Solar Oil.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mingy

Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering how people 'sell' solar oil to their clients.
I know its a good conditioning tratment for the nails and helps the curing process, is there anything else?? i dont really know what to say?!

Thanks.

anyone????

im finding it hard to convince people this is a worthwhile product and not that im just trying too sell something!:cry:

Solar Oil is defo something that sells itself imo

I recommend it to all new clients but my existing clients all know how wonderful and essential it is on a daily basis and all have a couple bottles on the go at any one time.

Its all about educating your clients when they come to you and they will see your passion and faith you have in the products you use and so it will come second nature to them to want to prolong thier sets between services hence the purchase of some Solar Oil.

Then there are always the types that dont want to know and think its another cost but I find its all about the types of clientelle you attract too.

How do you find 'selling' as a whole?Do you feel embaressed about talking about your products and recommending things?
Sometimes its all down to confidence and that just comes with time :)

hth hun xxxx

I saw/heard a good way of explaining it just recently ask your client if they condition their hair, more than likely they will say "Yes" in which case youcan reply that they should be conditioning their nails (enhancements and natural) in the same manner:)

I have the same problem, I love solar oil but am a terrible sales person!!:lol:
could do with a list of benefits that I could memorise as i run out of things to say!!

I tell them how fantastic it is and that it feeds the nail helping it grow strong and healthy how it helps keep the enhancement looking good and lasting longer, how it is good for the cuticle and helps repair any nicks hth :)

Solar oil

A blend of 4 ingredients:
Jojoba oil, deeply penetrates (even through nail enhancements) right through the natural nail plate - pulls the other ingredients with it.
Sweet almond oil, a truly fantastic conditioning oil
Rice bran oil, brilliant moisturising qualitys
Vitamin E, seeks out and fights free radicals (which break down skin/nail cells)

Basically (in a nut shell) it's one of the most powerful anti aging oils you can get your hands on. Not just for natural nails, but also skin.

Water absorbs quickly, but dehydrates when it evaporates just as quickly. Solar oil will form a barrier in the surface, allowing the body to moisturise from the inside out, without evaporation occuring.

Nail enhancments, Solar oil will fill all the micro channels, stopping water from getting in then evaporating out (which causes brittleness) In effect it will keep your enhancements supple and strong, they will last longer and look better...

Would you like to grab a bottle while your here??

Solar oil

Jojoba oil, deeply penetrates (even through nail enhancements) right through the natural nail plate - pulls the other ingredients with it.
Vitamin E, seeks out and fights free radicals (which break down skin/nail cells)

Basically (in a nut shell) it's one of the most powerful anti aging oils you can get your hands on. Not just for natural nails, but also skin.

Water absorbs quickly, but dehydrates when it evaporates just as quickly. Solar oil will form a barrier in the surface, allowing the body to moisturise from the inside out, without evaporation occuring.

Nail enhancments, Solar oil will fill all the micro channels, stopping water from getting in then evaporating out (which causes brittleness) In effect it will keep your enhancements supple and strong, they will last longer and look better...

Well that sold me. Since I havent looked into it, I didnt know what it was all about. Im going to have to see if I can find it now :)

Solar oil

Excellant, I knew I read somewhere it was good for skin too, shall have to get some bigger bottles in:lol::lol:

I have the price of a pinky bottle included in the price of a new set. Then I give them the speech about "Conditioning your nails is just a part of daily maintenance, just like conditioning your hair, or sending your best dress to the cleaners."
All have come back and purchased full size bottles save for a select few.

Solar oil

FABULOUS, thank you so much for sharing this it's just the help I was looking for too :Love:
Claire

Also, I would recomend investing in a pack of pinkies and giving as a gift to all new clients.

I have also got an aftercare leaflet with details of the retail sizes and costs for Solar Oil and other CND products available, and again I give this to ALL new clients.

And they all say "OOOOOO I can get this in a bigger bottle too" :)

Claire :hug:

Has anyone used solar oil with Calgel at all? I've heard so many good things and I'm desperate to try,but obviously don't want to give it to any clients or ruin my own. So if anyone has been brave enough to try first.................?

Fluff...i asked my Calgel trainer if i could use solar oil she said she had tried it and had caused lifting, something to do with the molecule size compared to Calgel, i havent tried it tho.

Fluff...i asked my Calgel trainer if i could use solar oil she said she had tried it and had caused lifting, something to do with the molecule size compared to Calgel, i havent tried it tho.

Hmm,I did try and ask them today,but they obviously won't endorse any other product. I've just seen everyone rave about the Solar oil. I did read that it could be used with any system. I'm not going to chance it until someone has done it though. I'm pretty sure someone would of given it a whirl.

Solar oil

Very informative. What a great way to sell a product as fab as solar oil:)

Learn the ingredients of solar oil- that's soooo important!
Each of the ingredients are in their purest most concentrated forms and should thus be relayed onto the client.
Solar oil is so fine that it can actually penetrate the nail plate, and enhancements thus making them more flexible because without flexibility there is no strength.
Imagine a CD cover and a Tupperware container??
They are both made of an oligomer/ acrylic but if I threw them on the floor, only one would shatter- the other would bounce. That's because one contains more oil than the other.
Because of this, solar oil will make enhancements and natural nails more flexible, thus no lifting if proper prep, mix ratio and application techniques are practiced!
Also solar silk is the same as solar oil but whipped and solar butter is made of the famous solar recipe but with the added ingredient of Shea butter! A brilliant seller! Believe in your products and they sell themselves! I can always tell if my clients have regularly used solar oil!

Oh, did anyone mention that solar oil also contains Vitamin E for healing? Facial quality and amazing to massage scarred tissue and great for sun burn too!!
My daughter was savaged by a bull mastiff, the plastic surgeon told me to use oil to massage her scars which would prevent tissue build up- solar oil contained all the properties which she needed and now boot hall childrens hospital recommend it!

Solar oil

Very good, I'll def be using. X

pffft! I've used solar oil (on myself) with biosculpture gel and to no ill effect. I understood that calgel is a similar product.

Latest posts

Back