So upset by this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but are you sure your 'volunteer' is the only culprit? Could anyone else get to the money? Did she know you were actually charging?

It would be awful if this person was innocent especially as she is a client as well. I think I would say something to her directly . It would be awful if it came from someone else and you know how these school mums like to gossip :).

Plus, it will play on your mind forever and if you're anything like me, I would just blurt it out one day and upset everyone involved. I think it's better to get to the bottom of it now, don't let it brew. If it is her, she may well not admit to it, but she'll have to live with the guilt.

Nobody could get to money other than me, she knew the prices as she was told and they were listed.

Good grief!! £200!!! I really feel for you. You try and do a good deed and some scoundrel ruins it. I doubt you'll get your money back. She sounds hard faced to me. How is she going to admit to taking it now without the whole school knowing what she's done?

What gets me is that I just can't understand how people can steal from others like that without feeling guilty!

Does your gut instinct tell you that this woman is capable of such criminal activity? It's terrible being robbed but even worse to be accused of it if you're innocent. To be accused of stealing £200 is quite something....very serious really.

Put it down to experience. You have to be so careful don't you? I've learnt a lesson from reading this thread. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope Karma gets the cow. Put a lottery on this week, you never know, karma might be looking in your favour. :hug::hug:

Last edited:
I've not accused anyone directly but just let her know what's been going on to which she's been very defensive and now canceled her booking for tomorrow.
There are many small facts that I've not listed on this thread that would make anyone question her.
I am taking it as a crap experience and next time I'll just manage in own

I am also sorry this has happened. Its such a shame when someone messes up what was supposed to be a great day for everyone. Especially since you were helping not only your child but hers. Shame on that awful woman. If she didn't do it then why did she cancel? Acting guilty seems like.

Once I volunteered for a single moms group thing were they get oil changes, hair cuts etc.. at my parents church. I was giving mani's and had all brand new nail China glaze polish. Well the church didn't take me seriously the begain bring children to "help me" and I found out they actully wanted me to babysit. People started bringing more and more children to the table because the didn't want to watch there children. Polish went missing, birchwood sticks, nippers it was awful. They thought I was one big babysiting joke pretty much. The mani's were for the mother's so I was so angrey, I didn't see the kids playing with the hairdresser's scissors or combs.

Never again will I ever volunteer for something like that again, I never got a thanks or anything. It cost me a lot of money and I got no thanks in return.

Oh god £200!!
Sounds more suss now she has cancelled her appointment tomorrow too!
Go with your gut, it doesn't normally let you down.
It sounds like the CCTV & police route are the best options.
Fingers crossed she "accidentally finds some money in her coat pocket" x

I think I'm just a bit hard faced but I'd just say to her face "the tin was locked and I don't take any money from you at the end of the event so I'm wondering where my £200 is from the work that you voulenteered to do" then once it's taken "please don't call me for an appointment in future, I don't know what else may go missing".

Don't let it go! If you can't say the above to her make sure you have loose change in your pocket every time you pick your child up and make sure it rattles a lot when she's near or make a comment to another mum close to her along the lines of "keep your bag shut, you don't know what sticky fingers are about", your only being a Good Samaritan after all and making sure her property is secured.

I agree with previous posters about taking your own assistant in future, train a friend or family member up for a few days so you know they are of a standard you want and know they are trustworthy. Take 2 tins, one that has a lock and you can both have a key for takings and another locked one with a slot in the top for "donations" that you can add to the money given to school. X

Something loke this happened ti me before. Only it was the gm at the salon i worked for and she covered everything up. She conned the police officer that I spoke with and she even managed to have the company cover the incident up by telling me the monitor screen went out right when they were watching the incident. Good grief. I wished I went by my gut. She was acting real defensive at the time too.

I was asked to do a glitter stand at my child's school fair which I did and I was utterly rushed off my feet so one of the mums was asked by the school to help me out.
The long and short of it my cash and the amount of tattoos done dont tally up with cash taken so it looks like its been pocketed :0( I've no solid proof but do have lots of minor facts that tally in. It was a fair old whack and I'm utterly heart broken by this.
I was meant to be donating toward the school but now haven't really even covered my costs

Any new updates on what you did and what happened?

Latest posts

Back