solaroil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you apply solaroil / cuticle oil?

• Once a day

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • More than once a day

Votes: 85 34.6%
  • When I actually remember that it exists

Votes: 62 25.2%
  • what is Solaroil????

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters

Missy_chic

Reaction score
Ok Geeks, we all practice that applying solar oil actually helps your nails but how often do you guys actually use it on yourself?????:green:

I have to say I am quite good:twisted: well with Solar Oil anyway:lol:
I have very bad nails very soft and my cuticles stink there are always loads of rag nails and hacks but since I found out about Solar Oil slowly they are looking half normal.

Almost everyday but I am out at the moment as my son decided to use it as hair oil and poured the bottle over his head and rubbed it in, funny though his hair is so soft now after washing it out.lol

LOL thats an idea to try....on hair.

I have a large 4oz bottle by my bed to make sure I use it every night. I will not be running out anytime soon hee hee

That's exactly what I do Sherry.....great minds think alike eh :)

i use it everyday i loove it ,also use solar silk all the time as well:)

I live by my solaroil, i carry a bottle in my bag and use it for a multitude of things i.e. if i am going in for a big meeting at work i rub a little on my shoes & handbags just so they are nice and smart lol.
I have a bottle in my desk draw and use it on my leather desk pad key board PC etc,... even used it on my dashboard as it looked a bit grubby (yup there is even a bottle in the glove compartment of my car too).

And most of all i use it on my nails everyday day........ mmmmmmmmm come to think of it sounds like i am a bit of a compulsive user doesn't it lol!

Luv 'n' hugs
Christi x

I loveee cuticle oil :D I don't have the Solar oil, but one from my local drugstore ;)
It's with lemon-, almond- & jojoba oil
I use it mostly twice a day :)

i'm quite good at using it, i just added it to my normal routine at night, after face cream etc also use it on my feet , as after in a day in flipflops they could do with it !!

:hug: i use it everyday on myself (more if i remember).. i keep a bottle in the

(un used) ashtray in the car and advise clients that have a car to keep it there so u get into habit of getting into car, applying oil, drive away...that gives the oil a chance to soak in without clients rubbing it in and taking half of it onto the steering wheel..:eek:

I should be using it more than once a day living in the Caribbean and I only wear open front shoes but don't rember until cutiles look dry.

Tricia:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

I have it by my bed and pop it on each night :) I also rub it on my heel to soften them when Ive had my flip flops on all day.

I pretty much use oil when they look dry but generally i have pretty healthy cuticles.Thank god for good genes.

Florentina Alexander

I had a fab soak in the bath the other evening, got out my solar Manicure and used it on my feet and hands and as I was in the bath the oil got in the water with me. It was like skating on ice, only in the bath hee hee
Ooooh it was nice. My skin was so soft.

does anyone know roughly how long the smaller retail bottles last? clients moan that its expensive but i say it lasts forever... but how long is forever:rolleyes:

I use mine alot aswell always last thing at night-trusty bottle by the bed, i have some in my handbag and also in my make up bag for use after swimming.

Unless you do a test you will never know. Hee hee
So here goes.
Get you bottle and dip in your brush, I usually have one dip per hand, that normally does the trick, so 2 dips per client.
Now........ are you getting me so far.......... Hee hee
Now you have to see how many ''drops'' you get from one bottle.
Should take you a couple of hours.
Im actually laughing while typing this. I picture you counting the drops.

I cant imagine why they would said its expensive as It's not and I'm sure prices in the UK are not any more expensive then they are here and besides it should last long. They shouldnt complain when they see the difference.

I couldnt vote on this as I am one of a very few peopke who cannot use solar oil as it makes my skin look even drier as I develop what looks like very small dried blisters which get bigger and then the skin peels away:eek: Still havent found a substitute but someone suggested A Jessica product which I am going to try in pure desperation!

Latest posts

Back