So excited! CND course booked!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like sweet Stacey I am also doing the complete course, mine is a little more spread out though, this means although some subjects may be harder to get through I have time to revise them before I start the next section.
I agree with Stacey, it does benefit you doing the theory first - little light bulbs go on all the time when you get to the practical.
The kit with the course is fab BUT it won't stop you spending more because you want more of the goodies!:lol:
I do totally recommend this course [and I'm only half way through] but I do feel confidant in what i have learnt so far and although I am still practicing can provide answers to questions[asked by my victims!], which helps with my confidence.
Personally I want to carry on learning as much as I can, but I do feel that when i finish this course I will be a safe and competent nail technician.

Lol no worries, always good to ask questions.

Emm, L&P is taught first since it is the harder one out of the two enhancement services to learn, but emm..nah I think it's managable. Theres
like 2 weeks gap between learning L&P and learning gel so you have plenty time to practice.

It really depends on how quick you are on the uptake if ya know what I mean. I learn things pretty quick and am eager to learn so I find it managable, but then others might not.

You'll be fine, you'll love the course if you decide to do it, SO worth the money.

Like sweet Stacey I am also doing the complete course, mine is a little more spread out though, this means although some subjects may be harder to get through I have time to revise them before I start the next section.
I agree with Stacey, it does benefit you doing the theory first - little light bulbs go on all the time when you get to the practical.
The kit with the course is fab BUT it won't stop you spending more because you want more of the goodies!:lol:
I do totally recommend this course [and I'm only half way through] but I do feel confidant in what i have learnt so far and although I am still practicing can provide answers to questions[asked by my victims!], which helps with my confidence.
Personally I want to carry on learning as much as I can, but I do feel that when i finish this course I will be a safe and competent nail technician.

The kit is fab isn't it?! Definately can't stop buying more stuff though lol..I keep the catalogue out of sight..its dangerous! :p

I don't think we'll ever stop learning tbh...constantly new things for us to latch onto.

Totally agree with feeling like a safe and competent nail tech.

Thanks ladies, it's really good to hear such positive feedback.

What does the kit include? And do you need to provide a model, as I think this coud potentially be a major problem for me as my nearest training will be quite a long way from where I live.

Thanks ladies, it's really good to hear such positive feedback.

What does the kit include? And do you need to provide a model, as I think this coud potentially be a major problem for me as my nearest training will be quite a long way from where I live.

Everything you need for each service..you get in your kit. Literally everything..all you need to take with you to the course is a pen and paper lol.

And yes you will need models througout your course. But, depending on how big your class is..your tutor MAY be able to provide models for you. If not, you can always advertise for models on here...don't ask where I couldnt tell you that one.

Hey guys, just an update...bit of a late one but anyway..

I'm almost finished my course now, I've done Manicure/Pedicure, SpaManicure/Pedicure, Shellac, Polish, tipping and L&P...only got Brisa left to do then i'm done training.

I'm confident in everything so far, except L&P as expected, I done my first hand of L&P on my model on thursday and got great feedback from my tutor so I have hope for myself yet!

I've loved the course so far, both theory and practical...I come away from training days full of knowledge and support from my tutor. Every time I finish models nails now, I always think "God, I love this job!"

Like i've mentioned in other threads, I'm not a girly girl what so ever, (and to be honest, I feel slightly out of place with all the glamourous girls in the salon im training with), but I'm surprised how well i'm doing with this and how much I enjoy it, as is my mum.

I'm quite sad it's almost over.

Hey ... Don't be sad ... :green: it's never ever over!!

Hehe, glad to hear it geeg!

Need to thank you, geeg for letting me know that there was an educator in Inverness..otherwise I would never have been able to do this :) Love love LOVE it!

Hehe, glad to hear it geeg!

Need to thank you, geeg for letting me know that there was an educator in Inverness..otherwise I would never have been able to do this :) Love love LOVE it!
So glad, Stacey.

Sweetystacey, what was the name of the course u signed up for with Cnd?

I'm doing my Brisa conversion in EXACTLY 48 days and I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm doing my Brisa conversion in EXACTLY 48 days and I CAN'T WAIT!

Exciting! :D Can't tell you what the Brisa class is like..i'll tell you next week ;)

Ok, finished my Brisa gel training today, guys! Nothing bad to say about it, just as informative as the rest of the course, alot of the same stuff involved as in L&P (filing technique, prep etc..)

Done my first full set of gel enhancements today..4 hours 40mins would u believe!..oh well, im pleased with them anyway, as is my tutor.

Only thing I found was a bit of a pain in the bum was the fact that I had *all the time in the world* to play around with the gel before curing it, a privellage I don't have with L&P..I was taking advantage of the play time too much.

Doing my first set of acrylics on saturday..don't think i'm gonna enjoy doing those as much, now i've done gels tbh! But we'll see..

After taking and completing the Stonebridge nail technician theory course and realising that the 3 day practical at Carlton Institute isn't suitable for me...I knew I must take proper training and I was toing and froing between training with NSI and CND.

I initially wanted to train with CND after hearing people rave about their systems time and time again on here but the location of the training centre was my stumbling block since its about a 5 hour drive for me..and I don't even drive!

Soo..again..on here, I seen geeg mention about a CND educator in Inverness so I contacted the educator a couple weeks ago and I am now booked onto the CND Complete course with her!

I hate to say it was sooo expensive (paid for it today) BUT I know it will be worth it, you get what you pay for and all that. Can't wait! :) :)
So jealous!
Would sooooo do CND courses only my hubby's banned me from spending anymore money on training. :cry:

Aw, party pooper! They're soo worth the money though.

Aw, party pooper! They're soo worth the money though.

I know. Stupid husband.
It will happen though, I always get my own way eventually! He he he!

I'll just make him a lovely meal, a cake..... A few glasses of wine later and the invoice will just float down in front of him!

I have it all planned out!

I know. Stupid husband.

I'll just make him a lovely meal, a cake..... A few glasses of wine later and the invoice will just float down in front of him!

Muaha, deliciously evil..quite literally ;)

I like your style! Go for it hun, won't regret it! I've loved every minute of this course, worth every penny.

I know. Stupid husband.

This sounds so like me.

I let him get his new puppy - I get my weekend in Germany (still to have) although I may change that for some CND courses.

I let him get something he keeps asking for then I play the 'ah but you got what you wanted' card job done lol.

The course sounds great. I think I will have to try CND too.

I would love to train with CND. Do you get the product training certificate at the end of the day? Is the kit included in the course fee?

Latest posts

Back