So how musical are your little pinkies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just reading through a peeps profile I came across her hobby ....a saphone player

This is just my most favorite of instraments and got me thinking....I wonder just how many peeps play musical instraments ??

Are you musicaly minded and if so do you still play ?

So your opertunity to come forward and be heard ...so to speak lol

Maybe if enough come forward we could start a salon geek orcestra...if not so may maybe at least a rock band :eek::lol:

As for me im not overly musically skilled and my only claim to fame is playing the bugel when in the boy's bregade which in latter years in life at new years eve after a bit to much wine an antique french hunting horn comes out and great attemts at playing the last post inveriably lead to clearing the room :lol::lol:

I can play the violin and guitar, not to any great standard but I can tag along!:D
what tunes are we playing?

I'm a trumpet player and singer. Have a degree and masters in music and also PGCE. Was until I started in this industry, musical director for the Isle of Man. Xx

I'm a trumpet player and singer. Have a degree and masters in music and also PGCE. Was until I started in this industry, musical director for the Isle of Man. Xx

Wow thats amazing :hug:

Maybe you could get me in on an audition with me french hunting horn with your old contacts then :eek::lol::lol:

I played the flute many moons ago it, but apart from having a quick try of a friends daughters abut 2 years ago I haven't touched one in over 20 years.

I sing in a choir, we do 4-part harmonies and have just done 3 performances this weekend .... I absolutely love it, it's my "thing" that I do just for me...... don't know if that counts though :)

I sing in a choir, we do 4-part harmonies and have just done 3 performances this weekend .... I absolutely love it, it's my "thing" that I do just for me...... don't know if that counts though :)

perfect:hug:

:idea:Youve just been nominated as lead singer in the SG gig at the royal albert hall on Xmas eve :lol::lol:

mmm now all we need is a drummer ,a keyboard ,a.......:lol::lol:

I can play guitar a bit and have just been bought a ukelele can play a mean recorder too :)

I play violin, both classical and folk (in my spare time I play for a border/bedlam morris side). Here's a video of the latest tune I've learnt (from the forthcoming Hobbit film); I picked it up be ear this morning and quickly recorded before going to work so its not perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKQLxmZ69bM

I can play guitar a bit and have just been bought a ukelele can play a mean recorder too :)

Ahh thats great...but can you do it while bombing down the fast lane on the M1 on your motorbike whilst balancing a scotch egg on your nose :wink2:

Now that would be clever :eek::lol::lol:

I play woodwind instruments - my first instrument was bassoon, then I learnt the clarinet, the saxophone, flute and today I just found out I passed my grade 8 oboe (started playing a year ago today!) :))

I also help run a youth marching band in my "spare" time, and in that I play tuned percussion. So yeah - I do a lot of music!!!

I played guitar, keyboard and drums! Wish i really stuck into it though i really loved playing them.
My OH is a grade 1 bagpiper try having to listen to that every night! Lol.
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ahh thats great...but can you do it while bombing down the fast lane on the M1 on your motorbike whilst balancing a scotch egg on your nose :wink2:

Now that would be clever :eek::lol::lol:

Yes I could do that,but i definitely couldn't learn the music from the Hobbit and get it recorded before breakfast like Martin ..that's impressive.

Yes I could do that,but i definitely couldn't learn the music from the Hobbit and get it recorded before breakfast like Martin ..that's impressive.

It's surprisingly quite a simple tune! I'm supposed to working on a dull Intermezzo for my lesson on Monday, but after some chromatic scales and practicing my Wohlfahrt study I decided to play something I fancied learning - I'm easily distracted! I try to get an hour in before I leave for work, then another hour or so in the day, then an hour or so in the evening. If I had my way I'd play all day!!!

I can play the recorder! Lol x

I had alto sax lessons every week for 12 years, up until 4 years ago.

Note I am not saying I play the sax......but I had wonderful fun each week; he played the piano and I tried to do my bit on the sax!

Wow I'm impressed, I could be a backing dancer :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Wow I'm impressed, I could be a backing dancer :) xx

mmm but can you dance :wink2:

audition at 5.30m pm in kings arms hotel just up the road from you ...bring your own tap shoes :wink2::lol::lol:

and by the way...the beers are on you :wink2:

Haha well I think I can dance but people seem to say different.
;-) x

A couple of glasses of wine and I can dance, think I can sing a bit too ;)

Seriously I can play bass guitar and i can shout yo! Now and again am I in?

Lol

Latest posts

Back