everyone has there own opinion :)

I have about 80 of the OPI colours and absolutely love them. My clients love them too.

The only problem i've ever had is getting them off a month later, they have lasted that well on pedicures :)

I'm not a fan of OPI much rather use jessicas:)

Opi with lumos top and base coat !!!! Fabulous !! Can't go wrong x

I agree, love OPI but prefer Lumos to their base & top coats, although Rapid dry top coat combined with Rapid dry spray is also good.

I absolutely love OPI nail polishes, the quality is amazing and I love the thicker brush. I went for a trade test yesterday, they use ESSIE and I must say I am not a big fan of it, I really didn't like the thin brush it has.

.... they use ESSIE and I must say I am not a big fan of it, I really didn't like the thin brush it has.

I like Essie but choose not to use it because of the thin brush. OPI's brush is perfect for us professionals....3 swipes on the nail, one across the free edge...done.

O.P.I is totally amazing if you use it properly. Some colours need a thicker second coat but its not a problem.
As for chipping the next day, if this is happening to anyone then this is you not applying it or not carrying out your prep properly!

Yes, I agree there are a few colours where you have to apply one of the coats slightly more thicker than the others, but this is the case for different brands of polishes which I have ever used.

Overall, OPI polishes have a good depth of pigment and are none streaky.
If you are overly concerned, contact Lena White.

Has anyone found the brush coming away from the lid on opi polish? I've had about 5-6 do it and it's so annoying!

Has anyone found the brush coming away from the lid on opi polish? I've had about 5-6 do it and it's so annoying!

yep. super annoying.

oh i was just going to put a order in to start and use there polishes ,im a bit put off now.i though they had a good right up.:confused:

Same :( x

I dont like OPI either, i'm still training and didnt have a clue which polishes to buy so i bought a few from The Edge (which are pap) and some OPI including the crackle. I am going to have to bin the crackle as its sooo thick. I now buy china glaze which is much better ;-)

I've just bought some 2 OPI polishes to try, I mainly have Orly. I like them both. Will look into getting the lumos base and top coat due to good feed back on here x

Nice to know! I called them and they said never had any complaints. Thought it was just me maybe being rough! Lol

I have found that OPI are the best...and have only had streaking from one colour; second honeymoon. That one is a pale pink, and I do not like it! But the rest are AMAZING!They look amazing with just one coat, and they last so long.

Are you using their top and bottom coat? I use their natural nails base coat, and their rapid dry top. My manicures are lasting 6-7 days with them. x

I love china glaze I think it's fantastic and so do
My clients I have a lady who has a pedi every 4 weeks and does nothing in-between and sometimes there is no chipping or only a v v small amout just base coat 2 coats and top coat love it xx

Latest posts

Back